FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


How would you pronounce FRIH$?





Neumaennl
How would you pronounce FRIH$? Like fries or like frees or like free dollars? any other suggestions?
I'm just curious
Rico
Definitely free dollars, no question. But each to their own off course.
seanooi
i'm kinda curious too. everytime i see it i would just pronounced it as frihs. sounds kind weird though Laughing
billybob
good question, i always pronounce FRIH as fry just suppose its a matter of choice....

will be intresting to see how everyone else pronounces it.
ocalhoun
Usualy I think of it as 'frihos-dollars', often abriviated to just 'frihos'.
Like when I read "Sigs custom made for 10 Frih$."
I think "Sigs custom made for 10 frihos."

This has no logical basis, that's just what goes on inside my head.
meet in rio
In my head, I always say it fri', like I'm about to say 'frills' but haven't finished.

And then, of course, dollars.

Or occasionally frish, but there's no logic to that whatsoever.
frenchy
I just call them Fri Dollars Very Happy
Srs2388
I have always pronounced it "fries"
i pronounce frihost "fry host"
Josso
I just call them FriHost dollars for conveniance.
fpsaddict
I call them FRI Dollars, because that's the way we pronounce -IH around here.
william
I personally prefer to call Frih$ Fry Dollars. However, it is pronounced Free Dollars. Funny name though, free dollars. Laughing
snowboardude
i pronounce it "frees"
Nameless
It depends. If I'm saying 'frihost', then I pronounce it 'free host'. If I'm saying 'frih' then I pronounce as the start of fritters, or similiar.
HoboPelican
Well, Frihost is pronounced "freehost", so to me frih$ is simply "free bucks". Sounds like a dream come true, huh?
Blaster
I call it Frih, Like Fry. I don't really call it frih dollars or anything. But Thats just me. And hobo if i'm not mistaken we never really decided on a correct pronouncing of frihost.
HoboPelican
Blaster wrote:
I call it Frih, Like Fry. I don't really call it frih dollars or anything. But Thats just me. And hobo if i'm not mistaken we never really decided on a correct pronouncing of frihost.


Well, I just go with Bondings original pronunciation.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-343541.html#343541


But, like he says, it doesn't really matter! Wink
Blaster
yea but frihost as in fryhost is more original. It just sounds better. But yea thats how i pronouce frih$ is just by saying frih or fry
HoboPelican
Blaster wrote:
yea but frihost as in fryhost is more original. It just sounds better. But yea thats how i pronouce frih$ is just by saying frih or fry


Well, "original" isn't usually a good standard for pronunciation. Wink
Freehost/ Fryhost? I think "better" is in the ear of the beholder. We should add a poll and get an "official" pronunciation. Laughing
Blaster
hmm lets see what we get... hobo start the poll
Soulfire
I pronounce it similar to the word "free" and then dollars.

Free Dollars

Frih Dollars
SpellcasterDX
I pronounce it "fry" I guess because to me that's how it would be pronounced.
Daniel15
I pronounce it like "FriHost Dollars" Smile

Quote:
Or occasionally frish, but there's no logic to that whatsoever.

The funny thing is, I always think that, but don't pronounce it as such Razz
duckling
It depends on the mood that I'm in Very Happy

sometimes Frihost Dollars, sometimes Frih$ as it written and very rarely frihώ (pronunciated as frihsh) Very Happy
hack_man_
I pronounce it Fri-Bucks or frihs
Manofgames
i say iy as Fri dollars, as in im gonna fry me a turkey.
Helios
I pronounce it Fri-dollars Rolling Eyes
If it's FriHost, the the currency should be Fri-dollars (also because of the $ sign).
Oh, and Fri = Free Wink
coolclay
This topic is interesting because it brings attention to a topic I have thought about before. Written words like ones on the internet. Do they really need to have a pronunciation, I mean if the only time these terms are used is during writing then theoretically you don't really ever have to pronounce them you just have to recognize them. I think this trend is happening a lot lately, and may even one day be the means of the end of vocal communication a long time down the road in the future. If you think about how much youngsters, use IM crap, and cell phone messaging and things, it really doesn't seem to far away.
Mosquito.Tyler
I've always pronounced it as Free Dollars...because it communicated the idea that they are, in essence, free.
Mosquito.Tyler
coolclay wrote:
If you think about how much youngsters, use IM crap, and cell phone messaging and things, it really doesn't seem to far away.


You have a point...but I hear people verbally pronounce 'lol' and other IM abbreviations in normal conversations...It's strange to listen to, but I've heard it more and more often. The downfall of verbal communication is'nt quite here, but the degredation of the english language has begun.
spider
That is interesting, but if you think about it, if you use frihost, you would pronounce the fri with a long I because it is closed in by constenants... but different languages do things differently,,, course,, should mustache sound like mistake? lol.. hmmmm,,, I have a mustake on my upper lip... should bird sound like beard? hmm,,, look at that beard flying in the sky... I better stop, im confusing myself...lol
Codeman1
Ok say it like this Fra-i-ha I belive thats how you say it.
Manofgames
What language does Free = Fri ???

Not being sarcastic, just interested why Bondings chose that name...
Nameless
Manofgames wrote:
What language does Free = Fri ???

Not being sarcastic, just interested why Bondings chose that name...


