FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how do you code your site?

shaolintemple
I was told you can code your site entirly out of HTML if wanted...how would you do that if it is possible?? Would you all happen to know for I have tried so hard...to find it out, but I can't...help?
SpellcasterDX
You don't necessarily need to know coding to have a site. You can use a WYSIWYG Editor (What You See Is What You Get) such as Dreamweaver or FrontPage. Of course, the site can look much better if you know coding, because you can personalize the site to your liking and have fun with it! So, it'd be better to have coding knowledge and expertise than to rely on a WYSIWYG Editor. Wink

I myself am learning php so I can code my forums. Smile
shaolintemple
I don't think you understood what I have posted..with frihost, I was told you can code whatever you want into your site, out of HTML and I was told it was very simple...that Fri didn't change what you had coded, like many do. How do you build it out of HTML is what I want to know! I know HTML very well..enough to make an entire site out of it...but I need to know how to build it with FriHost.

Thanks!
GameFreak
Well, you can either create pages using a text editor or with DirectAdmin's editor with HTML. If you already have sample files that are saved with the extension '.htm' or '.html' you can upload them via FTP or your browser.

Did this help you ??
SpellcasterDX
Oh. Sorry. Guess I misunderstood your question. Embarassed
You can either code a file from scratch in DirectAdmin or upload a premade html or htm file you have on your computer. Smile
shaolintemple
What is that? I think I don't understand I am so confused on how to build my website using FriHost..please someone help me!
scotty
With Frihost to code your site you do this:

1. Open notepad and write your html.
2. Save the file and then rename it to dfgsdfg.html
3. Open your FTP program and upload it to the public_html directory.
4. Go to www.yoursubdomain.frih.net/dfgsdfg.html and look at your file.

That is coding html and then putting it on Frihost. Frihost never changes your files unless they are against TOS.

This is basic knowledge anybody who knows enough html to create a whole site would have. If this doesn't answer your question you need to write it again because your question is hard to understand and very vague.
tidruG
shaolintemple,
If you know how to create your site with HTML, then all you need is an uploader.

Here's the basic procedure...

1. Create your site at home on your favourite HTML Editor
2. Using an FTP Client (I recommend FileZilla), upload your files to your public_html folder.

All files you upload will not be touched or edited by Frihost, unless you're hosting something illegal
shaolintemple
tidruG wrote:
shaolintemple,
If you know how to create your site with HTML, then all you need is an uploader.

Here's the basic procedure...

1. Create your site at home on your favourite HTML Editor
2. Using an FTP Client (I recommend FileZilla), upload your files to your public_html folder.

All files you upload will not be touched or edited by Frihost, unless you're hosting something illegal

I don't understand how to open the FTP file uploader..I tried countless times but to no avail! Please help!
LukeakaDanish

1. Download FileZilla
  2. Install FileZilla (should be easy enough)
  3. Open FileZilla from your startmenu
  4. Put your details here:

Address: for me its lukedk.frih.net, for you it will be SOMETHING.frih.net
    Username: Supplied with your account details - probably shaolint
    Password: Your password - same as for your hosting account and probably the same as you forum account (I'm not quite sure there)
    Port: leave that - it will figure itself automatically
  5. Click Quick connect
  6. Now double-click the public_html folder
  7. Now find your files using the LEFT part of the screen
  8. Drag and drop it into the right part of the screen
  9. The file called index.html or index.htm or index.php will be the file to be shown if you type in SOMETHING.frih.net

Thats that!

- hope that helped.
SpellcasterDX
You have to create an FTP account and use those details. Razz

The username would be: *@yourdomain.frih.net
Password would be your chosen password.
LukeakaDanish
SpellcasterDX wrote:
You have to create an FTP account and use those details. Razz

The username would be: *@yourdomain.frih.net
Password would be your chosen password.

No, the FTP account i described is created for you along with your account!
tidruG
Luke is right.
You get an FTP account by default along with your hosting account.
AmzLangers
Just reading this is making my head spin a little. So to upload a script. we go into:

FTP managment
Where is the creat new file (If that's were all the html files are made)

I have had previous experiance with frontpage but I want it to be able to create Php and all sort's. If this makes sence. I want to make a site like this
www.houndism.com

and I need to make a layout page bt cant if i cant upload any html scripts.
Also need to make a login script and user script as it doesn't come with one.
I need some help really badly. And i have read the html book's but all were the same. and the php lesson's are still a bit like greek to me. Rolling Eyes
And I was looking for some information based on that.
If some one could send me an message telling me what Php or squal book i should use please do so as I am in need of it badly.