FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Batman Begins

ahussain
Man did u guyz check out Batman Begins it is so cool and the story line is amazing. However it seems out that the story of how batman begins is out now. Much later than the other titles like Batman and Robin
|AoR|Tyler
yeah, this movie was amazing, it really makes batman looks really good. I hope they come out with more like this one.
tidruG
well they are..... they are making more sequels to batman begins... we already know about the next one being about the joker.... the good thing about this new series of batman films is that they are sticking, more or less, to the original comics stories.... the origins and the steps bruce wayne takes to become batman have been brought out and depicted correctly only in the new movie
rolemodel
I rather enjoyed the movie. However, I didn't really like their choice of actor for Batman. It had great action and the Scarecrow part actually freaked me out. Those scenes seemd actually horror-ish to me. I'd give the movie 4 out of 5 stars.
tidruG
i agree.... they should have chosen someone else to play Batman... someone with more steel to his character... Christian Bale did OK as Batman was wasn't awesome as Bruce Wayne I think.
mtndew
just saw the movie tonight, it was one of the best movies ive seen in a while. im torn which one i like more, this one or the first one. im leaning twards this one tho. the special effects were awesome and the atmosphere was a lot better, and a little less dark, which i think is a good thing
tidruG
When you say "the first one", which one do you mean? "Batman Returns" - the one with Penguin and Catwoman?

Anyway, you thought this one was less dark? I don't think so... I think this was the darkest Batman movie... it was the only one which showed the mental agony Bruce Wayne/Batman goes through properly... Batman isn't just an ordinary man in a Black Leather suit fighting crime... he's supposed to have a drive to do it... a reason... and he's supposed to have his own nightmares and demons to battle. That's what differentiates Batman from the other superheroes.
althalus
I saw this movie last night and I thought it was pretty good. The fight scenes were a bit confusing though, and that's somehting I see in most every new film that comes out. They're too close up on the actors and moving too fast, so you don't really know who's beating who.

The acting was pretty good, Cristian Bale did a good job, I reckon. It was darker than the previous movies, which was very nice - it seemed like they put more thought in it Wink

Not sure wether I'd like a sequal to it, concidering the Joker. I mean come on, they're out already Smile Although, if they're made in the same dark way, why not Smile

I must say had had the coolest Batmobile so far Wink Very Happy
tidruG
althalus wrote:
I saw this movie last night and I thought it was pretty good. The fight scenes were a bit confusing though, and that's somehting I see in most every new film that comes out. They're too close up on the actors and moving too fast, so you don't really know who's beating who.

Yeah... that was the only reason I didn't think it was better than Spiderman. In Spiderman (the first one, at least), the fight scenes were very well shot... a visual treat...

And yeah, though this Batmobile is a shift from how it's actually supposed to be (in the comics and original Batman, it's long and sleek and powerful), it still is awesome.
impronto
i thought this was not a good movie. i liked the first 2 batmans the best.
Derleth
tidrug wrote:
When you say "the first one", which one do you mean? "Batman Returns" - the one with Penguin and Catwoman?
You are aware that was a sequel to a movie called "Batman" released in 1989, right?

"Batman Begins" is the only movie that can really compare to the "Batman" from 1989. The other movies released in the 1990s were simply crap, including "Batman Returns".

And of the two, I think "Batman Begins" is better. It has a better story and more really good actors.
tidruG
Derleth wrote:
tidrug wrote:
You are aware that was a sequel to a movie called "Batman" released in 1989, right?

"Batman Begins" is the only movie that can really compare to the "Batman" from 1989. The other movies released in the 1990s were simply crap, including "Batman Returns".

And of the two, I think "Batman Begins" is better. It has a better story and more really good actors.

Yes, I was aware... just that not too many people know it because of the movies made in the 90s. Anyhow, I agree with you about the '90s movies... didn't have that edge that Batman should really have.
leone
the movie is very good but certainly batman begins and returns are better then the new batman begins and i don't agre with that person who said that bruce wane wasn't good to do the batman's charachter. Evil or Very Mad
gh0stface
althalus wrote:

Christopher Nolan wanted the fight scenese to be directed like that. He wanted to portray a more realist fight by an urban legend. Quick strikes to take opponents down.

tidruG wrote:
i agree.... they should have chosen someone else to play Batman... someone with more steel to his character... Christian Bale did OK as Batman was wasn't awesome as Bruce Wayne I think.

I thought Bale did an excellent job as Batman. As Batman, he had the brooding and gravelly voice that you could find in the comics. As Bruce Wayne, he had the "I'm a rich playboy billionaire" mentality. You have to realize that he IS Batman while Bruce Wayne is the costume. The facade.