It stands for Free Reliable Internet (Host) AFAIK.
Arnie
Like in Dutch you'd pronounce "frih-ES", basically fr+i+es with "i" as in "nitwit" and "es" as in "eskimo"...
dwcnps
I just say F.R.I.H Dollars, I mean that's what most people would, don't they?
caroline
Hm. I call it free money, just because the thought of "free money" makes me happy Very Happy
zjosie729
I always pronounce it as fries.
Dougnut King
I say fri like fryed food, host, and bucks so its frihost bucks Very Happy
Jack_Hammer
billybob wrote:
good question, i always pronounce FRIH as fry just suppose its a matter of choice....

will be intresting to see how everyone else pronounces it.


Fry for me too...
Wink
erlendhg
I think I say "frees".
Haven't thought so hard about it Razz
Inferno619
I am also pretty curious. But I'm guessing that you pronounce it as free dollars, only the free is spelt as frih. Which are basically homophones.
kerouac
I would say Fry-Dollars, but having read the thread again, I am now hearing "free-dollars" in my head, so maybe I would say "free-dollars" in future.
desertwind
I spell it Fri-Dollars.
[FuN]goku
i pronounce it as fry-h dollars
dz9c
i started off saying FRY HOST but now i been saying FREE HOST
jongoldsz
I pronounce it as Frihs. But free dollars also makes sense.
nilsmo
This goes back to the question of whether Frihost is pronounced Free-host or fry - host?
KOS-MOS-88
i pronounce it like "free dollars" it just sounds right to say
Icedmetal57
I would probably pronounce it as Free Dollar sign. I thought it was kinda weird how it was spelled that way. Fri$ or whatever it is. I'll just call it Frihost.
defnet
I just call em FriedBucks (FrieBucks)
But I also like her thinking..
caroline wrote:
Hm. I call it free money, just because the thought of "free money" makes me happy Very Happy
dragamex
I'm definitely gonna have to go with Fry-Dollars

Definitely
Donutey
@Neumaennl

Set up a poll and see which pronunciation is the most common. Not necessarily to prove which way is right, but just to see what variation is the most common. If enough people vote, then the results would be interesting (to me at least Rolling Eyes ).
Solo Turco
Fri like "free" but stopped, and than "h" like in "hello" the first letter Very Happy

must we pronounce $ too?

frih sounds ok for me Laughing
a.Bird
Definitely free dollars
frihs
'frihos-dollars', often abriviated to just 'frihos'
frish
fries
FriHost dollars
Fry Dollars
frees
Fri-Bucks
Fra-i-ha
frih-ES
F.R.I.H Dollars
free money
frihost bucks
FriedBucks

Bondings: "I don't really care how you pronounce it."

Wink
Animal
Personally, I go for Free - Bucks. I've never understood why "Frihost" could be pronounced "Fry-Host" though... Think
defnet
So now that we know the different ways to pronounce it how about being philanthrophic and donate me a few
frihs AKA frihos-dollars AKA frihos AKA frish AKA fries AKA FriHost dollars AKA Fry Dollars AKA frees AKA Fri-Bucks AKA Fra-i-ha AKA frih-ES AKA F.R.I.H Dollars AKA free money AKA frihost bucks AKA FriedBucks(Very Happy Yup)!!!
Davidgr1200
I'd pronounce it "Free dollar". Probably the $ sign is used for the plural, dollars, in the USA but being British I see it as a singular noun. If it said Frih$$ then I'd say free dollars.
funnyerror
Manofgames wrote:
What language does Free = Fri ???

I'm guessing it's the same language nintendo used to decide that Wee = Wii

Anyhow, I think FRIH$ is pronounced "Frihkashurrencyliwillawallabingbang"
monzoncf
I pronounce it as FRIH - free with H sound in the end... Im comfortable with it so I'll use it.... Theres no punishment in saying that incorrectly anyways... hehehe.... but for "funnyerror" it makes me laugh as I cannot pronounce your pronunciation to firh$ -
Quote:
"Frihkashurrencyliwillawallabingbang"
Laughing It's kinda difficult to pronounce... nyahahaha....
Vrythramax
funnyerror wrote:
Manofgames wrote:
What language does Free = Fri ???

I'm guessing it's the same language nintendo used to decide that Wee = Wii

Anyhow, I think FRIH$ is pronounced "Frihkashurrencyliwillawallabingbang"


Not funny....lets see how your hosting request goes funny guy.
defnet
If you pronounce it like frihs it sound more like the Dutch "Fresh" which is "Fris". If your pronouce it like Frees it sound like the Dutch "Freezing" which is "Vries". Now see how important Dutch is!!!
Rako
I would probably say free host dollars or something like that but i doesn't really matter what you call them as long as you have lots
Vrythramax
"Freehost"....already been talked about at lenght. Try the search Funtion.

-closed-
Related topics
One More Question (About Points and FRIH$)
Ill make signatures for FRIH$
20 Frih$
FAQ : Qu'est ce que les 'FRIH$'?
What are Points and FRIH$ for?
want to buy a site banner will pay alot of frih$
Request: Site Graphics... Will pay big FriH$
FriH Points Disappearing
need baner sign avatar for all 100 FRIH$
70 Frih$ Apple Type website Desgin
I am buying a website desgin like Apple.com (75Frih$)
More FRIH$, more space...
Changements to the Points/frih$ system (Discuss)
600 Frih# for grab, anyone can do this!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.