FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NoD32

bukaida
Today I have installed NoD32 antivirus Pack. It is fast, reliable and accurate.You can download it from http://www.eset.com/download/index.php

The antivirus used by Bill Gates.
Commando_Sondre
When Vista comes Bill wont use NOD32. Norman is in fact not so good, I've used it before, but Kaspersky is way better! Faster, better, more powerfull and has a lot of features. So for me Kaspersky is the best antivirusprogram.
badai
bukaida wrote:

seriously?
orno
badai wrote:
seriously?

Microsoft did use it once upon a time....
http://www.nesher.com.au/products/software/nod32/news/2004/20040826.htm

and possibly even now:
http://www.eset.com/company/customers.php?category=Utilities#cat_id
umeshtangnu
bill gates used it ????
ya with all those flaws in windows i think billy would have not one but at least 10 av programs running on his system .
budazz
NOD32 is quite good... but i experience some viruses that cant be removed using nod32...
turbosquid
I Have used NOD32 for quite a while and find it to be very good, what i really like is its small footprint and its speed, compared to Norton which i had before which is just a great big pile of BLOATWARE! Smile It always amazes me the amount of people at work who think that Norton is the only virus software out there and that it's the best!
Don't think it runs under vista though unless they have updated things since i last tried.

NOD32 for me Smile

TurboSquid
cheeta
its been a year and half... i am with Kaspersky... and i never had any issue with Virus... its superb... I am very happy with the performance... and i dont see my self switching to any other solution in near future....
Silikoncho
I switched from Norton to NOD 1 year ago and that was one of the best things I've ever done for my 5 yr old system Smile
bulek
I own NOD32 for 3 years and I didn't get neither 1 virus/spyware/malicious code. I won't exchange it for another antiviurs for sure Smile
Teddy1
NOD32 has been great, I switched from zonelabs to NOD32 and haven't had one problem, i think the small footprint is great and i don't see myself switching to another solution. Smile NOD32 for me Very Happy it's great.
Qube
I've tried a few AV's out there.
But currently I'm sticking w/ NOD32.
I had that Panda AV, which I thought was pretty good.
But then I lost my subscription so I had to switch.
I can't stand ZoneAlarm or Norton.
They're just...ugh...
uniunderground
why do you use an av? there's sys restore
Animal
uniunderground wrote:

Because that's a really really really really really really really really really really (get the idea?) dumb idea. Simply using system restore wouldn't work getting rid of a lot of viruses, and your computer would already have been infected, potentially destroying files, sending spam emails from your computer or becoming part of a botnet attack.
driftingfe3s
I liked NOD32. It was fast and used less resources that what I'm forced to use now (Symantec Antiviru Corp).
Star Wars Fanatic
I love Nod32, I have had it for while now and I can't imagine using anything else. Ever.
cheeta
Quote:

because most viruses hide them self 1st at System Restore folder... and they attack this system 1st... lol.. even while Microsoft Recommends u to turn of the system restore while running a Virus Check... lol...

EDIT: forgot to ad this...

by check this... for AVS head to head... even NOD32 it self advertises it on their Web Site...

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/2006/06

Animal wrote:
Please use the magic edit button next time - don't double-post.
nf777
nod32 is the best cosump low resources and its very effective , i tried bitdefender and is horrible.
heridlia
I have used NOD32 for 1 year. And I'm very satisfied with this Antivirus than other AV.

But Using full version can get the maximum power from NOD32 (Especially for protect against unknown trojan & malicious code from Interne).

Thanks.
lukeropro
Nod32 rules! I've been using it for 1 week now and it detected quite a few spyware that was trying to download into my computer from websites. It also has a nice user interface
Kostya
lukeropro wrote:
Nod32 rules! I've been using it for 1 week now and it detected quite a few spyware that was trying to download into my computer from websites. It also has a nice user interface

/agree 99% Very Happy
zplitstonez
Hello Good day Everyone,

Cheeta your link for nod32 ads were not accessible,
please try to correct it.

Thank you.
GOD bless FRIHOST COMMUNITY
Shin
I have tried different antivirus software. Honestly they are getting bigger and bigger. As a result my pc run slower and slower. I am getting tire of it. The thing is none of them are 100% good. I mean they don't catch every virus exist in this planet.

Bill Gates is just another guy with his choice. It doesn't mean it is the best.
saurabh.sauron
well as far as i know, NOD 32 has one of the highest detection rates. about 95%. I have used it and it is the lightest antivirus i have ever used.
JayBee
Shin wrote:
Bill Gates is just another guy with his choice. It doesn't mean it is the best.

I thing, Bill also use windows and its the reason why I don't.

I also don't use any antivirus anymore. It only slow down my PC. I have fast PC to work fast, not for detecting viruses.
Alias
Does NOD32 really that great?

I use AVG Free and its fast and reliable to me.

