FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


More than 4 points/Frih$.





william
I remember that at one point, the maximum number of points/Frih$ you could earn per post was 2.5. I was happy to see it move up to 4. Though, I've noticed a lot of REALLY nice (and long) quality posts and I think those posters should receive more than 4 Frih$/Points. It's just a thought. I usually don't mind and I'd still be fine with the way it is. But, it would be a nice improvement. What do you think?
Animal
I think getting 4 days free hosting for one post is a bargain, personally.
Blaster
yea i agree. Thats a good amount i think. Its not like its even hard to get it. Its really a good amount.
nrg123
Hmmmm, i dont know how everything works around here but the idea seems fair enough
william
I agree it's fair; and 4 Points/Frih$ is great. However, I just think some posts here deserve a little more than 4 Points/Frih$.

Not important though; it was just something I thought about.
babumuchhala
Naa 4Points(max)/Post is very good. And also I thing we are getting enough (or maybe slightly more) points for the length of the post.

Yes it might be unfair for those ultra long hi-intensity posts, but hey those posts arent made with a primary intention of gaining maximum points but to put one's point/view in the disscussion.

So 4 Max Points/Post is very fine Very Happy

Also havent we disscussed this a million times to death Razz
scotty
Give them more Frih$ instead of points?
LostOverThere
I think its good how it is now.
My 2 cents.
reddishblue
scotty wrote:
Give them more Frih$ instead of points?

Hey thats a great idea lets do that, good job scotty Very Happy
garionw
reddishblue wrote:
scotty wrote:
Give them more Frih$ instead of points?

Hey thats a great idea lets do that, good job scotty Very Happy



IMHO, Theres no real need for FRIH$ now, we can only use them in the marketplace and even then, not a real lot of people go there.

I think that we should only use FRIH$, and change it so that we lose more points in 1 day (say 10 FRIH$ per day for hosting) and scrap the points completely. We could have a maximum of 200 FRIH$ and get our acounts flagged after 60 days of inactivity or what-ever.

That might also help clear up some of the help topics here too.
Animal
garionw wrote:
I think that we should only use FRIH$, and change it so that we lose more points in 1 day (say 10 FRIH$ per day for hosting) and scrap the points completely. We could have a maximum of 200 FRIH$ and get our acounts flagged after 60 days of inactivity or what-ever.


This won't happen. FRIH$ are transferable, points are not - the reason for this is to keep users active on the forums so that we get enough advertising revenue to pay for your "free" hosting. If people could buy or trade the thing that keeps their account active, they would stop coming to the forums because they wouldn't have to anymore. We'd make less money, couldn't afford all these high-spec servers, so you guys would lose your free hosting.
Hogwarts
Animal wrote:
garionw wrote:
I think that we should only use FRIH$, and change it so that we lose more points in 1 day (say 10 FRIH$ per day for hosting) and scrap the points completely. We could have a maximum of 200 FRIH$ and get our acounts flagged after 60 days of inactivity or what-ever.


This won't happen. FRIH$ are transferable, points are not - the reason for this is to keep users active on the forums so that we get enough advertising revenue to pay for your "free" hosting. If people could buy or trade the thing that keeps their account active, they would stop coming to the forums because they wouldn't have to anymore. We'd make less money, couldn't afford all these high-spec servers, so you guys would lose your free hosting.

lol. >.<

The system is fine as it is. I went away for 60 days and still have my hosting Razz

Works for me.
reddishblue
garionw wrote:


I do believe that you mean Points are transferable, FRIH$ are not Wink


The system is fine as it is. I went away for 60 days and still have my hosting Razz

Works for me.

Ah no frih$ are transferable points just show how ofter you are on Wink
Animal
Hogwarts wrote:
I do believe that you mean Points are transferable, FRIH$ are not Wink

I do believe that I don't. You can donate FRIH$ (transferrable), you can't donate points (not transferrable). Wink
Hogwarts
Animal wrote:
Hogwarts wrote:
I do believe that you mean Points are transferable, FRIH$ are not Wink

I do believe that I don't. You can donate FRIH$ (transferrable), you can't donate points (not transferrable). Wink


Oh shut up... Lol..

My bad Embarassed

*Hides in corner*
TeenZine
If anything I think you should get less per a character but a possibility of getting 5 per a post. So it works out evenly for the most part.
ninjakannon
This discussion has been had numerous times before, and never gets anywhere. Most people agree that 4 FRIH$ max per post is a fair amount, and I defiantly agree. Although I must admit that more than once I've spent over half an hour writing post which is over 1000 words long and got merely 4 FRIH$ for it, which can be annoying. But for regular posts, the 4 FRIH$ limit is great - so that covers most posts then.

Personally I think that it would be a great idea to give 5 FRIH$ to any post which is over 1000 words long. So long as this doesn't include text inside quote or code tags. But this isn't going to happen; and isn't really worth the time of creating as very few posts are that long anyway. Although it would be a great benefit to people such as The Conspiritor or Bikerman who regularly post very long posts. Wink

Oh, and about the points... KEEP THEM THE SAME! The point system has nothing wrong with it.

EDIT: Oooo 4 FRIH$ for this post 'ere. Very Happy

Another thing, if people complain about not getting enough FRIH$ or points for their posts, they should use correct grammar and spelling. Because if you use abbreviations such as "hi r u ok" then you'll get less FRIH$. You should also start with a capital letter and end with a question mark - I believe you get more FRIH$ for capital letters than you do for lower case one's, although I may be mistaken.
arkebuzer
william wrote:
I agree it's fair; and 4 Points/Frih$ is great. However, I just think some posts here deserve a little more than 4 Points/Frih$.

