FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Put link to directadmin in easy to find place

SerendipityRose
I keep losing the link to the directadmin and have to try to remember where I have the info. I've happened onto the info on occasion but have to spend a lot of time looking for it. I've tried searching for something on the forums but still have to go through hundreds of posts before finding it. Can't there be a place you can put it where it is more accessible? My computer crashed recently and I lost all the info and am slowly trying to put all the pieces back together.
Animal
Direct Admin can be accessed at http://cp.frih.net/ or http://yourdomain.frih.net:2222

Should be easy enough to remember Wink

If you can't remember it though... why not just open the PM that was sent to you with your account details?
mathiaus
Its also located on your account page and could be bookmarked(added to favourites)!
Marston
I usually use http://whatever.frih.net/config just because it's easiest to remember.
SerendipityRose
mathiaus wrote:
Its also located on your account page and could be bookmarked(added to favourites)!

Yeah, well, that was part of the problem and has been in the past. This time my computer crashed and I lost my favorites and last time I was switching to a new computer and didn't have it bookmarked any longer. The point is, it's hard to find and although committing it to memory would be a good thing, my memory isn't what it used to be.

I can't be the only one that has had trouble remembering how to get to it!
Smile
Marston
What about emailing yourself the link?

That way you can just login to hotmail (or whatever email service you use), and re-read the email whenever you forget the link.
SerendipityRose
Hmmm, that is a good idea. Like my friend who told me I should call my phone and leave myself messages to remind myself of things!

I still think there should be a better way to find it, ON the Frihost website.
mathiaus
There is, on your account page which I have already mentioned. One cick and you can find sevral links to the panel, the preferable one and one for use if a proxy/firewall is enabled and blocks the requred port.
simplyw00x
Where exactly do you think the link should be, if not in places it is already (usefully) located? There's no reason to have it on the website itself - it's assumed people can at the very least remember their own forum login details. If not, there's a retrieve lost password feature.
SerendipityRose
My apologies. It IS on my account page.
Bockman
SerendipityRose wrote:
My apologies. It IS on my account page.

Solved and -closed- to prevent spam.

If you need to add anything to this discussion, please pm a MOD to reopen it.