I didn't really like the Batmobile in this movie, however it fit really well into this movie. Hopefully, the next movie will show a sleeker Batmobile as in the comics Batman has over at least 100 Batmobiles as seen in the Batman Hush story arc.

The sequel to Batman Begins is suppose to be based off of the Killing Joke which might introduce how the Joker was created along with Harvey Dent. With the introduction of Harvey Dent, it will setup for the third sequel and introduce us to Two-Face.
Nikolus
It's an alright film. The hubbub over the stylistic choice of filming the action scenes is a bit unwarranted, as I think it establishes a visual motif similar to the flurry of bats that occurs occasionally throughout the film.
Twikki
ahussain wrote:
Man did u guyz check out Batman Begins it is so cool and the story line is amazing. However it seems out that the story of how batman begins is out now. Much later than the other titles like Batman and Robin

I hated it apart from the fight scene with batman and scarecrow (the place where they got the name gothham city i live near)

i've not really been a batman fan
kuad
Compared to the other Batman movies "Batman Begins" is the best in my opinion.
threezeroone
You may find this silly but I want to ask this:
I just noticed, why do they have wireless cellphones in Batman Begins but in earlier Batman movies they still don't have it?
Twikki
well thats a dumb question

Wireless phones are more popular than they ere when the Btaman films came out before

Either that or they weren't invented then
DJCognizance
I loved this movie. It portrayed batman as the dark and mysterious hero that he should be. This movie is infinitely better then batman and robin or batman forever. This movie also had some good food for thought. I liked the theme of underlying fears and their effects on people.
memsa
Just saw this on DVD. I think it is the best of the "Batman" movies. My wife liked Christian Bale. It seems to be a rare successful ensemble of good actors: Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Rutger Hauer, Tom Wilkinson, and Gary Oldman (as a good guy for a change). The newcomers were OK too.
Tobbie
i agree its a good movie Very Happy
healyrj
Christopher Nolan and his co-screenwriter, David Goyer have chosen to postpone the crossover of Bruce Wayne (a soulful Christian Bale) into Batman until half way through the new "Batman Begins."
And this is a crucial and important step that Nolan puts off until Bruce walks the earth in search of his own personal nirvana... in a sort of Christ-like journey to understand himself and his place in the world after his parents are brutally murdered. It is also from this quest that he acquires the knowledge and skills necessary for him to become a warrior, ready and able to combat the ills and rid his town Gotham of all evil-doers.
Nolan's "Batman Begins" is a more macho, masculine film than were the previous movies, which is not to take anything away from Tim Burton's elegiac, gothic and visionary takes on this story. But Burton's world is/was/ and will always be the world of the dreamer: his Batman is more sinned against than sinning. His Batman needs love and understanding while Nolan's wants and needs justice and revenge more than anything else: even the sultry Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes proves to be of little interest to Batman save a chaste kiss at the end of the movie. It's interesting to note that in the previous Batman films we had big beautiful bombshells like Kim Bassinger and Nicole Kidman as the so-called love interests while here, in Nolan's vision we have a more scrubbed clean, working class (Rachel is an assistant D.A.) heroine: a woman who is as interested in righting wrongs as is Batman and not merely someone meant as an adornment to the suave debonair Batman of Val Kilmer, George Clooney or Michael Keaton. It's an important and telling shift from woman as a plush toy to one who is, not only beautiful but also smart and dedicated to a cause other than self-promotion and self-satisfaction.
Christian Bale's Batman is real..i.e. a genuine, fleshed-out, beautifully written movie character: he is conflicted, he makes mistakes, he trusts the wrong people at times and he pays for his mistakes. It is a remarkable casting coup to have Bale in this role particularly since of late he has been playing a spate of radicals...i.e. in "The Machinist," in which he transforms himself into a skeleton...literally. As Bruce Wayne/Batman, Bale dons the mask, assumes the persona, not out of a lust for power but out of a fervent belief that good will always triumph over evil: several times in this film he is brought to task for his trust in the basic goodness of people and one of his mentors ( Liam Neeson as Ducard) even goes so far as to ridicule Bruce as sentimental and weak for it. Though Ducard is his mentor and sensei, this relationship proves to be fraught with ambiguity as the movie progresses to the climax.
What is a Batman film without its villains? But this film is devoid of the cartoon craziness of the Riddler or the Joker. Here we have Cillian Murphy (so good in "28 Days Later") as a scary-as-hell The Scarecrow, alias psychiatrist Dr. Jonathan Crane, who spews his psychedelic paranoia and psychosis on an unsuspecting Gotham. His "stuff" is more thrilling and frightening than anything that the aforementioned villains could ever muster.
"Batman Begins" is not only a physically gorgeous film, it is also an emotionally and ideologically complicated one. It wears its heart on its sleeve, yes...but it also has the brains and a profoundly strong back and pumped up physicality to back it up.