FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Science of Sleep (thoughts and opinions)

Ray Gravin
I don't know about the rest of you guys but I was really excited about this movie when I saw the preview. If you haven't seen the previews yet you can catch them on apples web site. I got all teary and stuff the first time I saw it, it looked absolutely beautiful. I think its safe to say that I am a bit of a fan boy when it comes to Michael Gondrys work. I don't think I've seen something he had a hand in that I didn't adore.

I finally got to see this film about a week ago after traveling a moderate distance to the only theater in my area playing it. It was small one theater, hole in the wall place. I was really surprised at how shabby the theater was. Anyway I really enjoyed the movie despite the condition of the theater.

I was hoping that a few of you may have caught this film as well. If you have and would like to share your thoughts or interpretations of the film, please do. Please be sure to mark any spoilers and such to keep from ruining the experience for any frihosters who have yet to catch this fine film.

*caution* !SPOILER! below*

Personally I found myself relating to the main character in an odd way at the end of the film. I find myself shaping my feelings towards people based on the dreams and fantasies I have about them. Creating a false concept of the people I dream about and the nature of my relationship to them. In a strange way seeing this behavior in the film has helped grow past that, or at-least see the fault in that kind of behavior.