FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WINDOWS VISTA INSTALLATION HELP

Dragonfly-online
WHen i try to install (both upgrade and custom installs) Windows Vista RC1, after the second time it restarts, it shows my BIOS splash, then it just goes blank. I cant fix this. I looked it up, and it says there's a problem with my graphics driver, but there are no more available upgrades for it.My laptop also has a Vista Capable sticker so the installation should work but it doesnt. HELP!
LethcanAernis
Vista RC2 is released so install that one instead.
Vista is not RTM yet so it is normal things doesn't work.

What you can do is to connect and external monitor to your laptop and put the signal through that one. Start your computer in safe mode, even if you don't have the correct driver you should see something in safe mode. Then try with latest Windows XP driver, it worked for me on my HP Laptop.

Let me know the result of these test and I can continue to help you. It is always a bit of problem before it works.

But if you really have a Vista sticker you can contact the manufactur and ask why it doesn't work, but I'm sure they will claim it will work with the RTM release of Vista.
mrblah
Dragonfly-online wrote:
WHen i try to install (both upgrade and custom installs) Windows Vista RC1, after the second time it restarts, it shows my BIOS splash, then it just goes blank. I cant fix this. I looked it up, and it says there's a problem with my graphics driver, but there are no more available upgrades for it.My laptop also has a Vista Capable sticker so the installation should work but it doesnt. HELP!

What graphics card is in your laptop?
silverandgreeneyes
Well, they took RC2 off (they being Microsoft...} their site so the only way to get it is from other users on the internet. I got my copy off of Demonoid.com, which is a bittorrent site. Also, did you try to install the x86 or x64 version> You might have better luck with the x86 since it supports more drivers if you tried x64. Also installing on a clean harddrive is a good idea. I have 2 so one is for Xp and the other is for Vista. Also, did you do a hashcheck with Nero MD5 checker> Also, are you booting from a dvd you burned or from your harddrive with something like daemon tools> A lot of people had problems when they burned it to disk and sometimes the download is corrupt so thats why you get the MD5 checker to make sure it isnt. You just put the MD5 code for the version of vista you downloaded, which you can find online and I think the Microsoft site has it, but if its not just search around, and then it will scan the file and compare.
Kerosan
There are times that computers do this. For example, mine. Sometimes during boot it goes to a black screen but you can think of it as a type of "lag". After awhile the computer will "wake up" and continue loading as if there was no lag. Most of the time I just get pissed off because I'm not sure if it's lagging or just frozen so I just hit the restart button.