FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm studying abroad and got stuck...

creezalird
Halo...
I'm a student and currently studies electrical engineering in fachhochschule Rosenheim Germany.I feels a little bit worry about my studies as I don't understand quite a lot in the lectures.They're all talking like me never existed.
So I need some place in the internet to express all my worryness and problems,so that I don't get crazy
JoseRizal
you should try learning the language - doesn't your school offer language tutoring?
it's fun to study abroad - you get to make new friends, learn about their culture, maybe hook up with a fraulein or two Smile
being able to communicate with them is the key, though.
creezalird
Actually I've already learned the language for about 2 years in my country..but then after 1 whole year working before I fly to Germany,I've almost lost all the ability to speak the language..
Sad to say,but that is the truth that I must face..
Thanx dude
JoseRizal
i feel you, man. seems that nowadays one has to know more than their native language to have a satisfactory co-existence in society.
i, for example, work with a few spanish-speaking co-workers - i find their language melodic and pleasing to the ear, and i very much would like to be able to participate in their conversations (and the senoritas are hot, btw Smile )
i've set my goal to learn spanish, and am now looking around on the web for a good tutorial.
hope it works out for both you and me.
tonerj
i totally recognize that ist's important to no languages other than your native, especially spanish, it being the second biggest language in america
discountcontacts
Hey Guys, the order of importance of current languages is as follows according to the 2006 G-meister scale:

English
Chinese (Mandarin)
Spanish
French
Arabic
Japanese
Korean
Brazilian Portugese
German
Russian

This list was compiled according to the biased opinion of one man- and is based on a criteria consisting of economic, political, cultural, social and futurist factors.
indianinworld
creezalird wrote:
Halo...
I'm a student and currently studies electrical engineering in fachhochschule Rosenheim Germany.I feels a little bit worry about my studies as I don't understand quite a lot in the lectures.They're all talking like me never existed.
So I need some place in the internet to express all my worryness and problems,so that I don't get crazy

Maybe - You should try concentrating on the Lecture to understand things better.

And even then if u cant succeed, then you should be atleast be an Subject expert (Try understanding the Basics better - so that you understand the latter better) - If at all you cant be an Matter Expert...

Keep Smiling Smile
rano
You should find a girlfriend who will teach you her native language.
It is really a nice way - to combine study with pleasure. Laughing
em0o
go check with your school and check with the program to see if there are any aids to help you learn. also, you can always talk to the advisor of the department.
kannadi
Forums like these are the best place dude,
livein10
Who is this G-meister and what are his or her qualifications?
evilryu530
may i ask why u went to germany to study that? meet some friends, and check out the culture, im sure it's not all too bad over there, whatever you're intersted in try tofind people who share the same passsion
conspiranoia
The best thing you can do if you are in germany and you don't speak very well is trying to speak with other people, i suggest you to put an advert anywhere the people meets there to do a "language interchange".

It's very helpful for learning idiomatic expressions and you can meet people too what will make you feel better and not get depressed, because if you are feeling so bad it's sure you can't improve your language.

P.D. If anyone want to make a "language interchange" with me, just send me a private message i'm spanish and interested in german and english.

Twisted Evil
indeedwrestling
The culture and people experience is just as worthwhile as the actual lecture learning. Just keep that in right, sir!