FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Diablo 2 LOD

creezalird
I play Diablo2Lod quite lots since the past two years through the Battle.net.
I'm now waitin for the new diablo3 which expected to be release around next year.Hopefully this new brand diablo will be much more exciting and fun
So anybody here plays Diablo2 online?
Lusiphur
I started playing again with 1.10 came out, the ladder style was a great idea and it leveled the playing field for a while.

Stopped playing when the ladder reset, when playing NL I started running bots to hunt for DC or just to farm bosses while I was at work. It ruined the game for me.

Which is a shame, as D2 is one of the best Hack n Slash RPG's to date, and I look forward to D3, Might actually take me away from wow.
Josso
Is D3 actually confirmed now or are there just complete rumours?

I played since 1.04 and have gone back several times Laughing
7Pound7
I played it a lot and the game is highly addictive. Demonic too.
I quit playing after I realized the game is not only fighting against demonic powers, but throughout the game the use of demonic stuff, occult stuff and the like is embraced too much. My soul wasn't safe anymore. Besides diablo, too many other games contain a truchload of heavy demonic stuff. What will be the consequence for all those people who are ignorant and cannot guard themselves for this spiritual influence and attack by demonic powers that do not honor God, but rather whish to keep (young) people away from knowing God?

Any comments?

7Pound7
Lusiphur
7Pound7 wrote:
I played it a lot and the game is highly addictive. Demonic too.
I quit playing after I realized the game is not only fighting against demonic powers, but throughout the game the use of demonic stuff, occult stuff and the like is embraced too much. My soul wasn't safe anymore. Besides diablo, too many other games contain a truchload of heavy demonic stuff. What will be the consequence for all those people who are ignorant and cannot guard themselves for this spiritual influence and attack by demonic powers that do not honor God, but rather whish to keep (young) people away from knowing God?

Any comments?

7Pound7

???

Most people I know are able to differentiate between reality and games. But that's not the point I'm going to make.

In D2 you were going against the forces of evil, being guided by an Angel none the less to prevent the legions of hell walking the earth.

Could you please show me where in this game there is a deliberate attempt to keep people away from knowing god? Actually, can you go one further and list me games that attempt to do this by heavy demonic influence?

If so I think we can create another post and discuss this properly.
faker_phil
A great game, but I became sort of a gfx junkie, so only games that look awesome can satisfy my needs now Wink
dac_nip
i think there's a thread for diablo 3. just search it Very Happy . anyway, from what i remember, its still under construction. rumors say that it will be lot more exciting and the scope would be much wider, furthermore the graphics would be a real 3D compared to the flat one of D2. the concept would be like of heaven and hell and the equipments would be much more different. they can be light or dark equipments. oops. im not pretty sure with these as they are just rumors. do your research and you will find more rumors out there! Very Happy
Fenroy
I played D2:LOD for awhile, but I eventually got bored with it. I prefer necromancers, but I had a trap assassin for awhile and I experimented with a hammerdin. Naturally, as I got to higher levels of difficulty, my characters (mainly just the necromancers) grew less and less able to kill enemies. My bone necro especially had problems in Act II because there are enemies that are immune to magic. That poses quite a significant problem to a character that uses only magic to deal damage. My hammerdin was rather good, though. I lost all my characters when I stopped playing, though, because battle.net decided that I had been idle for too long (3 months is too short of an idle time!). I may or may not get back into it once school lets up a bit, but I've been playing other games like Fable recently, so I haven't really been interested in Diablo.
QrafTee
creezalird wrote:
I play Diablo2Lod quite lots since the past two years through the Battle.net.
I'm now waitin for the new diablo3 which expected to be release around next year.Hopefully this new brand diablo will be much more exciting and fun
So anybody here plays Diablo2 online?

I'm not sure where you got this "Diablo III in 2007" stuff, but I used to play Diablo II online, but then all the hacked items showed up and it wasn't fun anymore. My friends sold his accounts for 20 dollars which was funny (since it was to another friend).
eLto
Actually, it seems like blizzard is playing with the idea. It also looks like it's actually in production. Here's an interview from IGN where they confirm they have three titles in production, non-MMO, so the possibility is definetily there:
IGN wrote:
With World of Warcraft well covered and with our time with Sams coming to an end, we asked him what we can expect out of Blizzard in the future, and were specifically inquisitive about the possibility of StarCraft 2.

