FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do I change file permissions??

Satori
I am trying to upload and install CRE Loaded osCommerce for my website. In order to do so, the directions tell me I need to change my file permissions. The way the directions say I can do so is not available via DirectAdmin. So how do I do it??
Bondings
Satori wrote:
I am trying to upload and install CRE Loaded osCommerce for my website. In order to do so, the directions tell me I need to change my file permissions. The way the directions say I can do so is not available via DirectAdmin. So how do I do it??

Yes it is available in the file manager. Otherwise you can do it with most ftp programs.
mathiaus
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-48865.html
This tutorial isn't for your application but involves changing file permissions.
Step 18-20 Smile
At step 19 change 666 to whatever the number required for your usage is (check readme or similar file).
Satori
Bondings wrote:
Satori wrote:

Yes it is available in the file manager. Otherwise you can do it with most ftp programs.

Ok, now I see how to set the permissions. Now I can't find the files I need to change permissions for. osCommerce says this:
Quote:
change the file permissions on the two following configuration files:
/includes/configure.php
/admin/includes/configure.php

Where are these files??
Bondings
Those are relative to where you installed the software.

In your case most likely public_html and then those directories.