FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Inactive Moderators





Marston
There are quite a few modertors (old & new) that aren't really all that active (eg. never post, hardly ever login). Shouldn't they be replaced by members who are around more often?




Just a thought.
Blaster
i agree somewhat. You should remove them for security purposes but like if they ask for the spot back give it to them. That way you won't get hacked by somoene that may knwo there password or whatever. Just a suggestion. Really the following are the only mods i ever see on (not including Junior Admins)
Animal
Daniel15 (on like once a week really)
gh0stface (on like once a week really)
Helios
HoboPelican
James007
mathiaus
Traveller
Vrythramax

So thats like 7 that are here like everyday and two that are on like once a week out of 20 (21 including tidruG)
TeenZine
True I agree those mods should removed or post more. Thow I think they were picked cause there responsible and I dont think they would give there password to anyone and Im sure they change it frequently.
Bondings
Blaster, quite a few mods stay invisible, at least that's the advice I'm giving to them. If you remain visible, you get lots of pm's - at least in my case.
LukeakaDanish
I'm quite certain that this, in any case, is absolutely none of neither Marston, nor Blaster nor Teenzines concern.

If frihost needs to replace mods, I'm sure this decision will be taken in the moderator forum.

Confused
Animal
LukeakaDanish wrote:
I'm quite certain that this, in any case, is absolutely none of neither Marston, nor Blaster nor Teenzines concern.

If frihost needs to replace mods, I'm sure this decision will be taken in the moderator forum.


I just quoted this because I couldn't possibly have put it better myself!
Blaster
Bondings wrote:
Blaster, quite a few mods stay invisible, at least that's the advice I'm giving to them. If you remain visible, you get lots of pm's - at least in my case.


Yea I see your point there.

And FYI Animal i've been to some boards that had inative mods and then they got there account hacked into and it screwed it up. I did it because of frihosts safty thats all.
Codeman1
I would say if they don't post in a long time replace them because if they come back and dont feel like particpating in this forum anymore then they go all wacko and delete ur forum or section.
Marston
LukeakaDanish wrote:
I'm quite certain that this, in any case, is absolutely none of neither Marston, nor Blaster nor Teenzines concern.

If frihost needs to replace mods, I'm sure this decision will be taken in the moderator forum.

Confused
It's not my job to be concerned about the moderation of these forums?

I think it is damn well my concern, seeing as I don't want to be wading though tonnes of spam every day..

But I disagree with Blaster's choice of moderators, I see almost all of those moderators, and most do a very good job. There are just a few (like 3 or 4) that haven't posted in about a month.

I refrained from posting the names of the moderators for a reason though, there's no need to embarass anybody.
gh0stface
I'm actually around quite a bit. I just don't post as much anymore as a lot of the topics that are ongoing do not really interest me so I have nothing to say :)

So I pretty much just browse the forums to make sure that they are in order.
garionw
gh0stface wrote:
I'm actually around quite a bit. I just don't post as much anymore as a lot of the topics that are ongoing do not really interest me so I have nothing to say Smile

So I pretty much just browse the forums to make sure that they are in order.


Which is fair enough, most of the time we don't see what you're doing as its work behind the scenes, deleteing things

We only see what you do wrong (If thats anything!)
illegalhost
Yup, more like a policeman. You don't see policemen running around trying to shake hands and try to create a scene with everybody do you? At least not in my state. They do the homeworks at their base, but they would be the ones who know if anything happens. And they would, hopefully, clear out the trash. So far so good i must say. I guess the mods themselves would know if they need more manpower cuz they are the ones running the server here. Do i gain any extra points here?? Mods?? Hehe. Kidding. But if i may, how does the mods actually identify which other mods are doing the job and those who doesn't do the job? It is difficult to monitor with so many mods, isin't it? Curious.
reddishblue
still even if their invisible than we can still see them post, and i just found out there is a mod called orno, never saw him post, i think it is time we got rid of the non-active mods and replaced them with new ones, also with your av blaster i thought you were vrth Very Happy
garionw
reddishblue wrote:
still even if their invisible than we can still see them post, and i just found out there is a mod called orno, never saw him post, i think it is time we got rid of the non-active mods and replaced them with new ones, also with your av blaster i thought you were vrth Very Happy


