FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

OBLIVON fans?

beckysoup61
Any OBLIVON fans out there?
DarkJad
I was an Oblivion fan.

Then the game got boring.

With only four guilds to join, silly loading times, and an absurd level-scaling process, Oblivion just isn't the "epic" RPG it's made out to be. Great rental - shame I bought it.
eLto
I also WAS an oblivion fan. At first, it was fun to explore the world and shut down Oblivion gates and level and such. then it got boring. Then I realised the insane amount of money you can gather in the alchemy fashion. Then my savegame was corrupt. I hate these blasted games. They get you sucked in and addicted, only to throw you off when you're at your peak.

Now I'm back to playing Final Fantasy on the PS2 instead. the FFXII demo still keeps me going.
fpsaddict
I agree with all the posts above, Oblivion is a great game when you start but it gets crappy at the end.
There are never-ending mods, though.
eLto
TESSOURCE has a great mod database, but even with them, it still gets fairly boring, even with the nude females Razz
fpsaddict
eLto wrote:
TESSOURCE has a great mod database, but even with them, it still gets fairly boring, even with the nude females Razz

I remember how the makers of TES got really mad at that mod and tried to sue the maker, lol.
Dr4goN
I also liked Oblivion, but it got sucked after you completed it.
Saryon
Wow, I didn't expect all these negative replies to be honest.
Which one would be better, Morrowind or Oblivion?
I've played Morrowind myself, and it was just awesome, you just could keep playing.
Too bad my computer can't run Oblivion, or I would have gotten it for sure.
The graphics look awesome, though I can't say anything about the gameplay itself.
It seems that it isn't that great at all.

A shame.
Freecel
DarkJad wrote:
I was an Oblivion fan.

With only four guilds to join, silly loading times, and an absurd level-scaling process, Oblivion just isn't the "epic" RPG it's made out to be. Great rental - shame I bought it.

yea you have right
screamingdecay
I like the game, when I first got it I stayed up all day for at least a week to play it (this was during the summer) But then Ibeat the main story line and two side quests (still working on allot) I play it maybe once or twice a month now to keep it fun to play.

I wish us Xbox Players had that nude female mod Laughing would be loads of fun with that.
Codeman1
I was also a oblivion fan but then I beat it and got bored so i quit and then moved on to bigger better games.
xxbalialxx
For the longest time, I also absolutely loved Oblivion, I mean, compared to Morriwind, its SO much better. The world is huge, the weapons are amazing, and the gameplay is seemingly endless. But like our persisten lives, this persistent world that was created gets boring - eventually. Thats not to say that it wont keep you entertained for months on end lol...

I just got bored of what seemed like the same tasks over and over again...

Go through gate, kill things, get person/object that was trapped, and find your way out...Got boring for me.

It is a game I have gone back to though - after all, you lose interest for a while, and then go back to it...

Graphics are very good for the huge world it provides (No, their not quite as good as FEAR Razz), and the mass amount of weapons, items, and spells makes it a very complex and immersing game.

I like it still. Afterall, all games get boring at some point in time.
Yantaal
Freecel wrote:
DarkJad wrote:
I was an Oblivion fan.

yea you have right

good reply....
Dronzar21
I agree with others. I installed the game and when started playing I really liked it. But laterrrr it got boring. Never completed it and started another game. Laughing
springbok
I find that if i play 1 game for an extended period i get bored with it. For this reason I have found that having 3 games installed and playing each for a day then changing keeps the game interesting enough to keep playing.

At the moment i am playing Oblivion, Cossacks 2 and Patrician 3. When I finish 1 of these I'll get Call of Duty 2 installed.
TonkPilz
I'm a huge fan of oblivion still even if i don't play it as much anymore but im abit surprised that ppl still call it a RPG i radder go for a adventure game whit a few RPG similarity's i simply didn't bother whit the lvl system sens its a bit dumb but luckily it isn't a big part of the game.

But their are plug ins that will fix the leveling system so that YOU lvl to wards the monsters in stead of having them lvl whit you and just that makes it in to a totally different game.

There are 100 or my be 1000 of plug ins for oblivion that are well made and thot trough some makes a few differences and others are totally new games which can give you 1000 of game play hours.

and one ting going for oblivion and its leveling system are the leveling for the "Profession skills" like armorer and alchemy insted of placing points on every skill you will get better at them as u use them.

but thats only my two coppers
Dr4goN
If you beat Oblivion, then it gets boring. Good thing I didn't bought it. It can be quite good with Make it Pretty modpack provided by GameSpot. It's a shame that Knights of the Nine comes out as a paid bonus pack. It should be released as free digital download both for consoles and PCs.
mtoni
it looks wonderful, and for a short period of time, it is great to play it, but eventually the game becomes boring...

There's someting missing for me (the so called X-factor)
jeremyyak
I've played Morrwind, never Oblivion, I didn't grab my attention, but Morrowind was still quite a good game.