"StarCraft is my absolutely favorite game of all time," Sams told us. "As you probably already know, there is no doubt that we will continue the StarCraft and Diablo franchise, and trust me, I will be the happiest person in the world when we announce StarCraft 2."
While Sams wasn't ready to spill the beans just yet, he did say Blizzard "will have a major product announcement in 2007," and that Blizzard was currently working on at least three other unannounced titles at the moment.

In terms of what these games could be, we asked if they would fall in line with the major success Blizzard has had with World of Warcraft. "I want to be clear that we're not just content to be an MMO company," Sams explained. "Some other companies get into the role of making just MMOs, but Blizzard lets the developers pick what they want to work on, and it's not all MMOs."

When asked about StarCraft: Ghost, Sams said that it was on indefinite hold, but that Blizzard wasn't averse to exploring further console development in the future. "We've been up to MS and they've been at our office talking about Vista and 360," Sams said, "and we're certainly excited about some of the tools they have to offer in the console world as well as with Vista and DirectX 10. However, with our own online gaming service, we're going to pick and choose what we want to use; we're going to protect Battle.net and make sure Battle.net ranks supreme."
Hojo
i have played a lot of diablo2 lod. i currently dont play it, but a few years ago i played it a lot, then took a break and started playing again a bit later. even now i check my battle net accounts every now and then so they dont get deleted for the time when i will start playing again. the last few times i played lod was single player though. if you dont cheat its more of a challenge since you cant trade items. once stuff started piling up there i started single player hardcore, luckily didnt die yet ^^
7Pound7
dac_nip wrote:
i think there's a thread for diablo 3. just search it Very Happy .

You can find the thread on D3 here:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-402861.html&highlight=#402861
7Pound7
Lusiphur wrote:

Most people I know are able to differentiate between reality and games. But that's not the point I'm going to make.

In D2 you were going against the forces of evil, being guided by an Angel none the less to prevent the legions of hell walking the earth.

Could you please show me where in this game there is a deliberate attempt to keep people away from knowing god? Actually, can you go one further and list me games that attempt to do this by heavy demonic influence?

If so I think we can create another post and discuss this properly.

Of course one can discuss when things become real. a game is a game after all. But I think people do become influenced by powers they are not aware of when they loose themselves in games that have a lot of occultness in the game.

In diablo you of course fight the 'evil'. But in D1 you became evil yourselves. Throughout many blizzard games the main theme is becoming 'possessed' by demonic powers. (D1, D2, D2LOD, Warcraft 1, 2, 3, WOW) even when you are fighting on the 'good' side.
Such games do not point towards a good God, but embrace the idea that evil in the end will possess you, no matter what.

Besides that, you as a character are using many spells that are based upon magic, occult offerings and rituals, necromancy etcetera. Don't take that lightly, people WILL get influenced spiritually by those things themselves. At least that is my feeling and partially my experience.

I used to play a lot of diablo around the time my little daughter was born. She slept in the computer room in the beginning. She would be extremely restless at that period. One day I suddenly realized that the influences of that game might be present in that room. That was the moment I decided to throw away the game, together with the warcraft games. Believe it or not, but from that day on, my little daughter slep quietly and without the restlessness we experienced the weeks before.

This is an honest reply from my part and it is true. This is what I experienced and I believe it, based upon my observations.

Hopefully that explained something more.

Any questions or comments are more then welcome.
vaoger
it kind llike old game... compare to dungeon siege!!
i like play diablo 2 lord of destruction oo.. in the battle net.. coz it leveling faster and found many rune and jewery faster!1
there are also some srune word that only able to fuse during battle net only.. so its cool!! finding people all over the ream to trade stuff or buying rune.. is cool!1 but abit lag for 56ker.. HAte that!!
DarkJad
"I used to play a lot of diablo around the time my little daughter was born. She slept in the computer room in the beginning. She would be extremely restless at that period. One day I suddenly realized that the influences of that game might be present in that room. That was the moment I decided to throw away the game, together with the warcraft games. Believe it or not, but from that day on, my little daughter slep quietly and without the restlessness we experienced the weeks before."