Not important though; it was just something I thought about.


I have to aggree. Sure 4 free days of posting is a great deal, no question about that! But still, if I take the time to write a really long and good post wich requires quite a lot of time it would be fair if I got the same revard for it as if I just spent the time making several shorter posts that does not take as much effort.
Not a big deal of course.

Regards
fedex220
I think that the 4$ max it Fine! On top of all of it they are giving us a Domain for free with all of the good paid for website characteristics. So overall, I think that whatever they give us is fine. Luckily i read this post because i was unaware of the post credits. I will be sure to keep up with my posts on the forum Smile. I think that is a good idea what they do.. But, What do they get out of people posting on their forums i wonder... Just publicity? Do thwy make money for every post we make... I'm not sure.. But thank you Frihost for all you give us!! Smile
Josso
It's true that some really nice quality posts that I've seen (especially in science & nature) around the forums should maybe get more.. but it should be hard to top 4FRIH$ instead of easier than the below points. I don't know... I think that it should stay the same at the same time, it's a pretty good system and messing with it might end up in ruining it.
mathiaus
Maybe we could have a thread where people nominate posts/topics whereby a mod could just quickly scan and give out some frih to those deserving. Some discussions I have seen have had a massive contribution from certain members. While the 'Fortnightly Fantastic Frihoster' award would satisfy some, showing our recognition of their effort, some frih would be a small expense to award the runners up maybe or simply other outstanding members.
ninjakannon
fedex220 wrote:
But, What do they get out of people posting on their forums i wonder... Just publicity? Do thwy make money for every post we make... I'm not sure..

There are ads on Frihost, if when you're posting you might see something in an ad that interests you and click it. Then Frihost gets money. This generates enough income to keep Frihost free. Very Happy

Quote:
Maybe we could have a thread where people nominate posts/topics whereby a mod could just quickly scan and give out some frih to those deserving. Some discussions I have seen have had a massive contribution from certain members. While the 'Fortnightly Fantastic Frihoster' award would satisfy some, showing our recognition of their effort, some frih would be a small expense to award the runners up maybe or simply other outstanding members.

Now that idea I like. Although not everyone would get recognition some people would, and in a way that's almost better, as extra FRIH$ won't be handed out too often. There are often great contributions in forums like Science and Nature and Philosophy and Religion and quite a lot of the time people would be getting 10 FRIIH$ if the system went that high.
But if this idea was introduced the extra FRIH$ would have to be only small, and the user would have to have made a few good contributions to the topic.
TeenZine
Maybe make a mod where for every reply of a topic i make that has more then like 3 points I get something donated to me.
mathiaus
TeenZine wrote:
Maybe make a mod where for every reply of a topic i make that has more then like 3 points I get something donated to me.

Serious/Sensible suggestions only please.

ninjakannon wrote:
But if this idea was introduced the extra FRIH$ would have to be only small, and the user would have to have made a few good contributions to the topic.

Naturally, like the FFF, if introduced it should take more than just one post into consideration. For example, a user who constantly contributes to a topic with good arguments and (indirectly, through their own posts) encourages others to contribute in such a way, would be likely to recieve something rather than someone who had just one large posts, mentioning stuff that had already been discussed etc.


EDIT: Phil recently held a contest thread, State your Political Philosophy! with which she offered 1000 FRIH$ to the best (in her opinion) reply. This is by far the best topic in the entire forum and something which everyone can have an opinion on. Maybe something similar could be started or this continued?
ninjakannon
mathiaus wrote:
Naturally, like the FFF, if introduced it should take more than just one post into consideration. For example, a user who constantly contributes to a topic with good arguments and (indirectly, through their own posts) encourages others to contribute in such a way, would be likely to recieve something rather than someone who had just one large posts, mentioning stuff that had already been discussed etc.

Yes, I agree. I believe that the introduction of this would [at least] encourage a small minority of people to post more coherent, detailed, thought provoking (and so on) posts. I think I might be one of those in that small minority, I do love my FRIH$. Wink

mathiaus wrote:
Phil recently held a contest thread, State your Political Philosophy! with which she offered 1000 FRIH$ to the best (in her opinion) reply. This is by far the best topic in the entire forum and something which everyone can have an opinion on. Maybe something similar could be started or this continued?

I knew of Phil's topic but had never looked at it properly. I just had a (no, "glance" is not the right word) rather long read of merely some of the topic. It is more hugely gigantic than I would ever have expected and now I kind of wish I had got involved when Phil first created it. The length of posts there is astounding; I found what I thought was the longest one - by Bikerman - and did a word count on it (with the quotes removed)... It's over 3000 words. And that's just one of them.
I think that a few more topics like this would go down very well. Although I can't think of a good subject right now, I would love to take part in another similar debate - whether I'm in for a chance of getting extra FRIH$ for my contributions or not.

You've got two very good ideas there, mathiaus. I just hope someone thinks of something like Phil's contest (or debate) again. Or is there perhaps some way to prompt a topic like this?
James007
More such topics are planned for the future. They're in the "todo"-box.
As for the "more than 4 points /post", the answer is "no" because Bondings doesn't want to give more than 4 points/post (and I personally think he is right about that).

-close-
Related topics
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.