FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Search Engines See When They Spider Your Web Page...

littlegiant
If you want to get a handle on what search engines really see when they spider your web page check out this tool.

Search Engine Spider Simulator

I'm posting this link in an effort to clear up some of the myths about what is truly important to search engines when they come to visit your web pages.
SoftStag
You should also use Lynx Browser. This views your website without high level formatting, media, javascript etc. This is how a spider will see your site and is a good tool for SEO. If your site is readable and keywords have prominence in this browser, then you know you are getting it right for spiders.
dacode
+1

Lynx is a must-have !
loosu
I have heard search engine , gurus , speaking of using lynx .
Actually , the search engine crawler , is exactly lynx , just transformed into a more mordern beast .

We have to check the usuabiltity , the links , with lynx , as it emulates exactly a lifeless bot , as exactly as a search engine spider .

SO , next time , u care for ur site , try lynxing it .
andgu
The Seo Analyzer is also quite helpful for checking out how "seo-friendly" a site is.
littlegiant
Interesting tool, but IMHO I think a number of the things on the SEO analyzer checklist have nothing to do with how well one can rank in search engines. For example, "web standards-based web design"? "Obsolete and deprecated HTML"? "Improper use of table elements"? I've never seen anyone prove conclusively that any of those issues can affect one's placement in search engine results pages.
redice
It is best information for me. I have a site and want to make upper rank, I'll try this tools. Thanks a lot.
SoftStag
littlegiant wrote:
Interesting tool, but IMHO I think a number of the things on the SEO analyzer checklist have nothing to do with how well one can rank in search engines. For example, "web standards-based web design"? "Obsolete and deprecated HTML"? "Improper use of table elements"? I've never seen anyone prove conclusively that any of those issues can affect one's placement in search engine results pages.

I have to agree with you there. Search engine's spiders don't seem to worry about things like that.
swizzy
there was some tool called poodle http://www.gritechnologies.com/tools/spider.go?q=evolt.org
asnani04
This is a very interesting topic as it is. Spidering, or crawling, is a very common and efficient technique. I'd like to learn more about it. Smile
lovescience
Starting to know SEO from these tools.

Thanks!