Do you think it could be the audio/visual stimuli keeping your daughter awake, not the evil presence of videogames? I know that whenever I play games before I go to bed, I have a little bit harder time sleeping (unless it's a relaxing game of Lumines Wink ).

As an above poster stated, I can draw the line between the real and a videogame. Regardless of my religious status, I'm a highly moral person; I have never experimented with drugs, broken the law (aside from the occasional jaywalk), etc.

But anybody who looks at my videogame collection, which includes games such as DOOM (just bought it on the XBLA, thought it was worth mentioning), Diablo II, World of Warcraft, and tons of mature rated games might think otherwise. I'm a big fan of Fullmetal Alchemist, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, and many other games with occult material.
[Clarification: I don't own entirely mature rated games; I just own LOTS of games, which means I do own a good deal of M games, as do I own a good deal of T games, and even a lot of E games; and some KA games for those who remember.]

I personally don't believe it's the place of videogames to help children embrace God (nor is school the place; but that's another topic).
Frankly, if the child spends too much time playing videogames to go to church, that is the fault of the parent, not the console.
7Pound7
She didn't play or watch the game. Btw she was 1 month old at that time...
V3N0M
d2:LOD is a fun game and very addicting when i started playing but now its not as fun as it used to be...I still play from time to time and my username is V3N0M0519
mjohnson
I like play Diablo 2 online an also hope D3 come soon!
vaoger
mjohnson wrote:
I like play Diablo 2 online an also hope D3 come soon!

sorry to upset you..
rumour said that Diablo will End after Lord of destruction...
eLto
well, to be honest, you DO kill the three lords. Mephisto - Lord of hatred, Diablo - Lord of terror, and Baal - Lord of destruction. I guess there's really noone left to slay now, so a sequel might just ruin the entire storyline. However, if blizzard really wants to, they'll pull it off. Also, I seriously hope that if Blizzard decides to make diablo 3, they'll make a graphics engine worth it. I mean, take a look at d2 expansion. it was released in 2001. You know what else was released then? The Playstation 2. They had the resources to make the graphics tons better, but decided that(as with every game they make) if they made the graphics not top notch, more people could play it. Don't get me wrong though, the graphics of diablo 2 is timeless and unique. I love it. But take a look at WoW. It's graphics isn't top notch, or anything, it's made so that more people can play it. And for a MMORPG, I suppose that's fine, but if they decide to make diablo3, they should really crank it up. For once.
Lusiphur
I had an idea for how they could expand the game further and make D3.

There are meant to be 4 Lord, the last one being the Lord of Lies.

What if the events of Diablo 2 where due to teh interference of him? What is the "angel" that helped you destroy the 3 evils was in fact the Lord of lies, and that he was using you to destroy his brothers so that he could take over.

We have no idea what happened after Bhall was destroyed and the worldstone dissapeared. What if it didn't close the portal as the "angel" told us?

I think it would fit with Diablo's theme, and would make an interesting start for a 3rd game where you really want to win to make up fro being "tricked."

@7pound7 Check your inbox.
Fenroy
eLto wrote:
well, to be honest, you DO kill the three lords. Mephisto - Lord of hatred, Diablo - Lord of terror, and Baal - Lord of destruction. I guess there's really noone left to slay now, so a sequel might just ruin the entire storyline.

The thing about it is that in the end of D2:LOD, Tyrael destroys the Worldstone, thus altering the world forever. The very fact that Tyrael says (essentially) "Even I cannot predict how your world will change as a result of this" leaves the series open to another sequel.

My guess is that the story will be set sometime in the future when the demons have found some way to exploit the non-existence of the Worldstone. Thus, as a hero, you would have to stop the forces of Hell from entering the world again and do what the Horadrim originally did and find some way to bind the three Prime Evils so their evil influence is never felt again.

Again, that's just my guess, but if I worked at Blizzard, that's what I would do.
moonblade
Fenroy wrote:

My guess is that the story will be set sometime in the future when the demons have found some way to exploit the non-existence of the Worldstone. Thus, as a hero, you would have to stop the forces of Hell from entering the world again and do what the Horadrim originally did and find some way to bind the three Prime Evils so their evil influence is never felt again.