I think that was the idea Wink

and I've seen Orno post a few times, but I think that ocalhoun, Blaster and S3nd K3ys should all be moderators as they are the only ones as part of the top posters who aren't moderators
tidruG
garionw wrote:
reddishblue wrote:
still even if their invisible than we can still see them post, and i just found out there is a mod called orno, never saw him post, i think it is time we got rid of the non-active mods and replaced them with new ones, also with your av blaster i thought you were vrth Very Happy


I think that was the idea Wink

and I've seen Orno post a few times, but I think that ocalhoun, Blaster and S3nd K3ys should all be moderators as they are the only ones as part of the top posters who aren't moderators

Having the highest posts is not even remotely the criteria for picking the Mods.

I don't think there's a security issue with the inactive Moderators. Some of them are on a break, others have taken temporary time off. And also, it's really hard for you all to actually find out which Mods are active and which ones aren't. Like gh0stface, a few mods don't really post as much. Instead, they just browse through the forums and the threads. I generally don't reply in threads that don't interest me (which is one of the tips in the "Guidelines on making quality posts" thread too, by the way).

If we think we're under-staffed, we get new moderators.
Blaster
i get you now tidruG. I guess your right that some just browse the forums. Anyhow i was wrong you where right. Don't kill me.
Marston
There are still one or two mods who haven't posted in MONTHS, so it's obvious that they're not even closing threads...
LukeakaDanish
Marston wrote:
There are still one or two mods who haven't posted in MONTHS, so it's obvious that they're not even closing threads...


In order to have a frihost account, you have to post now and then (I guess you know that), which means they probably do post.

Anyway, almost all spam is locked or deleted fairly quickly on frihost (in my opinion), so there is really no explicit need for change to the moderator team...

...and as tidruG says: The amount of posts a moderator has doesnt really matter. You should listen to that - he is one of the people who's oppinion actually matters - neither mine nor yours does (in this case), which is something you should just accept!
Marston
^ Did you ever consider the fact that I checked the moderator's profile page?

Also, most spam topics are locked, rather than deleted, so in the highly unlikely event that EVERY one of a moderators posts for closing a topic has been deleted, I apologise for my mistake. Rolling Eyes

I'm not talking about the number of posts (nor have I ever) so much as I'm talking about the fact that not a single word has been posted in several months in some cases.

FYI, I think that a regular member of FriHost's opinion is just as valid (if not moreso) than a moderator. It's not like Bondings only ever listens to the mods.

Also, it would be cool if you kind of read what I post instead of blindly sucking up to moderators as you are so plainly doing at the moment. Sad
LukeakaDanish
Marston wrote:
^


Wow...thanks for the flame...I really needed that...

I DO read your posts - of course I do - I'm no noob. WHY should I suck up to the moderators? - I dont!

That being said, I still think there's no reason for you to pester them with the same question over and over - its been answered - so lets not waste anybodies time.

So - "inactive moderators"? - WHY are you bothered??? HOW is it your concern? WHY should Bondings (or anybody else) care? The moderators ARE doing their job, so I, for one, see no reason for a change.

(Ok, technically you could call that "sucking up", however I assure you that there is no other purpose with this post - it really is just my opinion.)

WHY are you more important than the mods when it comes to making decisions regarding the mod team? That makes no sense to me.
Animal
Ok, cool it - the pair of you. Don't make me reach for my AWIT issuing link! Wink

Marston wrote:
Also, most spam topics are locked, rather than deleted, so in the highly unlikely event that EVERY one of a moderators posts for closing a topic has been deleted, I apologise for my mistake. Rolling Eyes

While I take your point that there may be one or two moderators who aren't very active these days, you don't have to reply in a topic to moderate. We frequently remove posts, put topics into appropriate forums, close old threads and post in "Area 51" without you guys ever knowing. There's a fair bit goes on in the background, so that's something you may want to think about.

