FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Vista's Gaming Side (DX 10 and BLAH)

Are you gonna buy Vista just for the DX10/any other gaming reason?
Yes
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
No
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 11

pokethamage
They say DX 10 will allow games to run more smoothly than DX 9...but DX 10 is Vista-only...so, are you gonna get Vista for DX 10/any other gaming-related reason? And if you got "any other gaming-related reason" please say it so I'll feel that I won't waste my $$ on Vista just for Flight Sim X...=P
Kitten Kong
Its just going to be a natural progression, in a cppl years we will all be using Vista just like noone like Win95 when it came out. The fact is that Bill Gates needs money, and if he has to release DX10 only for Vista and force us all to upgrade by making nothing work on XP then he will do it. How else is he going to afford that gold plated shark tank bar out by the pool, if he didn't embark on so many predatory business practices he might have to wait a couple of months before he could afford it.

Oh, and apparently Vista has some "Game Mode" or something like that where it shuts down everything but the game when you play, which is cool because you won't have windows hogging resources in the background, but i don't know what you do if you want to alt-tab for something, or want to tdownload in the background.
LostOverThere
Actually, I lot of Games wont work on Vista, so I, along with many others, will be keeping XP.
rayx
It is because Vista is still on beta stage. Maybe a few more years before they release the complete version of it.
fuzzy91
No. I won't get vista on release, but hopefully later on maybe with a computer upgrade. (Current wouldn't run Vista) though even the upgrade won't be DX10 compatible probally. I wouldn't buy vista just for games though I look foward to playing DX10 game someday as they should be absolutely immense, ESPECIALLY Crysis.

~Fuzzy
Helios
First of all, there will be a DX10 version for XP.
Now, I'm not going to buy Vista at all (I'm using a Mac).
If, and only if, I get a good enough PC, I'll try vista, buty for games I'll still use XP until the game companies will not support it.
That might happen in a year from now.
datter
The next time I get a new system, I'll get Vista and that's likely several years out at this point. Until then, I'm sticking with XP.
Josso
If there is anything advancing the gaming scene I will get it, sounds interesting but for general use (I don't just use my PCs for gaming) it's looking a bit shoddy at the moment Sad
pokethamage
Helios wrote:
If, and only if, I get a good enough PC, I'll try vista, buty for games I'll still use XP until the game companies will not support it.

Microsoft stated there wont be DX10 for XP...-_-...where'd u get the DX10 XP concept from?!

Source:http://www.gamespot.com/features/6143883/p-4.html
HoboPelican
pokethamage wrote:
Helios wrote:

Microsoft stated there wont be DX10 for XP...-_-...where'd u get the DX10 XP concept from?!

Source:http://www.gamespot.com/features/6143883/p-4.html

Maybe he saw something like this.

It says that
Quote:
DirectX 9.0 L is simply a renamed and refurbished DirectX 10 for Windows XP

I don't know the reality of this issue, but that is what a very quick google session came up with.
linkman2004
I might have, but sadly, I don't have a computer that can run Vista hardly, let alone any games that use DX10. That and I don't really play any PC games.
Ravenius
First I want to know what Vista actually is like... I think I won't buy it on release, maybe later on.