FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

chinese movie

sea2581
any one like chinese movie
imera
I love Chinese movies, and Japanese and other Asian movies... the only problem is that I don't know about any good ones that I can watch. Do anyone know about any good Asian movies??
Deviatorz
YUP! Some chinese movies are pretty good like for example Infernal Affairs (all versions). Most of them are crap which really contradicts what I said before. Anyways yes I do like some. Cool
kyeniz
Kungfu Hustle was funny..

But the funniest Asian movie I've ever seen was a japanese one called "Welcome back Mr Macdonald".. saw it about 6 or 7 years ago...

90% of the movie is in this radio station and kinda look low budget due to lack of location, but the comedy is awesome and insane!...
Guyferd
I saw recently Tiger And Dragon (is this the international name of the movie?). It looks great and i can recommend for anyone.

For "chinese" movies i like those who Jackie Chan appears. Spacially for GORGEOUS. In this movie i meet one of the most beaultiful actresses in the world (for me ^^), Shu Qi.

But oriental movies are great with no exception.
zamolxes
imera wrote:
I love Chinese movies, and Japanese and other Asian movies... the only problem is that I don't know about any good ones that I can watch. Do anyone know about any good Asian movies??

Watch the old Kurosawa movies, they're among the best asian movies ever made.
pudovkin
Don't know many.
I'll be happy with suggestions. Wink
desertwind
I like movies. Language or country doesn't matter.
mattchun
I like John Wu's movie, it's cool and always has a gunfight.

hah...
urologist
I like Japanese adult vedios, Forgive me for my sincere Smile
Octaeder
kyeniz wrote:
Kungfu Hustle was funny..

But the funniest Asian movie I've ever seen was a japanese one called "Welcome back Mr Macdonald".. saw it about 6 or 7 years ago...

90% of the movie is in this radio station and kinda look low budget due to lack of location, but the comedy is awesome and insane!...

Funniest Asian film I own is "The Happiness of the Katakuris" by Takeshi Miike. There are parts of that film so stupid that watching it can make you brutally retarded... But in a good way. Easiest way to describe it is a romantic zombie horror musical with a volcano.

Also Kikujiro by Takeshi Kitano is amazing. Some slapstick and silly humour bookend a really sweet tale about an emotionally awkward gangster and a child he is taking to see his mother.
Shewolf
I love movies like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "House of Flying Daggers", and "Hero", above all.
Vyriix
I like Rob-B-Hood, Hero, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
jayzee
i really like chinese movie .. and when i saw kung fu hustle i thought it had better effects then the matrix movie.
YAOYZ
I love Chinese movie, especially their vision effect and color combinations. However, chinese movies often have historic story as its background, making the understanding and sympathism a little difficult for foreigner, e.g. Crouching tiger, hidden dragon, heros...
Alienz
I love to watch Chinese movie too. Same goes to Japanese moive Wink
angelussum
They're alright, not too bad. I can't stand Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon tho. That young actress in it is overrated in my opinion.
pudovkin
Octaeder wrote:

Funniest Asian film I own is "The Happiness of the Katakuris" by Takeshi Miike.

Takeshi Miike rules!
... but he is not chinese...

I believe Kar Wai's films are chinese, like "2046" and "In the mood for love" (which both are sooo good).
budiman
I love Chinese Classic Kungfu Movie.

The new Chinese Kungfu Movie liked the Croughing Tiger Hidden Dragon was nicely made however the story line was lame and the fighting looked unreal. How come the frighter can fly.
qunbec
Curse of the Golden Flower is recommended. It is Chinese movie.
soulman
YAOYZ wrote:
I love Chinese movie, especially their vision effect and color combinations. However, chinese movies often have historic story as its background, making the understanding and sympathism a little difficult for foreigner, e.g. Crouching tiger, hidden dragon, heros...

well.... For chinese people, Heros are not so good because the historic story is too simple...
wlb
I come from China. I like the domestically produced movie. At local quite familiar China movies and the Chinese actor and so on the North America and Europe is probably a crouching tiger, hidden dragon, direct by Ang Lee and JACKIE CHAN ‘movie.
jayrelle
I love to watch chinese, japanese and korean movies..some of them are so close, crouching tiger, twins effect and many more.. Twisted Evil
Tex_Arcana
I've been watching a lot of Chinese and Japanese movies lately because my wife likes them. It's the usual suspects like Kung Fu Hustle, Crouching Tiger, Hero, House of flying Daggers and all, but she's been bringing home some others that are on the lower budget end as well that aren't all that good really. A lot of compilation DVDs that have several bad movies with a gem or two included (half a dozen bad movies is a small price to pay as long as they slip in a Bruce Lee movie like Fist of Fury too.

As for the Japanese movies, well I've been seeing a whole lot of Sonny Chiba's (Chiba Shinichi) face a lot though my favorites will always be the Kurosawa movies, and Toshiro Mifune will always be the ultimate samurai bad ass.
Zouthen
Love all asian movie!.
The Myth with Jackie Chan
Then all the Jet Li movies.
Have a big asian dvd collection at home,
about 100 movies rigth now.