However, I do tend to agree that there is currently no particular need for more active mods - I'd like to think that we run a fairly tight ship. But it's always ultimately Bonding's decision on moderators, other members of staff and who's not active enough. I personally don't see too much changing in the near future.
Marston
LukeakaDanish wrote:
WHY are you more important than the mods when it comes to making decisions regarding the mod team? That makes no sense to me.
Akin to saying that the general public's vote isn't more important than a party member's vote in a general election, but whatever.

I guess this can be closed.
LukeakaDanish
Marston wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:
WHY are you more important than the mods when it comes to making decisions regarding the mod team? That makes no sense to me.
Akin to saying that the general public's vote isn't more important than a party member's vote in a general election, but whatever.

I guess this can be closed.


This COULD be closed, but not before I've given you some response:

Moderators aren't voted for, and Bondings is not a president. Bondings is the king (in all ways Wink), and the moderators are people who work for him, not members of parliament.

I'm not saying that Bondings shouldn't take his customers opinion seriously (of course he should Smile), I'm just reasoning that his "trusted members" (moderators) are the people he will listen to when making this kind of decision - it is after all fairly difficult to listen to a community of 30k members at once. ^^

(no hard feelings - frihost is only fun when we are friends Wink)
Marston
LukeakaDanish wrote:
(no hard feelings - frihost is only fun when we are friends Wink)
Likewise. Razz
Josso
Moderation is very good on this forum, a lot of ones I regually visit have been ruined by poor moderation and I never visited again. I've seen it slacking a bit maybe over a 6 month period but I'm sure that's just the increase of users... well if you need any more moderators I'm sure you could ask regular users... you know... ones, beginning with J perhaps. Haha.

By the way LukeakaDanish I love your signature Laughing
LukeakaDanish
Josso wrote:
Moderation is very good on this forum, a lot of ones I regually visit have been ruined by poor moderation and I never visited again. I've seen it slacking a bit maybe over a 6 month period but I'm sure that's just the increase of users... well if you need any more moderators I'm sure you could ask regular users... you know... ones, beginning with J perhaps. Haha.

By the way LukeakaDanish I love your signature Laughing


Hehe thanks - I'll probably be forced to remove it within the next 10 minutes by the *excellent* mod team Wink - so enjoy it while you may Very Happy
illegalhost
Can i know how does the mods know which other mods are inactive and those who are active?? Do you guys have schedules or something? It may sound ridiculous, but i think this question would end the debate.
garionw
illegalhost wrote:
Can i know how does the mods know which other mods are inactive and those who are active?? Do you guys have schedules or something? It may sound ridiculous, but i think this question would end the debate.


No, because they post from all corners of the globe. The only real way you can tell is when they post.
Animal
[quote="LukeakaDanish"]Bondings is the king (in all ways Wink), and the moderators are people who work for him[/qoute]
Yeah, you're absolutely right. All Hail King Bondings! Laughing

LukeakaDanish wrote:
I'll probably be forced to remove it within the next 10 minutes by the *excellent* mod team Wink - so enjoy it while you may Very Happy

I have to say I'm loving the sig too - very droll.

However, now that the fighting has subsided and everyone's friends again, I'll -close- this topic. As you say, Bondings is in charge of the entire Frihost staff and you'll find out the usual way if we appoint any new mods.
Related topics
my subdomain is still inactive!
Moderators: Why did u closed my poll ?
about inactive
Help with PhpBB
[official] Feedback for the Frihost Staff
Frihost Thread Of Records
Over 10,000 inactive members!
Posting and You!
Standard delete inactive accounts
Why do moderators COntinuously close threads?
500+ Frih$ For Free!!!!! NO Kidding!
MODERATORS!!!
Function-specific moderators
December Goal - 5000 posts
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.