FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

More free space!

DJ_Oyster
If it will be possible, up free space from 250mb to 500mb or 1gb! I know
some free hostings which have 5gb on www and files, 30gb monthly transfer, no ads and much more...
GameFreak
Don't speak gibberish. There is no such host in the world that's as good as Frihost. Which host offers 5 GB of disk space and 30 GB of bandwith as well as no ads ?? It's impossible.
garionw
Not only that, but I bet the don't give you:

php
mysql
unlimited subdomains
unlimited mysql databases
unlimited email accounts
unlimited add-on domains
Direct Admin
FTP Access
Arnie
Not really true. I used to be on a wonderful (small scaled) host called Netcessor, offering hosting without ads, with all the above (cPanel instead of DA!) and you could request enormous space/bandwidth extensions. Those guys really deserve some respect for that.

Unfortunately they didn't check well who they gave additional capacity to. Download sites and useless clan sites (with 3 members) using massive CMS scripts emerged and I suspect that got them bankrupt.

But as for me, I think 250MB is fine. Frihost also offers a good package. I'm a bit sceptic about the hosts mentioned by DJ_Oyster, because if they really exist why don't you join them?
billybob
I have a question for you, have u actually filled your 250mb diskspace on your hosting account?

I suspect not and if you have I would love to know what you have filled it with you must have quite a number of big websites or your just using it as a file host which im sure is against the TOS.
would love to hear back from you,
Ryan Rolling Eyes
Bondings
DJ_Oyster, people actually using over 200MB of space are pretty rare on Frihost. And in quite a few of those cases it's for things that aren't allowed/legal anyway. Most people don't need it.
Josso
Bondings wrote:
DJ_Oyster, people actually using over 200MB of space are pretty rare on Frihost. And in quite a few of those cases it's for things that aren't allowed/legal anyway. Most people don't need it.

Lol, check my usage Bondings.

Anyway... yes 250MB is quite a lot for a server to be honest. You get a lot of features with FriHost like SQL, PHP, also having Direct Admin is so useful it's usually under-rated quite a bit. Who knows maybe in a few years when everything space wise has gone up and peoples needs are a lot higher FriHost will double it's space to keep up? But for now it's good.
Marston
GameFreak wrote:
Don't speak gibberish. There is no such host in the world that's as good as Frihost. Which host offers 5 GB of disk space and 30 GB of bandwith as well as no ads ?? It's impossible.
... Nothing is "impossible", especially that hosting package.

It would just cost money (that would be a pretty sub-par payed-hosting package anyways).
LukeakaDanish
Marston wrote:
GameFreak wrote:
... Nothing is "impossible", especially that hosting package.

It would just cost money (that would be a pretty sub-par payed-hosting package anyways).

No, that would be a good payed package - frihost is better than my old payed host *spec wise* - although not speed and uptime wise (if my page doesnt load, i count the server as being down - and the *does* happen)

And yeah...the OP put "free host" in his description, so i thing GameFreak might have been sort-of reasonable in his comment (if such a host excists, please PM it to me Confused)
godam64
i know one of post to host that giving much much more sace and bandwidth than frihost but it's down several times in a month. i think frihost still more reliable and trusted than other hosting.

what i need more is bandwidth since my sites are original content rich without many images with thousands visitors a day. i hope bandwidth price will go down and we can get more bandwidth for free Smile
Hunterseaker
Trust me guys its better that frihost keeps just 250 mb for their users.
I've seen hosts who offered way more, tho: they dont excist any more or they have quit freehosting. It is just way to expensive to enlarge the packages.
some tips to save space:
Host downloads on download sites like filefront etc.

The only thing I could imagine to improve is the speed, tho I also now that you need a better server for that too, so thats way to expensive to.

So for a freehost is frihost just fine.
eoostfold
Do you really need that?
And if you know about all this great places, use them.. I know that I have searched around a bit, looking for a good free provider.. And FriHost is among the best, after what I've seen..

And, if you need that much space, whitout ads, mabye you just can pay for it?
scotty
I think being able to get more space on a request basis would be good. There should be a post requirement for this though to cover the costs. But I know the trouble of creating a new account to do this (I think I read that somewhere) so I guess it won't happen. That said 250 MB is very generous and I'm not complaining probably because the functional part of my website is only 200 kB or something tiny!
blendbet
500gb will be fine
garionw
blendbet wrote:
500gb will be fine

what????
mathiaus
Not at the moment, specially 500GB Speak to the hand
-close-