FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Screenshots

GameFreak
Hey, with which software can I capture screenshots of my computer ?
Saber
You can just push the "print Scrn" key, top right area of the keyboard.
this will take a shot of the computer and then you can paste it into a graphics program.
GameFreak
Right. Thanks. I always thought that there was some software that could do so.
Shin
Or Alt+PrtScn if you just want to capture a window.
Aimewitue
http://pootato.org/downloads/scripts/ go here & dowload MWSnap 3.0 with that you can take only a desired window if youwant!
GameFreak
That script is really amazing. Thanks a lot for telling me about it.
kiranaghor
for such softwares u can try websites like download.com or versiontracker.com or tucows. They categorize all the software and u can also view the feedback provided by users of certain software u wish to download. Also there are 'Editor's picks' that are selected by the editor of that website and they explain why that software i useful.
webgeek
You can use DonationCoder's Screenshot Captor. It offers a lot of possibilities like resizing the screenshot, something you can't do with MWSnap. If you are a freesoftware developer, Mouser, the author of Screenshot Captor, can even give you a free license for this donationware.
Josso
Shin wrote:
Or Alt+PrtScn if you just want to capture a window.

Thanks I didn't know about that, saves a lot of cropping actually.

Yeah... there is software but none is actually amazing. The screenshot feature on FRAPS is pretty good to be honest. I just use print screen most of the time.
GameFreak
Also, how do I just capture a part of a window, like just the Viewonline Box or something?
lalune
How can I capture a video screen? I've tried lots of software but none works... always get a black screen instead... Crying or Very sad
Arno v. Lumig
lalune wrote:
How can I capture a video screen? I've tried lots of software but none works... always get a black screen instead... Crying or Very sad

When I still used windows I always used FrontCam for that. There is a free evaluation version online, but it gives you a little advertisement in the top right corner of the screen (yellow text saying "created by FontCam - Evaluation version" or something like that).

Greetz,
Arno
GameFreak
How much does this FrontCam cost?
myrevolt
You can try the open source video screen recorder Cam Studio I haven't tried it myself but heard its good and saves as .avi (good quality) and can convert to .swf (Flash) I've used a trial version of Wisdom Softs' Auto Screen Recorder which was ok, but I think it has some limitations.

Lastly there is vnc2swf available for linux link
yjwong
lalune wrote:

If you want to capture a single picture of a video (and you are using Windows Media Player), just press Ctrl+I when the video is playing. A dialog box will appear asking you to save the screenshot.
orcaz
hey, i heard of softwares which instead of capturing static images of your display, they can videotape your actions on the computer. Which software could do that?
GameFreak
Yeah, that would be a really useful software..
Commando_Sondre
If you have Xfire it can take screenshots too and upload them to your profile Smile