I check the website of NOD32 and it seems to be that it's not a freeware.
Edas
it is the one I use too for 8months. I'm really happy with it!
By the way, you can see some comparatives here: http://www.av-comparatives.org/
mksoft
nod - good av. 1 yar running
TheGeek
I switched to NOD32 from AVG-Free 2 years ago and I haven't looked back since. I keep it on my jump drive to install on friends computers who's norton or McAfee trial has run out. Since isntalling NOD32 I have yet to so much as even GET a virus much less detect one on my system. Then again, I also use Firefox and Thunderbird instead of IE and Outlook, so that might be part of the reason for my good fortune.

(I also sometimes run hijackthis just to see what all is going on and see if anything I don't recognize shows up, rootkitrevealer does a good job of spotting rootkits as well, but those are not as common as trojans or normal viruses.)
mohdsameer_857
I am also using nod32 it is a good antivirus , which stops virus and also malware for attacking our computer.
icedrakon
The latest version of Nod32 is the only one that can detect the hiden virus like rootkits so the upgrade is very very very important.....
corey
uniunderground wrote:
That's a really selfish attitude. The whole idea about writing a virus is to spread it. If your computer carries one or two, its also helping to spread it. That's why you should use an AV program.

And, this is product that Bill Gates uses? Funny, when I was talking to him yesterday (not), he said something different.

Do you have a link to an article that shows what Bill prefers? I want to read it.
cvkien
i'm using nod32 as well an it is fast, efficient. and need less resources than any other antivirus. anyway, i think the best antivirus in the world is human itself. sometime, i don't rely on antivirus. and i don't believe bill gates use other company's antivirus.
heridlia
I have been using NOD32 Antivirus since 3 years ago.

And I'm still satisfied with this AV.

I want to upgrade to ver 2.7.

What is the difference that compare with ver 2.5? Any experince?

Thanks a lot.
ownaging
yeah nod32 is a very fast antivirus, but i prefer bitdefender it`s better for me
orcaz
NOD32 and Kaspersky are considered the better antiviruses out there. IMO, NOD32 is gd in terms of heuristics and memory usage, while KAV is gd at fast responses to viruses and large virus database. Using KAV on my desktop and NOD32 on my notebook.
Indyan
NOD32's heuristic is good. But, its overall detection rate is average. It has never been in top 5 AV softwares.
The best options at the moment are Kaspersky and Avira Antivir. Both of them have a freeware version.
cosmicx
NOD32 is a good anti virus software, it can scan faster and better...
it is my second choice after kaspersky Very Happy
isyan
before i was using Norton antivirus... but when an instructor of mine recommended NOD32.. and he said that it was used by Microsoft... I thought i would like to try it.. so after installing NOD32.. i came to conclusion that it was way better than Norton or AVG... Smile

thats my conclusion though... fast scanning and loading...

jah blez!
silverdown
badai wrote:
bukaida wrote:

seriously?

Yea, Seriously?!
kiranaghor
So far it seems great pice of software. It does not slow down the system.
pashmina
nod32 antivirus is the best antivirus ever built. it detected viruses which norton or avg couldn't detect.
its the best..
highly recommended
Indyan
NOd32 wasnt the best performer in almost all recently performed virus tests - Av-comparatives, Av-test.org, Virus.gr, Malware-test etc.
orcaz
Indyan wrote:
NOd32 wasnt the best performer in almost all recently performed virus tests - Av-comparatives, Av-test.org, Virus.gr, Malware-test etc.

It depends on which tests u r looking at. for e.g., NOD32 is the only AV tt was awarded Advanced+ in AV comparative's latest proactive test. But for on-demand tests, NOD32 may nt perform as well.
welshsteve
Commando_Sondre wrote:
...but Kaspersky is way better! Faster, better, more powerfull and has a lot of features. So for me Kaspersky is the best antivirusprogram.

Totally agree. Kaspersky is the best that money can buy at the moment. It's very easy to configure as well. I have the entire Kaspersky Internet Security Suite, and since I've had it installed, my machione has been running much better.
nhuabo
Kaspersky is good ,I use it now.
I don't where it comes.
kiranaghor
Both NOD 32 and KAV are good. NOD32 takes much less ram and works very fast. If memory worries u then use nod 32. Kaspersky Internet security although is a complete security suite. Apart from antivirus it comes bundled with anti spyware, firewall and anti spam.
knullbar
You can't say either is the best. Both of them are the best though from a rat(trojan) programmers eyes. Myself is using NOD32, I'm really satisfied with it.
bukaida
I am still using it in my laptop and pc since my first post(starting this thread).Still no issue.Didnot have to fomat the c drive even for once inspite of using XP-SP2 and a broadband connection.Lot of things changed since then but my opinion about NOD-32 is still the same.
Q5U8
bukaida wrote:
Today I have installed NoD32 antivirus Pack. It is fast, reliable and accurate.

Good joke, about reliabity, accuracy and that Bill Gates uses this antivirus.

Indyan wrote:

This is true. NOD32 is 7th place in amount of viruses found. If you need speed go with NOD32, if you want accuracy and reliabity, just start testing with real antivirus and malware detectors.

I bet for AVK, Trustport, Avira, Symantec and Kaspersky, maybe also with AVG anti-malware. But choose NOD32 is have risky business. Very Happy
bukaida
Quote:
NOD32 is 7th place in amount of viruses found. If you need speed go with NOD32, if you want accuracy and reliabity, just start testing with real antivirus and malware detectors.