Again, that's just my guess, but if I worked at Blizzard, that's what I would do.

Heh, or Tyrael turns out to have not been what he claimed to be after all, and after a "I'm actually the chief of the folk that overthrew Diablo and his kin in the first place" sort of an intro, becomes the chief evil. That'd at least be minorly unexpected.

As for the video game influence someone brought up a few posts earlier, well, I believe the post said that while the girl didn't initially play, the poster did? Did the poster play in earphones? How loud is the poster's HDD and coolers? I mean, honestly... Demonic influences in a computer game? *shrug*. Hardly likely. More than likely, some physical factor, like, perhaps, wanting the parent to be next to her rather than cutting out a few hells' worth population of demons, undead and other stuff.
kimiku
Yes I agree. Diablo is just a game. And if it were demonic somehow, it would have been equipped with the forces of light to counter it Very Happy.

But seriously, I think it was because she wuz too busy playing d2 thats why it kept crying. D2 is addictive u know.

The thing I like about diablo 2 LOD is its repeatability. I have already gone on various builds like es/fb... singer barb or phoenix striker assassin. What I like are the builds that are hard to play with. Like zero vitality sorc, which forces u to play more since she is low on life, but she has ES anyway and 11% damage reduction. Or glass cannon amazon which is like a sniper ver.

I have been with diablo since diablo without that hellfire thing. It was so scary back then.
lordfrikk
Well, I've been playing Diablo (and the add-on Hellfire) looong ago, but my friends and I really enjoyed it. We didn't mind the graphics and stuff, because we considered ti WAAY too cool Very Happy Getting down the dungeons with you friends... whoa... feels nostalgia coming up my spine Laughing

When D2 came out, we were freaked out Twisted Evil Playin it all day and night, one difficulty after another... Collecting sets to have them complete and when the interest began to slowly fade out... LOD went GOLD. It was like 3 extatic states.

But sad reality is, that I haven't played any of Diablo for past year... maybe I'll start again when D3 comes out Wink
Josso
Went back to it today... I almost completly forgot about it due to a lot of depressing and distracting months at school. Characters expired (NOOOO!) when I usually remembered to renew them occasionly. Oh well I expect it might be more fun starting some new ones anyway.
Cole
The Diablo 1 manual opens up a possibility for a sequel.

Simply to put there are 7 evils in hell. 4 lesser and 3 prime evils. Two lesser evils were killed and 3 prime evils were killed. This leaves Belial and Azmodan. The last time they were mentioned was in the D1 manual and they were caught in a civil war after overthrowing the Prime Evils(Diablo, Meph, and Baal) about who had more authority. We don't know what happened to them since Diablo, Meph, and Baal took hell back. Although you could easily make a storyline from this.

Throw in the World Stone incidient. Theres an easy way to make a storyline from D3. Also to point out, D3 has not been announced. Blizzard is working on 3 unannounced projects and the team behind Diablo is working on one of those projects(Check hiring page). Blizzard stated they would have a major product annoucement in 2007. So if it is announced in 2007 your looking at 2008 - 2010 release date. Personally may hopes are on Sc2.
Arseniy
Diablo... I know it inside out... Both first and second. But I have never played Battle.net because I connect with dialup, so it's not very suitable. First part I finished by both three characters, second - I'm now in last town by Barbarian.
FaLLeN
I remember years ago when diablo came out, i bought it and got all exited to play it, to find out my pc was old POS.
so i got a new one(finally!!)start of last year and played it Very Happy
Lately me and my friend have been playin it with each other.

I really hope D3 will come out....guess ill wait! Very Happy
urologist
I like this game very much.when I was a high school students,I play it all day and all night:)
soulman
I love DiabloII LOD, and I pretty like to see DiabloIII... but it seems Blizzard will not to start the project...
gh0stface
All this talking about D2:LoD kind of makes me want to reinstall the game onto my computer. Maybe we should start a little FriHost guild and play together. Wink

Although it may be a little hard with all of us with different time zones and different countries.
Lusiphur
Me and an old friend from D2 were talking about starting to play the game again.

It's surprisginly addictive...

Don;t think I could play from lvl 1 again. Was to painful. Would love to see if I would still do 1-75 in under 8 hours though.