FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question about FTP

Dwyer17
Hey there,

It would be really great to use an FTP folder and drag-and-drop my entire site contents. Does frihost support that? I go to my ftp.dwyerbeats.frih.net and I am unable to use it. Any word of adive? Thanks!
Kelvin
Are you using any FTP program for uploading files to your website? You will have to create an FTP account in DirectAdmin first to be able to transfer anything. Your uploaded files have to be placed in the 'public_html' folder for public access.
brandonberg
are you talking about using windows explorer or an FTP program such as smartFTP? i havnt used WE for work with mine so im not sure.

i use smartFTP and it is really quite simple. It is supported by FriHost and good for drag n dropping..

if you decide to use it,

download here.

once thats done and installed you can open it and enter your details providing you have created an FTP account in Cpanel.

Address: ftp.dwyerbeats.frih.net
username: <your FTP username>
password: <your FTP password>
Dwyer17
I just use internet explorer, but will probably try the smartFTP. I put in the username and password when prompted, and it says "make sure you have permission".
Dwyer17
I still cannot access the FTP function of my website. I've tried internet explorer and EasyFTP. I type my username (dwyer17) and my password. It tries to get the contents and then asks me if I'm sure I have permission to access the folder. Any ideas? Thanks.
SpellcasterDX
Did you create an FTP account and give it root access to the public_html folder?

Also make sure firewalls are disabled or configured to open port 21.
Dwyer17
Thank you. Configuring my firewall to allow port 21 has fixed my problem. Thanks much!
SpellcasterDX
You're welcome. Smile