FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

dvd writer

amish.gir
I come from England, UK, and am looking for a dvd writer compatible with my ibook. My ibook is not too old but its relatively old now. But im looking for one that will work for my ibook: processor 600 mhz with a power pc g3 and has memory of 384 mb ram. Ideally i am looking for something under 60 and must be able to write atleast dvd -/+ r's at 16x speed. I would be most grateful for any suggestion or sites that can direct me to the right one. Thanks
James007
<007>
topictitle fixed
topic moved to hardware
</007>
myrevolt
Unless I'm misinformed about Apple compatibility there shouldn't be a problem plugging in any external dvd burner. I'm not from the UK so I don't know of any good retailers over there; if you are willing to buy online NewEgg has some good deals: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106036 You can find a better deal than that but its $63 to give you an example; you should go for Lite-on or Plextor or Sony if you see one in your price range. Now if you are looking for an internal burner, you are going to have trouble finding one that fits; you should contact someone familiar with Apple's products or go to an Apple Store (are there any near you?); though don't buy directly from apple, go to ebay or newegg or somewhere cheaper and by the same model dvd drive. Best of luck.

P.S. This SHOULD be a non-issue, but make sure that if the drive only has a USB connecter that your laptop has a USB port; macs used to support firewire which is why I bring it up...
myrevolt
EDIT:wrong thread