FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Trying to get a stage light effect/light burst effect....

jharsika
with either some technique I don't know about or a brush. Can anyone shed any light? I'm having trouble finding tuts on anything this specific. I have a picture of someone singing, with no background and I just want to sort of make it look like they are on a huge stage or something with lots of lights, or one or two big ones...
Thanks!
CrimsonStrange
Well, a lot depends on what sort of graphics editing program you prefer to use.

There are filters/plugins, brushes, etc... for Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and tons of others that I've never used.

Take a look through some of these Google search results: how to add lighting effects

Arrow I'm sure there's a stand-alone program out there somewhere that will add light bursts/lens flares/lighting effects to an image, if that's what you'd prefer to use.
eLto
It also depends heavily on the type of graphic you are trying to create. Are you doing digital painting, photo-editing, anime etc. If you're trying to achieve a photorealistic edit, I'd suggest going to www.deviantart.com and looking through some stock art. Odds are you'll find some images you can use for the background. I also reccomend using several background plates, so the elements of it aren't instantly recognized.
jharsika
I'm doing a photograph, and using paint shop pro 7.0

Edit : Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definately try those.
Edit # 2 : Wow I feel stupid, I'm using photoshop 7.0, I'm actually used to only having Paint Shop Pro 9, so I put that.....my bad. But I will definately get the paint shop too. Smile
CrimsonStrange
jharsika, I've got version 7.04 installed on my computer, and if you look in the Paint Shop Pro main menu under Effects, you should see an option called Illumination Effects.

If you don't see that in your 7.0 version, try going here and downloading the update to 7.04. (it's around 12 megs big, I believe - that does lead you to a working download link, BTW)

If you don't like that site, just do a Google search for "Paint Shop Pro 7.04 download".
That should give you lots of options.

If you need some help, just send me a private message, jharsika.
I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.
It's good to meet a fellow Paint Shop fan! Smile