My friend plays it 24/7, I share a room with him and it gets annoying Laughing
~Jeremy~
sgwreviews
Well, I really like Oblivion. It has a deep storyline and good graphics. But most people don't like deep storylines because they need to keep their head with it. Most people just want to run in an slash slash some monsters.
According to some negative posts above, it looks like only few people can enjoy the storyline and reading books to study the lore of the game.
This type of games are just the best for me.
I try to build up a site about the elder scrolls: www.theelderscrollselite.com
Duncan Idaho
Let me say one thing about TES games. You don't beat them. There is no set ending. YOU the PLAYER decide when you win. No one will agree with you. And now let me say one thing about that post up there about Mw vs Ob. They are both good games but its anyones opinion which is better. Honestly, Mw does lack things that would make it better for combat and graphicly, but Ob lacks the "immersity" that Mw does because mw had its own creatures, instead of using more mythical creatures like Unicorns and Minotaurs, but it is possible to get immersed in either game. That depends if you WANT and really WANT to get into it. I myself am and was disapointed in ob but that doesn't make it bad though. And for you people that keep saying that there will be a mw2... THERE WILL NOT. Maybe there will be modifications but
THERE WILL BE NO OFFICIAL MORROWIND2.
arkebuzer
I, quite supriced of all the negative replies in this thread...

I was a big fan of morrowind a few years ago, and played it A LOT!
Very recently I started playing oblivion and Id say its really great! A lot of really entertaining mini games such as lockpicking, arena fights and so on.
Only drawback that I have seen so far is the sick system requirements. sure, I dont have a top of the line computer, but its not THAT bad. Still I can only run it on low graphics settings.
It still looks quite nice, but the framerate sometimes gets way too low to be really playable and enjoyable.
Aiz
I, too, didn't expect this many negative replies.

I have played both Morrowind and Oblivion as well. And I agree that they both have their own pros and cons. But, I, for one, think that Oblivion is better than Morrowind overall. Aside from the better graphics, there were new things like riding horses and the manual lock picking, and it was easier to move around in Oblivion IMO.

But of course there were things I missed from Morrowind; ex: the levitation spell, selling stolen goods to normal merchants, etc.

I've noticed that the high system requirements are a big turn off for most people, but it really isn't all that bad since more and more games will be needing those specs in the near future, might as well get it over and done with.
Wolfie
I just want to try the game, wish me some goodluck!
bigdoglj52
i have both morrowind and Oblivion. i like Oblivion ALOT more. they are both quality games, don't get me wrong, but i just couldn't get into Morrowind. The thing that I really badly hated about Morrowind was that you had to walk EVERYWERE. i hated having to take about 20 minutes to walk from one place to another. in oblivion you can just teleport or ride a horse which is a lot funner. both great games. i suggest Oblivion for anyone with a xbox 360 ( like me ) but if you dont have a 360, your PC will probally not be able to run it at all or lag like crazy. Very Happy
TonkPilz
bigdoglj52 wrote:
i suggest Oblivion for anyone with a xbox 360 ( like me ) but if you dont have a 360, your PC will probally not be able to run it at all or lag like crazy. Very Happy

you don't need a super computer a good comp will do just fine as long as you take care of it witch most ppl don't do. i am running a AMD64 2.0 ghz 1gig ram and a x800xt apg i can run the game att full setting no AA in 1024 x 768 whit no to little lag.

but i hate bloom and HDR so i turn those off.

but il admit its hard work to keep a good clean system

and there are allot of help full mods "plug-ins" to help you out whit oblivions masterly excessive REQ some will make thegame look better but raise your FPS

P.S sgwreviews love your site
arkebuzer
True, it does not require a super gaming computer.
But your system is still a lot better than the avarage Id think.
Im running it on a AMD athlon 2600+, 512Mb CAS2 and a geeforce 6200 and my FPS is quite horrible in open spaces, but playable in town and in dungeons at lowest settings.
Maybe I soon have to admit to myself my computer is getting old... but I can at least try to blame oblivion Twisted Evil
poland21489
Before I got my most recent computer I had a TERRIBLE time trying to run oblivion. However, if you search around on the elderscrolls.com forums people have all sorts of modifications you can do to make it run faster. ELiminating some textures, along with changing how trees and other items are rendered actually tripled my FPS without any major decline in graphic quality.
emanuel2
Last time I played the Oblivion total conversion Nehrim. Which is a really great mod. I took about 50 hours to play it through! All dialogs are vocalized and most of the quests are really cleverly thought out.
So I really can recommend it for every one out there having oblivion.
You can find it here http://www.nehrim.de/indexEV.html.
rayxzero
I also like this game from the start and got boring later on. Mostly the traveling style mode for this game is optional you can teleport on any city you want using the map and that is not realistic. Also i don't like the idea of hunting and destroying the oblivion gate. I hope the upcoming new Elders Scroll (Skyrim) is way better.
ayour
What is OBLIVON ?

which kind of games ?