FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

radiohead

sea2581
anyone like radio head
Josso
It's not really my thing but my friend really likes them.

I can apreciate their music though, I really like the nice balance between electronic and guitar based music.
photon
ive a couple of radiohead albums - kid a and amenesic.... i pretty much like them. not anything very special though. but still they have a reaaly good mixture of electronic stuff
altmana
i love kid a... it came out when i was a freshman in college, and it was THE album to really get me into music as art, where as before all the music i listened to was corporate drivel. this album just blew me away, i had never heard anything close to it. I remember listening to it every night as i went to bed (this album along with my headphones gave me some much needed personal space as i was living in an economy triple). and so as i lay there listening to it.. i was not sure what i was hearing, but i kept listening and listening and then finally it just clicked and i got it. you gotta remember that this was fall 2000, before the myriad of electronic indie releases and so yea... i like radiohead.
Shin
Ok Computer has been voted best album of all time in channel 4 survey, so it proves something..
tingkagol
yeah, i love that album. esp subterranean homesick alien
anxiety1
yeh i love them

ok computer and kid a are my favouirtes, but creeps my favoruite song.

im also well liking thom yorkes solo album! a bit more elcetronic but still excellent! Black Swan is a well good song
Scott
I love Radiohead a lot, Ok Computer is one of my favorite albums ever. They also somewhat got me into electronic music.
mattchun
I don't like radiohead, especially their terrible hair style. lol
Nutteloos
I'm a big fan of the earlier albums, but after OK Computer it kinda went downhill for me. Pablo Honey is still the best album, imo.
The Mitchell
kid a is the shizzle. if you like radiohead check out thom yorke's new album. absolutely awesome.
HARRINGT0N
"The Eraser", Thom's solo effort is really good and you can see some of the vocals shine through to "In Rainbows". His voice has really blossomed.
mikakiev
I like some songs of radio head.
Arseniy
Radiohead are good but sometimes they're too depressive. But I'm really fond of their music videos. Jigsaws falling and Knives Out are amazing!!!
And Thom Yorke is cute, for my mind ^^
ddukki
I used to think Radiohead was too mellow and slow. I started listening to them again after my friend suggested I listen to Karma Police and Paranoid Android. Great songs, and I really respect them now for their musicianship. They're still not my favorite band, but they've won my appreciation over the years. Creep, however, will still be my favorite song from them.
Nutteloos
I love their first two albums, Pablo Honey and The Bends. After that, it becomes a little too psychedelic for me, although it's good for a listen every once in a while.
jessicawalker
I've loved Radiohead since I was very young. I think I was around 11 or 12 (my father always listened to them). I especially love 'The Bends' and 'OK Computer'. They've had a big part in the soundtrack of my life.
ortie10
They have an original sound and that's what makes them stand out from allot of bands. I like there music.
mikakiev
Arseniy wrote:
Radiohead are good but sometimes they're too depressive. But I'm really fond of their music videos. Jigsaws falling and Knives Out are amazing!!!
And Thom Yorke is cute, for my mind ^^

The song was developed during the 18-month Kid A and Amnesiac sessions, and it is legendary for having taken 373 days to record.[2] According to Yorke, "We just lost our nerve. It was so straight-ahead. We thought, 'We've gotta put that in the bin, it's too straight.' We couldn't possibly do anything that straight until we'd gone and been completely arse about face with everything else, in order to feel good about doing something straight like that. It took 373 days to be arse-about-face enough to realise it was alright the way it was." Although "Knives Out" is not similar to Radiohead's earlier rock style as featured on The Bends (1995), it is usually noted as one of the most traditional guitar pop songs the band has done since 2000.
Nutteloos
ortie10 wrote:
They have an original sound and that's what makes them stand out from allot of bands. I like there music.

Maybe I'm just not that comfortable with their 'original sound' but I think it's a shame they moved away from the sound they had with their first two albums. The latest few ones are just too... I don't know, too complicated for me?
My7h
Man radiohead is the bomb bro! They have really good tracks, some are fairly "crap" but yeah i love them, it's really nice to play most of their songs on the guitar as well. What song do you prefer ?
Tuvitor
I'm not a huge Radiohead fan, but I like most of the stuff I've heard from them. They got a good sound, but I gotta be in the right mood for them.
Blummer
Bumping up this thread.

Listened all the albums recently (after big gap). There are really few bands that I can still listen to. Yorke's songs are simply universal.
Navigator
They are really good, and have kept an independent aura that makes them more appealing.