FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which free e-mail service do you prefer?

Hotmail
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Gmail
66%
 66%  [ 98 ]
Yahoo
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
Other
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 147

2m4a
Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail, others... and why?
roberpro
I prefer Hotmail perhaps cause i used it since i was 12 years old.Its a question of routine
Georgeboy
I prefer gmail because of the pop3 functionallity. It was possible in Hotmail, but at this time only for the hotmail ??plus?? or something like that. I don't want to pay only for this functionallity. There are some other ISP's with this for free...

Another positive comment for gmail is the capacity. You haven't to worry about the size of your inbox... Laughing

I never worked with yahoo. I know some people who does, but they are not that positive...

Greetz
parokya
Gmail has a lot of services that I like. It is set up for a lot of web activities like documentation, chat, forum discussions, etc. What I really like about it is the huge capacity. I can get spammed but it won't cry out ever so often as with my Yahoo account that the inbox is full. Very Happy
darkeagle
Yahoo.

Because I am part of yahoo.
Jack_Hammer
Gmail: Space, Personal Spam filter, Firefox Add on, a lot less spam (Adverts etc.), Looks nicer, quicker to load and log in with.
goutha
I prefer Gmail. They give much more space and fuctionnalities.

I had the new beta version of hotmail live... not so bad!
sketteksalfa
Some says, if you really want to get your email secure from spams, then choose Hotmai. Unfortunately in my experience, Hotmail gets high false positives, of which legal emails get caught by their filters too. So i prefer either Yahoo or Gmail.

Just an advice, make sure that your friends' email addresses are saved in your address book so you will easily find your emails directly in your inbox and not on your junk or bulk mailings.
GameFreak
I like HOTMAIL because:

1.) It's free.

2.) It is the most popular service in the world.

3.) It can be used for instant messaging purposes as well.
Loghete
GMail, by far.

I like GMAIL because:

1.) It's free.

2.) It's not the most popular service in the world.

4.) The space, the good spam filter, the good search function, the chat history... and more
Seann
Gmail hands down...
not only do you get so much space you don't need to worry your gmail sign in is automaticly used for everyother google service =]
seanooi
i'd prefer yahoo, probably cause i've been using it since like 5 years ago.don't want to go through the hassle of informing people Very Happy
scotty
Google fascinates me. Gmail is an awesome service you can't get more space from anywhere. I love the interface, it's so easy to use. People always go on about POP3, but when Gmail's interface is as good as it is it doesn't matter!

The only thing that bugs me is the conversation thing, that sometimes confuses things.
Yazz
I use hotmail just because. I would love to switch to Gmail, and I have an account, but I can't be arsed to do it. Everythings set up to go to my hotmail, everyone knows this hotmail now. I still use Gmail for things like large files and duplicate emails in case hotmail fudged out.
Handyman
Gmail is my friend. I like the storage size and ease of use.

Quote:
I would love to switch to Gmail, and I have an account, but I can't be arsed to do it.

You can have your hotmail account forwarded to your Gmail account. It is in the Gmail setup.
truespeed
I have all 3 but my main one is hotmail..mainly for convenience as i use msn messenger and so does everyone i know.

When i first started on hotmail 5 years ago there was only 2mb space,now theres 250mb space which is more than plenty.. i never go above 1% storage.. so all you gmailers who point to the 1gb storage as one of the main plusses.. what do you use or need it for?
standready
I use both hotmail & gmail. The hotmail (I have had for what seems like forever) I keep only because I can't get certain people to update their address books to my gmail account - lazy! Used yahoo at one time, they messed up my account never did get it fixed.
Shake
Gmail is much easier to configure, keep, and use. Even if not for the great interface and user friendly features, I would still keep it just for free POP3 and STMP access. As far as Yahoo, Hotmail, or Gmail, Gmail beats them all.
truespeed
Ive only just noticed, the windows live hotmail beta,now has 2gb storage space.
scotty
truespeed wrote:
I have all 3 but my main one is hotmail..mainly for convenience as i use msn messenger and so does everyone i know.

When i first started on hotmail 5 years ago there was only 2mb space,now theres 250mb space which is more than plenty.. i never go above 1% storage.. so all you gmailers who point to the 1gb storage as one of the main plusses.. what do you use or need it for?

What don't you need space for? I have about 150 MB of email and I can tell you when I reach 250 MB I'll be happy that I don't have to start deleting emails. You never know when you need that one email from a year ago!

Also can you even search in hotmail?
allanxiao
For me, gmail, hotmail, yahoo mail are the same. But my hotmail username is my full name, so I use hotmail more often. Also, most my friends use MSN, so it's much easier.
RaWolfe
parokya wrote:
Gmail has a lot of services that I like. It is set up for a lot of web activities like documentation, chat, forum discussions, etc. What I really like about it is the huge capacity. I can get spammed but it won't cry out ever so often as with my Yahoo account that the inbox is full. Very Happy

Same here. Gmail rocks!
hellrahul
I prefer GMAIL ......

for mail

and also use yahoomail for its notepad.....

