FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My last day of school ever!

scotty
As the title implies, today was the last day of school ever for me! Well the last classes, we have ceremonial stuff tomorrow and then exams in a week but other than that I'm finished. Just thought I might just share that with you people while asking what did you do on your last day of school? We didn't do anything really special or crazy, it was a bit of a let down actually.
eLto
I remember my last day. It was june 19th 2002, and I was 16. We brought candy and such, watched a movie, had some fun, and that was basically it. Afterwards, the usual groups in my class sat down outside school and talked to each other for hours. The general themes were "so what are you going to do now?" and "Don't forget to come back once in a while".

The next day, we had this ceremonial thing, where our exams results were given to us, and we held a great show for all the parents. I remember me and a friend had created a lightsabre battle to show off, and man was it succesfull Very Happy

yeah.... great times Smile
scotty
That seems like a better idea. We finish school and celebrate before we have passed our exams!
Rico
Sorry it was a bit of a let down, one expects to get this tremendous feeling of freedom or something but it doesn’t really materialize. I suppose it depends on if you liked, hated or were indifferent about school. It has its pro’s and cons.

What are your plans for after school?
scotty
Provided I do well in all my exams I'm hoping to do a double degree in Civil Engineering and Commerce.
raymonbunt
I must go to school about an 5 á 4 years from now on. because i'm 13 and in the dutch there;s a law that everyones must go to school minimum to 18 years old. so i;ve got some years to go
Vrythramax
My last day of school may never come....I WANT MORE!
jongoldsz
scotty wrote:
As the title implies, today was the last day of school ever for me! Well the last classes, we have ceremonial stuff tomorrow and then exams in a week but other than that I'm finished. Just thought I might just share that with you people while asking what did you do on your last day of school? We didn't do anything really special or crazy, it was a bit of a let down actually.

Congratulations. What job are you seeking now that you are done with school?
fpsaddict
I remember my last day at school, we all went to a bar and got as drunk as a skunk ^_^
scotty
fpsaddict wrote:
I remember my last day at school, we all went to a bar and got as drunk as a skunk ^_^

Sounds like fun, but I still have exams to go! Such a silly arrangement.

Vrythramax wrote:
My last day of school may never come....I WANT MORE!

I don't get how you can want to be at school forever! I like school, never had any problem with it, okay maybe in year 8 and 9 I didn't want to go but that was because it was boring. I still went by the way.
b4r4t
In Poland we have diffrent education system...

When I was Young then it was:
1. Primary school (szkola podstawowa in PL)
2. Secondary school - It makes You ready for University (Liceum/Technikum in PL)
3. Examination for the secondary-school certificate/secondary-school certificate (matura in PL)
4. University/engineering college (Studia/Politechnika in PL) ...
5. Then You can make titles like dr , prof.

First 3 steps are after me (8years of 1st, 5years of 2nd and the 3rd step)
4th is on a road... I'm on a 3rd Year on engineering college ... only one more and I'll become an engineer ... then 2 Years more for mgr. title (I don't know what title is it in GB/USA ... in PL - magister)..

After that ... I'll end i think because dr or prof. are not for me Smile

Then ... I'll end my education in 3years ... I'll be 25yo :]

Maybe someone want to share how Is it in his country with this whole education thing ? :]
Vrythramax
@scotty

I have a hunger for knowlege, and only those who know it can teach me.....I have been to some of the best schools....and I still hunger.

A charactor fault perhaps?
Billwaa
congration, I still have a long way to go. After 2 years of high school, collage 4 year, then go on and on...
Yazz
I claim FAULT, Vrythramax, FAUUUULT.

So very faulted. Learning is for the ignorant.

And yeah, I don't think you can consider this your last day of school, cause you'll be continuing to gain higher education and degrees.... And that's what you go to schools for. Sure their name changes to College or University, but it's the same thing, really. Now you just get a specific aim instead of having to sit through eclectic classes where the teachers say, "LEARN EVERYTHING KNOWN TO MAN OR YOU ARE A FAILURE AS A HUMAN BEING". Cause who needs chemistry to become an computer engineer? EXACTLY. Everyone.

