FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 2 Downtime

lococobra
Hey, I've said it before... and I know theres probably nothing that can be done... but...

I've been having some downtime issues with my site. I was on a chat program talking to some friends (hosted on my site) and the server seemed to go down about 4 times an hour. My previous response was that the server will go down shortly once every hour to keep major down time to a minimum, but this is directly from experiance...

What should I make of this...?
ChrisCh
What I think you should do is delete the chat program before you get your hosting account removed!
Quote:
Terms Of Service

Frihost is a free hosting service. We reserve the right to cancel any account for any reason or no reason at all. We provide web hosting to every user that abides to these Terms Of Service. Frihost reserves the right to change these Terms Of Service at any time. Every user is always responsible for all actions conducted throughout his account.
A) The following is strictly forbidden on our servers

1. Any type of IRC.

It's the first rule on the list! (IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat)
scotty
ChrisCh wrote:
It's the first rule on the list! (IRC stands for Instant Relay Chat)

It actually stands for Internet Relay Chat.
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+IRC&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

DELETE YOUR CHAT. It's probably the thing or a thing that contributes to all the downtime.

I say ban everything but good old simple php, none of this complicated CPU intensive stuff.
ChrisCh
scotty wrote:
ChrisCh wrote:
It's the first rule on the list! (IRC stands for Instant Relay Chat)

It actually stands for Internet Relay Chat.

My bad.
Animal
lococobra wrote:
I was on a chat program talking to some friends (hosted on my site) and the server seemed to go down about 4 times an hour...

As the other users have pointed out, this is strictly against the TOS. Please remove it from your account - check your PM for further details.

-close-