FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

hispanoamerican literature

elincinerador
i've been recently reading books of latinoamerican origin... cortazar, garcia marquez, carpentier, soriano, bioy casares.. they are excellent. i think no-one can match these authors.. does anyone here reads these kinds of books?
jdaniel0903
Hi there...

I want to add one name to your hispanamericans authors.... Ernesto Sabato. "El tunel" is a book that anyone, for sure, would enjoy.

Chao
thomas
Yes I do. I'm a very enthusiast reader and live in Argentina. I love hispanamericans authors. I really recomend Jorge Luis Borges, he is one of my favorites.
Bucaragay
Sure, if you wanna start with an author and feel captive by his writing, definitely start with Julio Cortazar's short stories. He'll make you feel like a child, amazed by what the world has to offer. Reading his books is like being immerse on a game and feeling that you can change the outcome. Or the book can change your outcome of it.

If you wanna read his top work, read Hopscotchand you'll get what I said. it's considered of the best novels written in spanish. And I'll tell you something :It is a hopscotch. Right before the first chapter there's a "Table of Instructions" in which the reader is informed that the book contains many books but above all it contains two. The first book, we are told, consists of Chapters 1 through 56, read in sequence. The second book includes all 155 chapters (except for Chapter 55, whose contents, in any case, are distributed among a couple of other chapters). The "Table" further gives a "random" order for the reading of this second book. We begin with Chapter 73 then "hop" to Chapter 1, then to 2, then to 116, then to 3 and so on.

What do you think?