To sum up this post, VRYTHRAMAX IS FAULTED.

yay!
sketteksalfa
my last day in school was spending time with my classmates playing online computers togther. we really prepared for it, saving allowance for the last day. so we can spend the wholeday playing network games.
scotty
@ Yazz

I wouldn't claim a fault. It's not as though he has spent his whole life in school, he has a job.

I have 5 years of University ahead of me so yes I still have a fair bit to go. However, education from now on will be very different to what I'm used to!
madsencarl
i hope you egged heaps of people
scotty
16 kids got suspended for water bombing people. I swear people have gone soft.
PatTheGreat42
Man, when my last day of school hit, the only thought on my mind was "Dagnabbit. Now I got to go out there and like... work."
Soulfire
Lucky you, we just started school a month ago... Only 33 weeks left!
scotty
This year felt like 2 months so enjoy it, it will end quickly!
seanooi
i remember the last day of school during my time. our whole class skipped the whole day of school just to piss the teachers off, hahaha.... Laughing
Codeman1
HMMM my last day of school we had a food fight it was so fun and someone threw mash potatoes and hit the principle in the face.
Dragonfly-online
fpsaddict wrote:

Dag....
allanxiao
scotty wrote:

You mean the final year scotty? I felt like two years!

But it really depends on what score you wanna get.
spider
I was stupid, I quit school,,, one thing I should know,, is it sucked... all my friends were in school, and I had no one to spend time with... My cousin who also quit school, told me,,, you'll be bored to death,,, he was right,,, well now he went back to school, got his GED, and became a lawyer.... imagine that,, a kid that his hair was his life, playing rock music on a guitar,,, and he cut his hair and became a lawyer... Well,, Im going back for my GED now,,, and plan to build and work on motorcycles... my website is more of a hobby,,, but if it takes me to the point where I make money, maybe ill stick with it, but I love to work on bikes,,, Want to build one from scratch some day,,, build my own frame, and all... still needs to have a harley engine though...lol

CONGRATS ON SCHOOL...
now,,, always make plans to do something with your life,,, as a career...
what do you plan to do, any ideas?
Srs2388
congrats Very Happy
not to steal your glory my last day of school forever isn't too far away... just a few months now Very Happy
scotty
allanxiao wrote:
scotty wrote:

You mean the final year scotty? I felt like two years!

But it really depends on what score you wanna get.

It really does feel like about 2 months ago I was getting told "you have 138 days of school left". I want 98.00 ENTER which I don't think influenced how long it felt like I was at school? I don't know, all I know is that I should finish my lunch and get back to studying!
ClanClawdor
all i can say is good luck for the future Very Happy
ClanClawdor
Very Happy hey dude how did muck up day go? was it fun? Question
scotty
ClanClawdor wrote:
Very Happy hey dude how did muck up day go? was it fun? Question

Complete let down. School decided to suspend people who threw water bombs. Have you ever heard of such silly rules??
Dougnut King
I just did a random thing and scoched my butt on the floor like a dog Laughing
scotty
That's weird, sounds funny though.

Oh and thanks for your equally strange comment on my blog.

http://www.scott.frih.net/blog/?p=1#comments
zhnlove
Now I am still a student ,I am graduate student and I have graduate once,I like school life ,haha ,and i will be a teacher after two years! Very Happy
zjosie729
I haven't been through that yet, but the last day(s) of school (when summer comes) we usually have a party, and it's usually a half day, so my friends and I get together.

Today is my friend Freddy's last day at my school. He's a really fun person, and without him, our classes are going to be quiet. Sad
bulek
I'm still visiting high school and I will probably continue with education when I will complete high school. Education is very important nowadays.
angelboy1104
i also coming for the last day of school,it is 18/11
Kyraxe
Congrats!

It's weird, when i was in school I couldn't wait to get out and start working. Now I am at work and keep wishing I could go back to school Smile
scotty
I'm not so keen to leave. It's good to change and get out and do something that means something but the time I had at school was pretty damn good.