FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Emailing Username And Password

Kurosaki-Ichigo
Ok so i have this portal and it uses a forum to sign up and login. But sometimes it fails to email and an email comes to my default email from frihost. I thought that i have to use an SMTP thing for the email password and username thing on my portal. I dont know how to use it. Ive got PHPBB by the way thnx.
Bondings
Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
I thought that i have to use an SMTP thing for the email password and username thing on my portal.

Normally the smtp isn't needed at all, don't worry about it. Aren't the emails that return from invalid email addresses?
Bockman
those emails are usually sent by the phpmailer. no need to setup the SMTP for it.

The returned emails ought to be invalid emails (probably typos from the user when he registered) and can be disregarded (the user will most probably create a new account with a correct OR email you with a request to check his account Wink . In this cases the account exists but is not validated, you can validate it manually and correct the email field)

Be Well Cool
Kurosaki-Ichigo
Thnx alot. I figured it should be like that since there was only 1 notification each 10 people that registered. So what do you guys figure ? Is there a mod for PHPBB that lets the script check if the email is valid ?
dac_nip
dude, you don't need that. what they are just saying is that if the email is returned, then the email address is invalid. you don't need to bother about it. Regarding the SMTP thing, again, your forum most probably uses PHPmailer to send emails. Not unless you configured it to be SMTP. The default is usually PHPmailer. Just like what bockman said, if the email was correct, the only problem that would be left behind is if it is validated or not. Now you as the administrator will have to check that. just check your configs:D