FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

resolution problems whit phpbb

TonkPilz
Some of my members are having problems whit my forum bing to big for their browsers at a resolution of 1024x768 and under any idea on a fix for the
resolution of 1024 any ting less would look strange in my mind.

using
Phpbb 2.0.19
server 2
browsers used mainly mozilla
Bockman
I honestly didn't understand what you are asking here (if you are asking anything at all), but phpBB is set for a minimum 800x600 definition by default. IF the user has a definition above that, it "stretches" the forum (width="100%") to the used definition.

Now, assuming you're talking about your "Mörknäz" forum, I just checked it and it's showing up nicely on 1024x768, but too large on 800x600.
I'd say you messed up on that template, because it should be set for a minimum 800x600 width (you can always use % instead of pixels (even on your logo) to have that straightened out.

btw, your "homepage" isn't redirecting to the forum, your parked domain isn't working either (no portal.php file there)

Be Well Cool
mathiaus
No link or anything important? I suspect you have a different skin with either set widths or min-widths set? Can't really come up with a solution without diagnosing the problem which we can't really see. If you do have a different skin, try changing it back to subsilver and see if it makes a difference.

Ok if the link bockman posted is the case ....
The logo is too big, either remove it or change your links next to it to be under or just somewhere else.
TonkPilz
Bockman wrote:

btw, your "homepage" isn't redirecting to the forum, your parked domain isn't working either (no portal.php file there)

Be Well Cool

ahh thats coz im moving, adding and deleting tings to get rid of some clutter from my earlier pages

mathiaus wrote:
The logo is too big, either remove it or change your links next to it to be under or just somewhere else.

yeah i just realised that myself it was a long long night last night to upload all that crap and finishing the.... skin

THX for the help im of to bed...