FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I tried Lycos/tripod

thegolfmarkets
I tried Lycos/tripod and found that it was horrible the only other time I tried to sign up for a so-called free website. There were all kinds of popups and it blew away all of my images and replaced them with their ad. I am not so sure why that happened. They were simply images of golf clubs that I am trying to sell. Anyway, I hope this works out better. Thanks, Have a great day.
scryoko
Oh god, tell me about it. You wouldn't believe how many other free webhosting services that I've tried. Yeah, sure, they were free but they either had so many annoying pop-up ads or banners that I think would just totally ruin your site, or that they didn't offer enough webspace and bandwidth that I had wanted. The ones that I've tried and just did not like were... let's see... there was GeoCities, Angelfire, Tripod/Lycos, Bravenet, Doteasy, 50megs, CJB.net, Freewebs, and even AstaHost which is better than all that I've named above but what I didn't like about this one was their point system for their forums. Also... there were a few others that I've also tried but totally forgot their names.

So yeah... I've tried a lot. And of them all, I think FriHost is the best -- in all aspects (storage space, bandwith offer, forums and point system.. yeah). I wish I could've found FriHost earlier before trying all the other ones... But anyway, I do hope you will come to like FriHost as much as I do. ^__^

Regards,
-- scryoko
the-geek
i avoided this problem by setting up a small colorful(catching to eyes) graphic in the index page where surfer would click and they would be taken to the actual page. the trick was the link. i made the main contents in the bottom of the page and bookmarked/anchor it with the graphic. so when a user click on that spalsh page they were taken to the bottom of the page where all the contents are located. that way the header ADs are avoided Laughing
anyway spalsgh page is annoying and FRIH is all profit Razz
scryoko
Ohh, wow. That, the-geek, is genius. I've never thought of that... but I think this is a wonderful idea. Of course, with FriHost now, I wouldn't need to do that... but hm, it gives you ideas and increases your intelligence. *grin* Thanks for sharing the tip. ^__^

Regards,
-- scryoko