FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

You Thought We Wouldn't Notice

madsencarl
A site showing all forms of plaguerism from some really big companies, and also some small ones.

Update every couple days.

http://www.youthoughtwewouldntnotice.com

Not my site, btw.

Please, use original thoughts people.
Agent ME
That's just ridiculous - the companies he points out, not the site.
Aless
Hehe, that's really intriguing. And disturbing how shameless some of those companies are. But funny too Smile.
photon
yea, some are pretty though provoking, but funny never the less
darvit
Great site..

I actually saw another person copy the owner's past design, a vectorized girl with headphones... I also hate copycats, and things like these really tick me off. I hate it when people would imitate my designs..
Blaster
thats great. I don't know how a company could do something like that. Is it really that hard to write your own sutff? Some of this is really getting out of hand it seems like. I wonder why someone would really be stupid to do something like this and risk getting caught.
Scott
Wow, you'd think these compaies would be a little more responsible. Plagiarism is serious stuff.
Codeman1
Dude thats just sad plagorising those tihngs.
spider
I had thought about using some Tattoo designs on T-shirts, and get some on the web, but would go to sites that do their own designs,,, and ask their permission with their name in the bottom right corner of the picture,,,
To me, thats called respect,,,, when companies do this, they disrespect everyone that does ask permission,,,
izcool
I found this website some time ago, which I enjoyed looking through to see how some companies really play with the copyright laws.

Pirated Sites

- Mike.
haris3
The main page of the website has some quite interesting designs. I didn't get a change to go in to any links or read anything, but the images are great.
Very Happy
secret_soul
The images on that site are awesome. It's also amazes me to think that, even though they've been named and shamed, people still do this.
datter
Great link, thanks for sharing.

madsencarl wrote:
A site showing all forms of plaguerism from some really big companies, and also some small ones.

Update every couple days.

http://www.youthoughtwewouldntnotice.com

Not my site, btw.

Please, use original thoughts people.
sonam
He is lucky he found pirated company, but if someone in someother country do same thing, he will never know. Wink

Sonam
TruPain
nice site... but the sad realization of things is this stuff happens daily around the world. And because of so many reasons to be, changing just a slight difference, makes everything alright... and that truely is pathetic...
zjosie729
Wow! I hope no one will be copying my website contents. tsk, tsk, tsk
Jack_Hammer
These days there are no new ideas, and everything is stolen. It's kind of sad really?
Daniel15
Nice site, it's quite funny to see that companies will plagiarise other people's work...
Quote:
Wow, you'd think these compaies would be a little more responsible. Plagiarism is serious stuff.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well...

This reminds me of the day when someone stole the FriHost TOS, and called it their own. Believe me, I fixed them up Very Happy
haris3
Not, if you change a few things and make it look you own.
spider
Plagiarism, now thats an issue also, I was talking to my wife last night, and found that students in college are doing the same thing,,, they get copyright material, and use for their own, and on top of that, 3 students were just kicked out of my wifes school for Plagiarism... They wrote things from Steven King, and never gave credit,,, wrote it as if it was their own, but word for word... I had also heard that if you change something, such as a website, and change it by 10%, its leagally yours... course, I dont know how true it is,,, but still... might be wise to put no rightclicking, and make it possible to block anyone that tries to download your site from the file, save as in IE,, and other browsers...
Vrythramax
I a company, or companies choose not to copyright, and keep in mind it is up to the companies choise....they may be trying get free adverising out of)...then they open to blatent plagerism.

*BTW*...Nice to see you back madsencarl
proto-man
Site sort of slow, had to wait 2 minutes for the page to load.

Lol, some of those entries are hillarious. And the stuff that some people do to cover up their mistakes. Its just sick sometimes.
izcool
spider wrote:
Plagiarism, now thats an issue also, I was talking to my wife last night, and found that students in college are doing the same thing,,, they get copyright material, and use for their own, and on top of that, 3 students were just kicked out of my wifes school for Plagiarism... They wrote things from Steven King, and never gave credit,,, wrote it as if it was their own, but word for word... I had also heard that if you change something, such as a website, and change it by 10%, its leagally yours... course, I dont know how true it is,,, but still... might be wise to put no rightclicking, and make it possible to block anyone that tries to download your site from the file, save as in IE,, and other browsers...

That's why they came up with websites like TurnItIn.com to prevent plagarism to be used on papers. It searches the Internet, other papers submitted to their website, and in books I believe. My school uses it and every student has an account on there with all their classes added to their name. You hand in a printed copy of your paper and through the internet on the website, and it will give you a report on what percentage of your paper has been copied. I normally get below 5% on my papers, which mostly consists of quotes that I have pulled from books (and cited properly) to help support my argument. Those essay sites will not work for that as you'll be caught.

- Mike.
Rako
wow this is interesting i never really noticed this but then again i haven't seen any on those things but it is interesting they look exactly the same half of them.
JLGPhoto
I can't stand a fake or the un-original...
Vrythramax
JLGPhoto wrote:
I can't stand a fake or the un-original...

And who is the fake newbie? 3 posts and you calling people names Laughing

Not to mention you "3" post border on spam....who the fake??
haris3
plaigirism is sometimes okay, especially for education purpose and for learning.

Copying somebody else is work okay in art but you can't make it your own work.
Hunterseaker
I think it is realy good that there are sites like the one you posting, cause it happens a lot. Just ripping work from other persons and then claim all the succes. I've also seen a couple of ripping cases, the problem is it is hard to prove the work is your;s when you dont have the originals anymore.
Slick
its crazy the amount of times this is happening every minute!

good site and a god read!
Kaisonic
Damn ripper-offerers.....I hope that never happens to me (grabs work and runs)
Daniel15
haris3 wrote:
plaigirism is sometimes okay, especially for education purpose and for learning.

Well, it's not really "OK" unless you say where you sourced it from... If you claim it as your own, it's definately not OK Mad