I bet for AVK, Trustport, Avira, Symantec and Kaspersky, maybe also with AVG anti-malware. But choose NOD32 is have risky business.

Where from you get those informations? Is it your personal view? Care to provide any reliable link/source of your informations?
Arno v. Lumig
People that are saying "I've used this and haven't got a virus" are dumb. The idea of a virus is that you don't notice it, so if your virus scanner is warning you that's a good sign! If I would be running a virus scanner in Windows and wouldn't have gotten any virus alert for a long time I would try to figure out what was wrong...
bukaida
Quote:
People that are saying "I've used this and haven't got a virus" are dumb.

Completely agree with you.No antivirus is future proof.The new updates are given based on the attack of the new virus already in some computer.The solution of any problem comes only after that problem arises.The antivirus only protects against the already known viruses. Smile
isyan
Quote:

there's a popular phrase that says... " prevention is way most better than cure"

why use system restore when you can prevent virus, trojans or any other kind of malware from entering your system with the use of an effective antivirus?

jah blez!
Q5U8
bukaida wrote:
Quote:
NOD32 is 7th place in amount of viruses found. If you need speed go with NOD32, if you want accuracy and reliabity, just start testing with real antivirus and malware detectors.

I bet for AVK, Trustport, Avira, Symantec and Kaspersky, maybe also with AVG anti-malware. But choose NOD32 is have risky business.

Where from you get those informations? Is it your personal view? Care to provide any reliable link/source of your informations?

If you read the complete thread, you'll find the pages where I take the information. And more: I test often searching with NOD32, and after scanning with the antivirus software that I mention, and I there are more viruses, malware and trojans that NOD32 simply didn't found.

But, if you want to stay with a great speedier than a great performer, choose NOD32. By the way, you don't bring any page you take about NOD32 is the best scanner, and the people that really wants get ride of virus and trojans don't need it, because is easy to make yourself the test with the antiviruses and figure out what is the best virus and trojan erradicator. Cool
orcaz
isyan wrote:

there's a popular phrase that says... " prevention is way most better than cure"

why use system restore when you can prevent virus, trojans or any other kind of malware from entering your system with the use of an effective antivirus?

jah blez!

some viruses can infect the system restore folder too... imo, i rather do a system reformat than system restore, coz i tink sys restore is rather useless.
vikash
NOD32 is good but not the best, haven't tried the 2.7 release though. But i found Kaspersky better than NOD32. But because NOD32 is light to use, i use NOD32.
[FuN]goku
Nod32 is one of the best AV's ive ever used.. The money is totally worth it, though it can be a pain sometimes, when you know something 'Isnt' a virus and its picking it up as one. But that shows that its strict Razz
isyan
Arrow orcaz

i'm not saying that i'm in favor of doing a system restore... because for me it's a kind of hussle.. Smile
what i'm saying is i'd rather install an antivirus than doing a system restore everytime a virus turns up at my desktop... Smile

jah blez!
bulek
Another vote for NOD32 here. I've been using it for almost two years now and it haven't disappointed me yet. It's definitely the fastest and the lightest anti-virus program, providing excellent proactive and heuristics engine. It's doesn't have the largest virus database but if you have something in your had, it's almost impossible to get infected. There isn't any 100% fool-proof protection.
FunDa
NOD 32 and Kaspersky are the 2 antiviruses my friends use and tell me that they are the best.

Norton seems to be almost absolutely useless.

Even AVG free edition works a hundred times better than Norton Full version.
Symantec (the separate one) is also the same.

The best way would be to manually check all removable media to make sure your computer does not get infected that way
makifersoy
I'm absulutely glad to using NOD32 antivirus program. Other antivirus programs block the machine or makes slow it. but wit NOD32 I don't understand if it works in my computer or not.
vaoger
Commando_Sondre wrote:
When Vista comes Bill wont use NOD32. Norman is in fact not so good, I've used it before, but Kaspersky is way better! Faster, better, more powerfull and has a lot of features. So for me Kaspersky is the best antivirusprogram.

give me five pal!!
kaspersky is the BEST!
Nod32 have a bit problem on the autoran virus.. it sensetivity is too low.. hard to remover or disinffect some viral file too...
nod32 are very buggy... it often tell people to run update..( no internet connection found pop up.. hate it)
for me either norton or kaspersky or both( no recomented) still the best!
FunDa
There are lots of autorun viruses going around these days .

(Viruses which put an autorun on the pen drive/ USB drive or card reader or digital camera or just about anything that you put in the USB port) Confused

Many of these are not detected by NOD 32 or Kaspersky even when they are fully updated.

So, what is best is to never double click the icon of the removable drive.

Always right click and open. When u right click, if u can also see any extra options like Auto or Autoplay or Open (&O) or even 2 Opens, then u know there is a virus or an autorun.inf file in it.

Right click and Search (make sure u change advanced options to search hidden and system files)

Search for *.exe and autorun.inf and *.vbs

Identify the virus files (most have the icon of a folder but have the type application) and delete them.
asim
Hi Buddies,

I guess Nod is a good antivirus, but Kaspersky is far more better.