FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Song Addiction

[FuN]goku
Right this always happens to me... ill find a new song i really like and ill listen to it for hours at a time in winamp. idk why. anyone else do the same?
achene
Yes sometimes I do if i really likke the song. It's actually not a really great thing to do cause after listening to it for a long time you find it boring and so.
Yantaal
yeah at the moment im addicted to "do the hussle"

and old song, but a feel the upbeatness brinsga light into my life
the_mariska
Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. But if it happens, I'm able to keep on listening a song for a week Very Happy My last craze like this was about Metro by System of a Down, and I was particulary crazy everytime I got onto the tube Smile
althalus
I do it sometimes, but I hate it, really. When I later listen to the whole album I have to skip that one track, ebcause I've over-heard it.. So no, it's not a good idea.. :\

It's more fun if you put on an annoying song, or just a sound clip. Me and my brother listened to a .mod called "Woman having a baby" for a few hours... Messes with your mind.. xD
the_mariska
althalus wrote:
I do it sometimes, but I hate it, really. When I later listen to the whole album I have to skip that one track, ebcause I've over-heard it.. So no, it's not a good idea.. :\

It's more fun if you put on an annoying song, or just a sound clip. Me and my brother listened to a .mod called "Woman having a baby" for a few hours... Messes with your mind.. xD

A flash animation is okay? Try this --> Loituma - Leva's Polka It's a fragment of a Finnish folk song looped to infinity with a background image taken from some kind of manga cartoon Very Happy After a few hours of listening could make a horrible mess in your mind Smile A techno remix of this reached even the top charts in my country. Twisted Evil

[Ahh, I must admit that I learned the lyrics and I'm very proud Very Happy]
Helios
I say, if you have a "song addiction", tyrto listen to it as little as possible, just to enjoy it more in the future Smile

I recommend activating the "shuffle" function in winamp.
Magicman
Song addiction happens to the best of us. I get it sometimes but not to the extremes that you describe. I never listen to a song more than once in a row without a really good reason. This way I enjoy it the next time around and am not tired of it.
HoboPelican
Happens all the time to me. But it doesn't even have to be a song I like... Crying or Very sad

For example, the theme from "Gilligan's Island" can get stuck in my head for hours! Ahhhh!

Years ago, I read a short story by Arthur Clarke (I think) about a researcher looking for the "perfect" melody. Studied all of the catchy pop and folk tunes and was trying to synthesis the ultimate tune....they found him in his lab in a catatonic state. The music playing forever inside his head.
Laughing
CrimsonStrange
Yeah, I'm one of those people who can listen to a single song over & over for hours, days, weeks on end.
For me, it's just background noise - something to help me concentrate, stay focused, and keep me from being distracted by all the other stuff going on around me, like the television, people talking, etc.