FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Publish Problem

dwcnps
I use FrontPage to publish my web and it asks us to type a username and password, the problem is FrontPage is not accepting my username and password that I type in.

Things I have done:
- Checked it worked with DirectAdmin (It did)
- Change my password (It was changed successfully)
- Check my username (It was correct)
- Used my forum password (No success)
- Published when the server wasn't down (No success)

Nothing changed.

Can someone help me?

Thankyou...

see bottom of this post
mOrpheuS
dwcnps wrote:
I use FrontPage to publish my web and it asks us to type a username and password, the problem is FrontPage is not accepting my username and password that I type in.

If you're publishing with frontpage using extensions, make sure you've enabled frontpage extensions on your account.

However, if you're publishing using plain ftp, it should work regardless.
In this case, make sure you're able to connect to your account using a ftp client (like Filezilla).
dwcnps
mOrpheuS wrote:
dwcnps wrote:

If you're publishing with frontpage using extensions, make sure you've enabled frontpage extensions on your account.

However, if you're publishing using plain ftp, it should work regardless.
In this case, make sure you're able to connect to your account using a ftp client (like Filezilla).

FrontPage Extesions is on, I checked that (and I forgot to write it down).
Kelvin
Did you create an FTP account in DirectAdmin? You need to have one to publish anything. The 1st account you create will become the default (cannot be deleted).
dwcnps
Kelvin wrote:
Did you create an FTP account in DirectAdmin? You need to have one to publish anything. The 1st account you create will become the default (cannot be deleted).

I've already got a default but I don't use it for what you're trying to tell me, I'll try it Wink .

_____

I just found out don't have any access to the website at all (except for viewing it).