FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

They pulled the plug on the Halo Movie! Help it back!

polly-gone
Did you know that they pulled the plug on the Halo movie! Go here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/halomovie/index.html to help bring it back!
ninjakannon
Hey I haven't heard of this, and can't find anything about it. I also have a friend that would sure have told me about it if they had dropped the movie.

Would you please give me a link to where this was officially announced before I start signing you petition? Thanks.
LostOverThere
No Good Game To Movies are ever good, they're different environments and have totally different storylines.
It just wont be indepth enough.

But I signed the Petition, just because I wanna see them fail, sorry guys.
ninjakannon
LostOverThere wrote:
No Good Game To Movies are ever good, they're different environments and have totally different storylines.
It just wont be indepth enough.

I know exactly what you mean. I can't actually think of a good movie from any console games; but that wouldn't have stopped me going to see the Halo movie.

Anyway, I still can't find anything about this Halo movie being called off. I think this could be a fake time-wasting partition. Although I'm not sure. Shocked
Klaw 2
Isnt it a way to get ur email adresses? I mean I read almost every weekly update on bungie and i didnt see that. And you have to fill in ur email adresses.
ninjakannon
Klaw 2 wrote:
Isnt it a way to get ur email adresses? I mean I read almost every weekly update on bungie and i didnt see that. And you have to fill in ur email adresses.

Yes I think it is, which is why I didn't do it myself.

I hope no one else does either. Confused
Agent ME
About the movie - Bungie and Microsoft have anounced they are going to continue working on the movie and find someone else they can work with.
Insanity
Has there actually been any games that made good movies?
ninjakannon
Insanity wrote:
Has there actually been any games that made good movies?

I can't think of any.

Agent ME wrote:
About the movie - Bungie and Microsoft have anounced they are going to continue working on the movie and find someone else they can work with.

Thanks for the info, Agent ME. Wink
Would you mind telling us what's been going on with this? I had no idea that any problems had arisen in the development of this film.
Josso
To be honest I'm glad it's over. Making films out of games (especially FPS) is never a good idea... it would have ruined Halo completly by releasing something not as good as the game completly.
ninjakannon
Josso wrote:
To be honest I'm glad it's over. Making films out of games (especially FPS) is never a good idea... it would have ruined Halo completly by releasing something not as good as the game completly.

I wish you would read the rest of the thread before posting your reply... because what you've said is irrelevant, they are still making the movie and you would have read that if you had read the other posts on this topic. Evil or Very Mad
Saber
Quote:
I wish you would read the rest of the thread before posting your reply... because what you've said is irrelevant, they are still making the movie and you would have read that if you had read the other posts on this topic. Evil or Very Mad

Very true, anyways, You asked whats going on about the movie. I think eurogamer has one of the better articles about it, http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=69005

they also link what bungie said them selves.

-saber
ninjakannon
Nice one, thanks a lot for the link, Saber. Very Happy

They seem determined to bring out this Halo movie, so I guess it's going to happen. Although doubtless the game will not be nearly as good as the games; I just hope that it doesn't detract from the games - but this is unlikely. I'm guessing that the film will be quite good, well, good in terms of the general quality of films based on games.