In Gmail I like........

everything........ Wink
Aless
GMail is far superior, because I have accounts on all 3. It's got the cleanest, easiest-to-navigate interface. The 'live' nature of it is great, as you can tell when others are online & message them. The way it threads messages is my FAVORITE, as it really reduces the clutter in your inbox when you want to save a long conversation of e-mails. It's also got massive storage space, a good spam filter, and POP3 (which I don't use, but is a nice touch). All in all, it's quite professional and efficient, with unobtrusive ads (unlike Hotmail) and great structure. Out of the 3 accounts, I definitely use my GMail acct exponentially more than the other 2.
mackhenry
Loghete wrote:
GMail, by far.

I like GMAIL because:

1.) It's free.

4.) The space, the good spam filter, the good search function, the chat history... and more

ya its truly correct said by him its the best Wink
Qube
All 3.
Also AIM mail.

I've had screennames for all my IM'ing needs.
Then the respective companies decided to give me a mailbox for every 1 of those screennames.
I had to jump on the GMail bandwagon though.
I'm absolutely in love with the minimalistic feel.
Hurrah for Adblocking googlesyndication and adsense.

But then again, I just use ThunderBird to check 'em all at once.
How nice to work around Yahoo!'s payment plan.
If you're like me, then WebMail has proved invaluable.
Get it here

I pretty much use each one for different things.
GMail my personal one.
Hotmail for important things.
AIM for signing up to games, forums, etc.
Yahoo! for spam.
I guess I got all my bases covered.
scotty
scotty wrote:
Also can you even search in Hotmail?

Okay, I checked, you can search on Hotmail but they call it find, who calls it that?

This just further shows how much better Gmail is, the interface is sweet. Everything is where it should be and it is all easy to find.

@ 2m4a or a Moderator
Make a poll at the top of the thread this one would be interesting!
ne2 Luka
GMail is the best of those 3. The webspace is just awesome. Only problem with gmail is privacy, but that is another issue.
kirii
i perfer Gmail and i'm using it.Gmail provides a lot of spaces and it is free!But the only problem is lack of Anti-Virus and spyware program...
scotty
ne2 Luka wrote:
Only problem with gmail is privacy, but that is another issue.

What evidence is there to suggest that Gmail looks at your emails, or indeed that there is any difference between other major webmail services in terms of who looks at your mail? The ads is a visible showing of how our emails are "read" but then again so is my webpage with adsense on it. It's a computer it isn't a person. I don't think there is any reason to believe security with Google is any better or worse than Hotmail or Yahoo.

kirii wrote:
But the only problem is lack of Anti-Virus and spyware program...

That is one thing I hadn't though about, no virus scanning. As for spyware programs I don't get what you are saying there.
Loghete
Oh, I use Yahoo for my junk mail.
crimson_aria
I prefer Gmail. I like the features and I like the look too.
the-geek
GMAIL
why?
space, google talk, spam filter, pop functionality, loading time, attachment size, cost of using Very Happy and what not?
william
No question there, definitely Gmail.

Gmail provides a massive amount of storage. (Currently over 2700 MB). In addition to that, it is free. It has great spam filters, a ton of features (like embedded chat, calendar, web clips, great search), POP3, etc. It also has a really clean look. Out of the three, it is the only one without the "annoying" ads. Sure, it has text link ads, but so far, those are useful for me.
David_Pardy
I have a hotmail account which I use for junk. I have a Yahoo account which I use as a replacement primary account due to my old company based account being inundated with spam (getting about 150 per day a while ago, dropped down to 40 after I posted hundreds of the messaged to SpamCop.net and now it's on the rise again).

I also have a Yahoo Small Business account for another business I subcontract for, and a Gmail account.

Of all three services, Hotmail is definitely the worst. It is slow, the interface is awkward and unforgiving, and attachments are badly handled.

Yahoo is very good, no complaints there. It's also much easier to get Yahoo's information for POP3 and SMTP servers - I access both my Yahoo accounts with Thunderbird.

Gmail is definitely the best, as far as ease of use is concerned. The threaded format for the messages surprised me at first but then I realised just how much nicer it is to have a record of a complete email history than having to sort through a bunch of sent and inbox items like I have to do with all my other accounts. And since I have to do such a thing on a daily basis with my OTHER work account, it's certainly a breath of fresh air.

I also find Gmail Talk to be much, much better than MSN messenger in every way. It's not flooded with bubbly, useless crap that I don't need, it's exactly what I want - a chat client. I like the NATIVE web-based interface, and not having to go to a third-party while I'm on the work computer and need/want to chat to people.

Oh yeah, while I'm on the topic: MSN Messenger is a bloated, horrible, frustrating, slow piece of junk. It always has been. I had better performance with ICQ '98 back when I was running a Pentium 200. I don't want ads and tabs a slow, graphic intensive interface. I want a fast chat client.

