FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggestion - Night banner

johanfh
I hope this hasn't been suggested before. I looked through the forums, but didn't read all of it Rolling Eyes

At night (after 12 GW-time) frihost becomes quiet. Would it be possible to make some sort of banner on top of the forums where posters can say something to the other guys and girls online? Not like a chatroom, more like a motto. And only active after 12 'o clock.
You could restrict it to users with at least 50 points or so to avoid people spamming the banner...

Greetings,
JohanFH
Blaster
umm we are all on different time zones so really it wouldnt' work out that good. Its usually kept prety clean with spam and all.
tidruG
As Blaster said, there are too many members on various time zones. There is no time period when Frihost is really actually "quiet".
Yes, most members are from America and Europe, so it can get comparatively inactive during the night time according to their time zones, but otherwise, there's a little bit of actvivity everywhere.
reddishblue
to add to all thats been said above you cannot have 50 points, it reset to 45 everyday, overwise i would be very rich in the points department Very Happy
ocalhoun
reddishblue wrote:
to add to all thats been said above you cannot have 50 points, it reset to 45 everyday, overwise i would be very rich in the points department Very Happy

Where did that come from? How does this topic involve points?
reddishblue
johanfh wrote:
You could restrict it to users with at least 50 points or so to avoid people spamming the banner...

Right here
scotty
tidruG wrote:
As Blaster said, there are too many members on various time zones. There is no time period when Frihost is really actually "quiet".
Yes, most members are from America and Europe, so it can get comparatively inactive during the night time according to their time zones, but otherwise, there's a little bit of actvivity everywhere.

Ooooo my Frihost User Map would be a nice visual aide here! Razz Although admittedly it doesn't have many people on it at all.

Bad on topic, this is a forum, you come here to talk so post a thread. Start a thread to say hi, send them a private message or something but seriously what is the point of a shoutbox?
Animal
We won't be adding a shoutbox. It's likely to be spammed and offer no benefit to the forums. If you need "live chat" then try the Frihost IRC channel.

-close-