FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I saw a dead body on Friday...

David_Pardy
So I'm driving to work on the freeway, I look across to the other side of the road when a gap in the trees appears and there's a van facing the wrong way, with police and ambo cars all stopped and traffic is stopped.

I could see straight through the damaged van, to see the driver slumped in his seat.

Being as there was only a little bit of damage to the van I'd say he must have lost it in the wet weather, hit something and spun out. There was no blood so I'm guessing he copped a heavy hit to the head.

It's a bit unnerving, although I know I'm not the first person on this site to experience death but the moment I saw the poor guy I knew he was dead and it really hit me. The poor bloke was probably doing nothing wrong and probably made an unfortunate decision in wet weather which cost him his life.

My condolences to anyone here who has ever lost a loved one - be it in a car accident or anything else.
haris3
Seems like you got a pretty close-up look on the guy.

David_Pardy wrote:
So I'm driving to work on the freeway, I look across to the other side of the road when a gap in the trees appears and there's a van facing the wrong way, with police and ambo cars all stopped and traffic is stopped.

I could see straight through the damaged van, to see the driver slumped in his seat.

Being as there was only a little bit of damage to the van I'd say he must have lost it in the wet weather, hit something and spun out. There was no blood so I'm guessing he copped a heavy hit to the head.

It's a bit unnerving, although I know I'm not the first person on this site to experience death but the moment I saw the poor guy I knew he was dead and it really hit me. The poor bloke was probably doing nothing wrong and probably made an unfortunate decision in wet weather which cost him his life.

My condolences to anyone here who has ever lost a loved one - be it in a car accident or anything else.
David_Pardy
I was doing about 90km/h, it seemed like it was all going in slow motion.
izcool
I haven't encountered any deaths as of yet, but I seen my Great Aunt's lifeless body inside her casket when we were at her funeral home a couple of days before the burial. It's just too nervewrecking, but to see it on the site where someone just died in an automobile can be very devistating indeed.

About a month ago, near my work, there was a taxi cab that rear-ended 2 people on a motorcycle and had them on the ground. I heard it happen too, since I was outside at the time (I'm normally inside all day long), so I ran out to see what it was. I had my cellphone on me and made the call to 911 (I'm assuming first) about what happened from what I saw. I was out there for awhile watching what was going on, and they both were sent off to the hospital. I think I could have saved their lives when I did that because who knows how long it could have been before other people would make phone calls to call 911 on what happened. It turns out that the cab driver backed up, drove around them, and took off on the highway. I caught an eye on the cab company name and what car number it was, and I reported it to the police and they did get him. They got him for the accident, as a hit-and-run accident, for sending them to the hospital, and the charges to repair/replace the motorcycle and the damage to the cab car. I'm sure he's not going to be working for that again and had to pay up the wazoo for what happened that day.

- Mike.
scotty
I died according to some machine at hospital once. Heart beat and pulse completely went, it was one of those machines that have things all over your chest and it goes beep beep beep and then everything went quiet, then it went buuuuuuwuuurp buuuuuuuwwuuuurp and nurses came in and I'm like: "What's wrong?" They said my heart stopped or something but I felt fine and it started beeping normally again after like 10 seconds so I'm guessing it was their machine. I was in there for an asthma attack so yeah it's not like it was expected Razz

As for seeing someone else dead, no nobody.
Nikkori
Shivers. Man, that was really creepy for me. I'm thingking about the ghost appearing beside me in the front seat... Aarghh! Forget it. Just my 2 cents...
scorpiosemotion
I saw my grandfather die. He went into the hospital because oh pnemonia, he had been sick for several years. His body was just shutting down. I byproduct of alcholism and bad genes I suppose. The second day he was in ICU he went into a coma and wouldn't come out. His brain activity started to decline.. There was nothing more they could do. So they called the family together we were all there. We got to say goodbye. I couldn't say a word though. He looked at me and smiled before he passed. They told me it was just a response of a dying body that he wasn't really there. I didn't, couldn't sleep for days afterwards... Crying or Very sad
monzoncf
I saw my grandfather too. We are in the hospital that night because my grandfather was attacking asthma. Early in the moring, my grandmother woke up me and says that he's gone. And so we cried. I saw him lying on the car going to funeral parlor....
But I have no experience on car accident with dead. I hope I'm not going experience that thing on my whole life....I hope...
Vrythramax
Crying or Very sad I am so sorry Scorp!

My Grandfather passed after losing his wife of over 50 years. Sad
mjohnson
I am a doctor ,often see dead body in hospital! you can imagin that he or she has gone to the heaven!
meet in rio
The med students here are constantly telling us gory stories about dissection. Skinless bodies, severed hands, human organs... they've seen it all. Stomachs of iron, every one of them.

I've never seen a dead body, myself.
OutlawSpirit
i seen someone die before on the street... as a result of a fight... kinda crazy, but it didnt really bother me
ninjakannon
Obviously my heart goes out to all those who die innocently and I hope that if there was any pain, it was minimal. But that doesn't stop me wanting to see someone die; don't ask me why, I would just like to see it. Although I would rather watch someone die of old age in their hospital bed than watch them being killed in some horrific accident of such an event.

I have seen dead people on TV now (and I've seen people's blown apart bodies), as footage like this is becoming increasingly common. But it's not the same as witnessing it in real life.
Duncan Idaho
David_Pardy wrote:

Ive seen some one get killed, a couple of years ago. Didnt seem to bother me though, strange... . Though I understand a single death can cause several others pain.

I wonder how those US army champs in Iraq feel every time they kill a man. Must be hard at first, but they probibly get used to it.
qbawler311
I was designated to poke my dead uncle to make sure he was dead.
Manofgames
Ive never actually seen a dead body, though a close friend was run over, then died 2 days later.

But, life goes on Sad (im not putting anyone down just saying that this stuff happens )
Duncan Idaho
qbawler311 wrote:

lol Shocked , is that good or bad?
m00tmuffin
Eech, that's creepy. Poor guy. :\ Poor you, too. It's always unsettling seeing accidents and stuff but all the more so if you ever get a glimpse of those involved. I can't say I've ever seen a dead body myself, either, least outside of a casket once or twice.
Vrythramax
qbawler311 wrote:

now that's just bad! I wouldn't touch my uncle while he was alive!

*EDIT*...Thinking about....I think I will lock this topic as being to morbid.

-closed-
Codeman1
Things do happen but thats pretty freaky must of scared you or atleast give you the heebee geebees.