FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forumer must know!!!

kirii
Do everyone knows,if u wan to do ur own forum,Linux server is better.Don;t ask me why,i also dunno,my fren suggest me one.Did u agree?
Stubru Freak
Because Linux is more stable and is better at handling the pressure a server gets.
ocalhoun
It's mostly because linux is the best choice for nearly any type of server. For one thing, unlike windows, It dosn't need to be restarted every so often due to memory management problems. There are occasions of linux servers running for years without restarting, while windows 98 (for example, since I don't know the times for the rest, which are higher, but still limited) will freeze if it runs for more than 24 hours continuously.
{name here}
The more obscure, the better. Linux is not that obscure in the server market, though it is a good stable OS to run a server on. BSD however may be a better choice because its kernel is a stable kernel 30 years old. To give you an idea, you can run a bleeding edge BSD system with little sacrifice to stability. EComStation may be an even better choice because nobody has bothered to even touch OS/2's security flaws in over 20 years.
kirii
ya i agree too....Windows always update itself and restart the computer without my permission.Then,the forum will be down.....