FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favorite Console in History

william
The first video game console ever was the Magnavox Odyssey. Since then, many consoles were launched. We have now entered the 7th generation starting with the launch of the Xbox 360. It went from the Magnavox Odyssey to the Nintendo Wii in about 35 years.

So, what is your favorite console in history? (not including portables).

For me, I'm not too sure. One would definitely be the Odyssey, the first console ever. There are a ton of other consoles I like, including all of Nintendo's consoles, all of the 6th generation consoles and a bunch of others. In other words, I can't choose.

What about you?

Also, I searched for this topic. If it was already made, mods, feel free to lock this.
LostOverThere
I loved the Nintendo 64, I remember the day I got it...That was great.

Other then that I think the Wii looks fantastic.
benwhite
I'll always be an SNES fan. I was a bit young to enjoy the NES as much as it deserved, but I definitely grew up on the SNES, Secret of Mana, CT, Super Mario, FF3, SFII, LoZ LttP...
eLto
Oh man, this is a hard one indeed.

The first system I owned was a Sega Master System II. It had Alex Kidd in miracle world built into it(which I've to this day not cleared) and some great titles like Ninja Gaiden and Bubble Bobble.
Then I got the Genesis. No Mercy and sonic the hedgehog were definetly favourites here.
I bought the Playstation 1 and played Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Gran Turismo 2, Tekken 3 and Crash bandicoot.

After some consideration, I did buy a Sega Dreamcast, being the saga boy I was, I decided to give them one more chance, after the whole Saturn flop, and boy was I dissapointed. Firstly, Sonic Adventure!? what the heck, guys? Sonic WAS funny in 2d, not 3d. But that's another discussion.

So, favourite console?

Sony Playstation.

I've had so many thousand hours of enjoyable gameplay with this console, and hundreds of enjoyable games, so I'd have to say PS1.
rightclickscott
This one is a toughie, but I'd have to go with the Super Nintendo. It was the console that really broke the 8-bit barrier and gave a facelift to classic games like Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Starcraft. While many people would say the N64 revolutionized Nintendo, the Super Nintendo was always my favorite. It was all curvy and sexy, and had some great mario games, especially Super Mario World and Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars. It just seemed like the Super Nintendo was the perfect consumer console of it's time, and while peopel overlook it to go to classic NES games and N64 games, you have to remember the wedge in between which made those games keep going.
hunterm
Has anyone heard of the Konix Multisystem?

I held out for a year desperatley wanting one of these things. It was top of the range (about 15 years ago). Had a hydraulic seat and a control that could change from a steering wheel to a airplane yolk to motorcycle handlebars. Brilliant.... only, it never saw the light of day. Sad
william
hunterm wrote:
Has anyone heard of the Konix Multisystem?

I held out for a year desperatley wanting one of these things. It was top of the range (about 15 years ago). Had a hydraulic seat and a control that could change from a steering wheel to a airplane yolk to motorcycle handlebars. Brilliant.... only, it never saw the light of day. Sad

Yeah, I have. Like you said, it was suppose to have a hydraulic seat and a bunch of other stuff. (Like a force feedback steering wheel). If I can recall correctly, it was based on the Flare One Computer. It had a 4,096 color palette, a resolution of 256x200, a custom 3.5" drive bay (which held a little under 900 KB of space), 256 KB of RAM, a 16 Bit CPU, and a LOT more. Great console (at the time), too bad it was never launched.
frenchy
Im loving my PSP right now, i have had it for about 3 month and i can play all the great games even old games with the emulartor i put on to it.
I can play great films on it and got on the net using the WiFi options all in all for me its been a great machine.
Airodonack
Consoles get better and better all the time. They're loaded with more graphics, memory, etc. I always say never ask an old person about technology. Very Happy No offense of course.

Mine is the computer. Very versatile, customizable, and fast. They can count as game consoles right? They play games too.

Youngsters... Rolling Eyes