FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

is register globals off?

Technaut
my site, http://www.quantum.farscry.frih.net, has a game written in php installed on it. it works fine, but recently the game has frozen, and all functions are inoperable. has register_globals been turned off? if so, why? and is it possible to get them turned back on?
Bondings
Technaut wrote:
my site, http://www.quantum.farscry.frih.net, has a game written in php installed on it. it works fine, but recently the game has frozen, and all functions are inoperable. has register_globals been turned off? if so, why? and is it possible to get them turned back on?

It's off indeed. You should normally be able to turn it back on for your website with a .htaccess file.

Code:
php_flag register_globals on
Technaut
thank you very much! now it works! now the nasty emails from would-be users can go away.
Vins
Hello
Can this flag
Quote:
php_flag register_globals on/off
really work from the .htaccess on this hosting?
If yes it is really the best one and not only for free host but from payment hosts too!
Can anybody confirm me that pls?
SpellcasterDX
Vins wrote:
Hello
Can this flag
Quote:
php_flag register_globals on/off
really work from the .htaccess on this hosting?
If yes it is really the best one and not only for free host but from payment hosts too!
Can anybody confirm me that pls?

Yes it does. Smile
Vins
Wowowow!
This is one of the best notice I received, thanks Smile
kamoe_x
Just wanna ask a Q.... :

What's the disadvantage/advantage of turning ON and OFF of register global?
smokey4life
Ok i have tried adding the .httaccess file with the line of code you suggested and this did not work for me at all....im still getting a blank page when trying to access my game...is there a certain folder i am supposed to add this file to or just the root folder? as of now i have added it to every folder and still nothing lol figured what could it hurt? Anyways i cannot figure out why everyone else is able to get thier register_globals turned back on and mine are yet to function. I appreciate your help.
pashmina
Thank you for that post.
Bondings wrote:
Technaut wrote:

It's off indeed. You should normally be able to turn it back on for your website with a .htaccess file.

Code:
php_flag register_globals on
Peterssidan
smokey4life wrote:
Ok i have tried adding the .httaccess file with the line of code you suggested and this did not work for me at all....im still getting a blank page when trying to access my game...is there a certain folder i am supposed to add this file to or just the root folder? as of now i have added it to every folder and still nothing lol figured what could it hurt? Anyways i cannot figure out why everyone else is able to get thier register_globals turned back on and mine are yet to function. I appreciate your help.

If you named it like you wrote here to .httaccess it's wrong. the file name have to be .htaccess