FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with sending emails (sender address verification)

Daniel15
Hi,
I've been having some problems sending emails via my FriHost account (on server 1). When a script tried to send an email, it sometimes won't be sent properly, and here's an example of the bounce message I get:
Quote:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on host.frihost.net.

The message identifier is: 1GZlii-0007Ws-7R
The subject of the message is: [Daniel15's Blog] Please moderate: "Google says that Belkin is D-Link"
The date of the message is: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:58:25 +0200

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

*****@tpg.com.au
Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<*****@tpg.com.au>:
host mx2.tpgi.com.au [203.12.160.123]: 450 4.7.1 <*****@tpg.com.au>... recipient denied, because 'host.frihost.net' lookup failed:
DNS server failure

Because my ISP does 'Sender Address Verification', it tries to connect to 'host.frihost.net' (as that's what the FriHost email server advertises itself as). Unfortunately, that domain name doesn't exist. This makes my ISP (and a lot of other mail servers) think that the FriHost mail server is fake, and it discards the email.

I believe that this can be solved by adding a 'host.frihost.net' DNS entry Very Happy

Oh yeah, to show you the extent of this problem, here's a screenshot from a fairly recent announcement: http://www.daniel15.com/stuff/other_screenshots/frihost-email-error.png
Bondings
It's a cPanel/whm problem I think. It seems to remove the hostname entry every now and then and then queries me if I want to add it. Is it still happening currently?
Daniel15
Yeah, it seems to be fixed now. Thanks Bondings! Very Happy