FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fatster flash loading.

risuarez
Hello guys,

Iam Raul. I would like to ask you if anyone of you could give me an advice to make the loading of a flash application in a web site faster. I would like to create a learning environment but as I live in Nicaragua where our internet connections are not very good, I would like it to load faster. Ive seen many websites with very elaborated flashs to load very fast, but I also seen many with the same quality to load very slow. What might be the cause of the difference in speed.

cheers, Raul.
mohamed
its quite about how they go about making the flash. Good animators (I'm not one of them) use scripts and manipulations of shapes (vectors) to make intricate animations. But some use rasters that orginal size is as big as a movie poster and "minimize" it with all the pixels in between. THey also use a lot of resources by doing simple animations that can be done in flash using difficult raster images and external frame-based animations.

So there's no way to make it load faster as you have to download the flash files. the quality of the flash can be changed to help the processor but not the modem. Its really about the animator.
Oblivious
an easy way to make the flash animations to load faster is to simply just get a faster internet connection.
risuarez
Lol, Youre right about the minimization thing. As a matter of fact, I have done my self with images that are really big. I will start changing my animation habits. Firstly I did it like that to save me some work to do, but if it means less quality at download, I think it is not worth it. Thanks a lot for your kind comments.

Raul.