FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WIP site

Rebzie
Hey i was wanting feedback on the site im working on. I shall be getting my own domain to load it onto once it's done i haven't set up the guestbook to work or finsihed video and 3D part of my gallery yet.

http://www.piratesofthedarkrose.frih.net/Portfolio/index.html

edit:
I have changed the navbar it still needs alot of work though and add preloaders. I need work out how to have the preloader just wait for the first part of gallery though.
cell-guru
The website looks very good, if you want to promote this website, yuo have to use more content in, more link exchange.
The background is good, but the menu looks like you have used some template.
If you are using flash you could use a better font.
You should also include a form rather tha the guestbook,
For any help visit http://cell-guru.tripod.com
Rebzie
Yeah the links are just arial. I still need to so quite a bit of work on it yet before i start avertising it especially in gallery what do u mean by more content in, more link exchange? thanks for the feedback.
Jaan
It doesn't blend in with background, and bg pics don't fit very well... as for the other sites you made, just looks like you used the same template, but different bg pics Wink . Nah your aight Razz
Keep adding content, get your own domain name (and get the **** off hotmail), and you should be alright. For promoting, you should watermark each one of your good designs, or get on youtube or googlevideo (gootube) and get those videos up there, that adds heaps of traffic. Also, if you discovered a breakthrough or something else, submit it to a good blog (Gizmodo, Engadget), and they'll link you back.
Hope your site grows [better].
Cheers myte
b4r4t
You will get problems with positioning this site... google don't like flash because it cant read the content (no links, headlinks, paragraphs = lover value of the site for robots)...

Site looks ok ... but ... in my opinion dark collors wont help You get clients Smile

Ah ... add loadres for each subpage if You want to use flash builded site Smile
Rebzie
Jaan wrote:
It doesn't blend in with background, and bg pics don't fit very well... as for the other sites you made, just looks like you used the same template, but different bg pics Wink . Nah your aight Razz
Keep adding content, get your own domain name (and get the **** off hotmail), and you should be alright. For promoting, you should watermark each one of your good designs, or get on youtube or googlevideo (gootube) and get those videos up there, that adds heaps of traffic. Also, if you discovered a breakthrough or something else, submit it to a good blog (Gizmodo, Engadget), and they'll link you back.
Hope your site grows [better].
Cheers myte

Thanks for the advice i think i'll watermark the larger pics. When i get my own domain i might see if i can get a email account for that.
Rebzie
b4r4t wrote:
You will get problems with positioning this site... google don't like flash because it cant read the content (no links, headlinks, paragraphs = lover value of the site for robots)...

Site looks ok ... but ... in my opinion dark collors wont help You get clients Smile

Ah ... add loadres for each subpage if You want to use flash builded site Smile

Yes i will eventually add loaded i was also thinking of having a non flash light version of it. I also intend to write mor about myself once i think wot to write Razz. ( does anyone know a good program to keep track of how many page visits? not a page counter on the actual site though one i can just check.
plato
cell-guru wrote:
The website looks very good, if you want to promote this website, yuo have to use more content in, more link exchange.

I'm truly disagree!!!
Very simple design! No attractive menu, non attractive color selection.
And you use flash in your portfolio part, then it is not good; maybe some one disabled or uninstalled the flash player. A good design is identical in all browsers and all conditions at all.
rayx
The site layout is good but it also make the site loading slower.
Rebzie
site has been updated please have a look.
plato
plato wrote:
cell-guru wrote:

I'm truly disagree!!!
Very simple design! No attractive menu, non attractive color selection.
And you use flash in your portfolio part, then it is not good; maybe some one disabled or uninstalled the flash player. A good design is identical in all browsers and all conditions at all.

The problems remain!!!!
Those wre some problems offcourse!