FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Educational Websites for Children

sherryrowe
Hey, parents! I'm looking for educational websites for young elementary school kids. I want fun games that sneak the educational aspect into it....I guess "edutainment" sites. We've tried 2 sites. We subscribed to Clever Island about a year and a half ago and subscribed to Study Dog last week. She loved Clever Island for a loooong time, but I guess she's grown bored with it. Clever Island has a lot of choice of game/activity and works them on several skills. Study Dog is solely a reading skill program. It's great, because she's lagging slightly in reading (middle reading group, so I'm not ready to call in Sylvan or anything). Study Dog gives them a pretest and sets up the lessons around the child's individual skills. Unfortunately, there are a limited number of lessons, so it's only going to last a limited amount of time.

In a nutshell, I'm pleased with the two sites we have signed up for, but I'm going to have to drop the subscriptions very soon and move on to something new. Any suggestions?

Sherry
izcool
I'm 17, and I think the website that I'm suggesting to you is a bit cheesy, but it could work. There's no registration required, and it's about Escalator/Elevator/Moving Walkway saftey.

The name of the website is :

Safe-T-Rider

You watch a couple of videos (if I remember right) and they have a questionnaire about what they explained. If you get all the questions right, they can print off a certificate saying they're a "Safe-T-Rider".

I dunno if that's the kind of thing you're looking for, but it was at least worth a shot. Rolling Eyes

- Mike.