FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Eco-friendly?

beckysoup61
Anyone know of some good eco-friendly health products?
meet in rio
Assuming from your name that you're female, a menstrual cup will reduce waste from tampons/pads to nil and is also very easy to use/hygienic. I ordered one in June or thereabouts.

http://mooncup.co.uk (Don't let the creepy lady in the picture put you off.)
http://community.livejournal.com/menstrual_cups/profile (A useful LJ community.)

Most of my worries about using one were completely unfounded and I can't recommend them enough.

1. It's not messy. I did have a few accidents with removal in the beginning, but it doesn't take long to get used to.
2. It's certainly not unhygienic. You don't have a grimy piece of string hanging between your legs or a nasty wad of rayon rotting inside you. I haven't even touched a tampon since I bought the cup.
3. It generally doesn't leak unless you have particularly full bowels. I occasionally use pantyliners as a backup, but I used the mooncup for the duration of a very active cycling holiday (baptism of fire!) and had no problems with it.
4. It did rupture my hymen significantly, so if you're 'intact' and squeamish then this is the only real hurdle. It's well worth persevering.
5. You can't feel it at all once it's in and there's no odour, such as you sometimes find with pads and even tampons.
6. It doesn't hurt if you take it out when you're dry, unlike tampons. It's great for heavy and light days.
7. I don't need to carry extra tampons around with me.
8. You can be an eco-warrior. Or something.

Anyway, I've had a very positive experience with it.

(And no, I don't work for Mooncup Ltd. I promise!)
woundedhealer
beckysoup61 wrote:
Anyone know of some good eco-friendly health products?

What sort of health products do you mean?