FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

T-mobile~!!!

phinguyen
i've had t-mobile for a quite a while now, and i've never had any problems with them. they've offered great service and i've been able to find great deals on phones from 3rd party vendors. i just renewed my contract acouple of months ago for two more years because i wanted the sidekick3 for for $200 on top of that i've renewed another line getting me a free PSP.

now here's my question to every1... have you guyz been having problems lately??? up until 2 months ago i never did, but now, i'm getting more and more dropped calls, "server busy" errors "connection failed" errors and when i DO get a call, it doesnt fully connect right away. for example someone will call me and i'll pick up, and say "hello" and it echoes through the earpiece and the other side doesnt hear me; or when i pick up the phone from a call it takes a good 8-9 "hello"s till the person on the other line can hear me. and as i mentioned, there are more and more dropped calls as the days are going by. anyone else experiencing the same problems??

i live in colorado, where t-mobile used to be top dawg, i've had service with ATT (now cingular), verizon (which waz really really bad at the time), and qwest (affiliated with nextel).
phinguyen
so does anyone else have trouble?

they used to be really really reliable. internet on my phone was working fast, i barely ever got dropped calls, and i never once had the "echo" problem until just now. i have a few other friends that have t-mobile too, and they seem to be having the same trouble.

i did jus recently put my cell # in the "no call list", i wonder if that had made a difference...

you guyz let me kno your opinion on this situation.
izcool
I have T-Mobile and my service hasn't changed at all with quality and reliability, it's been very good actually.

I've really committed myself to T-Mobile, because a couple of weeks ago I've upgraded from my year-old Motorola RAZR V3 phone to a brand new T-Mobile MDA phone. It's so lovely, it's going to be my cellphone for quite a long time I imagine, because I spent so much money to get it.

Might be just your area. I'm not too sure on how to answer that - I suggest you give them a call to see if it's something with the area you're in where the dropped calls are rising. Then again, it could be your phone that's acting finicky. I know my manager's U.S. Cellular phone goes out of range when he sticks it in his jeans pocket. Now that's really finicky. Rolling Eyes

- Mike.
seanooi
I'm using t-mobile too. Sometimes when people call me it takes about a second or 2 before the other end can hear me talking, or me hearing them talk. But other than that, it's been serving me great.
driftingfe3s
I've been using T-mobile since the beginning of the year and the service is as great as always. Maybe its a problem with your phone, it could be defective or something.

Try using your old phone for a while and see if you still have the same problem. Then you can see if its your phone or T-mobile.
SerendipityRose
My son has TMobile and has only had it for about 5 months and we have had to call every month except for one to have charges taken off that we did not incur. They keep adding services that we didn't order. They have always taken them off until this last month. When his contract is over we will go with another provider.
screamingdecay
I had issues today with "all are circuits are busy please try again later" But it cleared up about 15 min. later. It might be the towers in your area?

Anyway, I like Tmobile but the only thing I dislike is they dont offer any Labtop internet service like cingular or Nextel/Spring. Only this 10 dollar a momnth hot spot crap that only can be used in starbucks and Fast food places that support it..
the-geek
i am not T MOBILE user but the problem you told is common to every service provider. when a certain area's tower is over loaded, it does the said problem. they says it happens on certain areas where too much user try to use the network. few months ago i couldnt get my line or very poor signal in my office. after calling them, they sent some people and they did some thing with the tower and now its all okay.now i can use it from basement level three too. same goes with the GPRS EDGE service. some places i cant use it at all and some place its like broadband...
(any of you experienced EDGE with EDGE enabled phone? how it works?)
jongoldsz
phinguyen wrote:
i've had t-mobile for a quite a while now, and i've never had any problems with them. they've offered great service and i've been able to find great deals on phones from 3rd party vendors. i just renewed my contract acouple of months ago for two more years because i wanted the sidekick3 for for $200 on top of that i've renewed another line getting me a free PSP.

now here's my question to every1... have you guyz been having problems lately??? up until 2 months ago i never did, but now, i'm getting more and more dropped calls, "server busy" errors "connection failed" errors and when i DO get a call, it doesnt fully connect right away. for example someone will call me and i'll pick up, and say "hello" and it echoes through the earpiece and the other side doesnt hear me; or when i pick up the phone from a call it takes a good 8-9 "hello"s till the person on the other line can hear me. and as i mentioned, there are more and more dropped calls as the days are going by. anyone else experiencing the same problems??

i live in colorado, where t-mobile used to be top dawg, i've had service with ATT (now cingular), verizon (which waz really really bad at the time), and qwest (affiliated with nextel).

I never have a problem with Cingular. I live in New York. What you should do is look at the service maps on the T-Mobile, Cingular and Verizon websites, and compare them, to see which one works best in your area.
nrg123
I think all phones have there ups and downs, some more than others. T-mobile is pretty good in my area.
phinguyen
for anyone who says that cingular has better service, you cant say that t-mobile doesnt; well, that is if you're comparing the "cell bases" or "towers" that everyone is talking about. because cingular and t-mobile share most of the same towers, especially in my area, almost ever tower that is cingular is shared with t-mobile.

now the sattelites are a different story, and other companies like verizon and nextel will borrow towers when they have to, but for the most part, they are getting towerz (especially verizon) put up everywhere.

i know its not my phone, i swapped phones for about a week, same thing was happening... maybe its my area, maybe cingular and t-mobile are getting ready to split their cell bases.