FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Famous last words.

Rico
If given the opportunity (if you didn’t die in a high speed motor accident or something similar), what would your last words be?

I would probably say something like “see you all soon”.

My favorite famous last word quotes are those of individuals condemned to die by execution. I imagine that at a time like that whatever you say is going to be profound, especially if you fluff it and say something totally arbitrary. The winner of all time doff things to say just before you leave this mortal coil is that of Marie Antoinette, the last queen of France. She said “Pardonnez-moi, monsieur." Approaching the guillotine, she unintentionally stepped on the foot of her executioner.

This is a good one, trust the Irish. Erskine Childers - Irish patriot -1922 - firing squad. “Take a step forward, lads. It will be easier that way

This must be an American. Francis Crowley – 1931 – electric chair. “You sons of bitches. Give my love to Mother

It absolutely amazes me how some guys keep their sense of humor right until the bitter end. James French -1966- electric chair. “How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? French fries”

This one’s kinda poetic, gotta love a guy that’s good with words. Robert Alton Harris -1992 – gas chamber (nasty way to go). “You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the Grim Reaper.”

So ! What'r you gonna to say?
Srs2388
One of my teachers did that everyday...
they would put a quote of of peoples last words... there are some odd ones to say in the least.
"I think I could eat one of Bellamy's veal pies." William Pitt the Younger
scotty
It is interesting to read about the last words of people condemned to death. I liked the one about French Fries, that's quality.
DoctorBeaver
I think it's Spike Milligan who has got engraved on his tombstone "See? I told you I was ill"

Class!
nox-Hand
I really like the French one Rolling Eyes

I don't think I would be able to hold humor at that time, but I think my last and final words if I had the time, and was to die suddenly soon, would be something along the lines of:
"Tell my family I love them, and tell everyone at HTMLforums.com and the irc channel #gentoo-uk and #gentoo-dk how I died. I love you all. I'..<dead>"

Sad, isn't it Laughing

Please, don't get me on this subject, downs my mood!
HoboPelican
Lots of good ones, but one of my favorite was Pancho Villa's
[quote]Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something. - Pancho Villa, Mexican revolutionary/quote]

I figure my last words are gonna be "tower, Hobo turning final." Very Happy
CMA
I'd go for a stupid punchline, lol. Maybe something taken out of 4chan... Then again, maybe not...

Alternative endings:

- And now for something completely different............. *blargh*
- OMG I get it now! It's.......... *blargh*
- Now if you excuse me, my presence is required somewhere else"
- Seems like I got lost on the road of life... Oh well, better take a shortcut...
Nameless
I'd probably churn out one of my usual sayings:

"You can't buy peace, don't spend lives, save lives!"

Or possibly something random like:

"From the shadow I dwelt so do I return"

Or failing that steal someone else's quote:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Smile
Vanilla
nox-Hand wrote:

I don't think I would be able to hold humor at that time, but I think my last and final words if I had the time, and was to die suddenly soon, would be something along the lines of:
"Tell my family I love them, and tell everyone at HTMLforums.com and the irc channel #gentoo-uk and #gentoo-dk how I died. I love you all. I'..<dead>"

I'm usually a happy person, but I think that in this situation, I won't be so happy... I think that I will say something close to what you'll say!
HoboPelican
Wait! I gotta better one!

The gold...<gasp>....the gold is in.....<shudder> it's in....
izcool
I've got a couple in mind actually :

"Give me liberty, or give me death !!"

Nah, I'm kidding on that one. It's already been taken. Razz

I'd probably use something wise and thought-provoking :

"I'm standing 20 feet from the edge, but I didn't realize that 20 feet was so far down. It looks like I'm falling off the edge".

More than likely, I'd use this one :

"Goodbye, cruel world".

- Mike.
desertwind
Good Bye... Baby...

--desertwind
djcaution
Laughing
When I worked as a supervisor at KFC the most famous last words were
"as far as I know"
rileyvace
I'd say:

"So that's what cyanide is!!! Lol"

or:

"oh crap!"
rhathar
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! .. What? They do? Oh, well. Better luck next time.
eLto
I don't know what my last words would be. As everything else, I'll deal with that when it comes. But some interesting ideas area always fun to play with.

"There is no spoon"
"There is another skywalker!"
"hmm.."
"what's this button do?"
"oh...shit"
"I'll bet you my life that gun's not loaded"
"I did your mum"
"sure, why not?"
"hah, what do you know, it's a backpack, not a parachute."
"GERONIMOOOOOOOO!"
"What time it is? Time to die."

Of course, you'll have to think of your own settings to say these in, but imagin lying in bed, your loved ones are gathered around you, and as you take your final breath and prepare to speak, the family looks confused at each other as you utter "There is another skywalker" when they simply asked if you were in pain. As I see it, you really shouldn't care anymore when you're dying. I mean, after all, noone can hurt you once you're dead Smile
Rico
Famous last words of a drug addict . . . “I don’t know what these pills are, but let’s pop a few anyway . . .”
Utopia GFR
Interesting real and historical facts to read Very Happy

Maybe my final words would be "Your'e about to spoil such a blossoming character for the purpose of nothing."

Most people, I guess who must confront death don't really care about anything more on earth since they have no chances of escaping whatsoever.

Physical punishment is is pretty much lame and should only be applied as a very last resort (preferably avoided) no matter the gravity of the damage done.

Hopefully, loads of nonvovernmental organizations tend to struggle against abuse.
Sergiy
Utopia GFR wrote:
Most people, I guess who must confront death don't really care about anything more on earth since they have no chances of escaping whatsoever.

SIGN

I think I wouldn't say a word or think of one Rolling Eyes It's just one of silent things or just "auuuuu" Sad But I guess this kind off end(bike or car) can be very sudden Confused
kazikame
"Gazpatcho soup...." - Arnold Rimmer
Josso
"F#ckers" probably.
Vrythramax
"Max is an ***hole".

-closed-