Of course I'm stupid and I still use it being as the majority of people I know don't use Gmail Talk, but meh.
Nameless
I don't use any of the three, but if I did, I would use Gmail for two simple reasons: Hotmail sucks, Yahoo sucks. Razz That, and Gmail has more useful (free) features than the other two, and Google has never disapointed me before, while Yahoo and Microsoft have... Rolling Eyes
dz9c
i loved hotmail for years since i was 10. since the beggining of time. just recently a week ago, i switched to gmail. I HATE HOTMAIL. the junk filters completely garbage...there are none! everything gets through and i get mass junk and its bs. forget msn. forget hotmail. LOVE FIREFOX, LOVE GMAIL, LOVE THUNDERBIRD, LAST, LOVE GOOGLE! they are alll linked and they are the best
truespeed
Most people use mail for sending and recieving emails,they dont care about pop3 or smtp,all they want is to be able to send mail,be able organize mail into folders,and have enough space to keep it in,now hotmail has 2gb of mail so its up there with gmail for space,its allied to msn messenger (which for me the best messnger ) ,so why would the average person want to swap over to google,where perhaps the mail client is superior to tech heads,but your average joe wouldnt know or care to take advantage of these features.

The google messenger is useless if you live in the UK,im on it,but it wont allow me to invite anyone on to it,and also it only allows adding through text,but doesnt allow anyone from the UK to text to get a gmail account,and its very basic looking anyway.

Gmail may be superior with its features,i wouldnt know as i havent really used it,but like betamax video was superior to VHS,it doesnt matter, if the majority of people use hotmail. Inferior or not,it is the number 1 email client out there.
truespeed
Ive just checked my gmail account,and after a year of having the thing,they have finally given me my 50 invites.
scotty
truespeed wrote:
Gmail may be superior with its features,i wouldnt know as i havent really used it,but like betamax video was superior to VHS,it doesnt matter, if the majority of people use hotmail. Inferior or not,it is the number 1 email client out there.

Does it matter what the majority of people use? This thread is about choice! Razz
David_Pardy
Truespeed, do you even KNOW what POP3 and SMTP are?

Gmail is superior to Hotmail in every way - especially in the interface, and definitely not just for techies. I LIKE the way Gmail Talk is SIMPLE, Like I said - it's not a big bloated bubbly pile of crap like MSN messenger. No ads, no garbage, no unnecessary features. The only reason Hotmail is #1 is because IN ITS DAY, Hotmail was the ONLY decent free email system, although it was incredibly slow. It was surpassed in decency by Yahoo LONG ago, and both were succeeded by Gmail. Get more people using Gmail, and it will QUICKLY become the #1 choice for people looking for a free email account.

POP3 and SMTP are protocols to be used for people to access their mail using Thunderbird, Outlook, Eudora, etc. - e-mail clients! Of which Thunderbird is the most superior.
truespeed
Yes i know what pop3 and smtp are,but i dont use thunderbird or outlook,i go straight to webmail via the addys.

Actually i have just seen an article on the net saying yahoo is the most popular webmail service..so i was wrong about hotmail being the most popular.

Quote:
Yahoo Mail, leads the e-mail rankings, recording 42 percent of all visits to mail sites last week, followed by Microsoft's Hotmail with 23 percent. Somewhat surprisingly, new boy MySpace Mail received nearly 20 percent of all mail site visits with Google lagging at the back of the class with just a 2.5 percent share for its Gmail service.
scotty
Google hasn't exactly advertised its service so that may be the reason for it not having a big market share. Then again market share says nothing about the service, we have pretty much concluded that Gmail is the better service.

With regards to those statistics, where are they from (source)?
animassacre
definetly GMAIL. For me it's the best.

Quote:
Google hasn't exactly advertised its service so that may be the reason for it not having a big market share.

they made it like a lagent.--You may wait a week to get your hends on a invitation from somewhere ,but you definetly use it.
David_Pardy
I didn't need an invite from someone else, you can request an invite number be sent to a mobile phone. That's what I did.
Alienz
I had all three of them Wink My first email was Yahoo. It getting alot of junk mail lately. I prefer Gmail and using it as my main email now.
SurBiff
I use hotmail for my junk mail.
and i use a sweedish site <spray.se> because thats my ISP.

but for my every day working e-mail i use Gmail. why?
I like all the features with it, especially Gspace. that i use all the time for minor backups and that sort of stuff Smile
amusic
Yeah......yahoo has a lot of junk mail. I have account for hotmail and gmail as well but I just don't wanna change my email address. Yahoo still is my main email.
Becky
The one that i dislike the most is Yahoo, its boring and in my opinion i think the set up of it is dreadful.

I like Gmail because of Googletalk, Inbox size, avaliability of decent adresses (not needing to hav something like marmite4567654345654@hotmail/yahoo.com , but this is just because its not as big as them 2 companies...), firefox addons, and generally..i like its simpleness.

But i do use Hotmail aswell, been doing so since i was about 11. My hotmail address is the one that i give to everyone, whereas my Gmail one i only give to friends and to official places.

So yeh, i prefer Gmail :]
Lord Klorel
I like Gmail because of the enormous disk space and the flexibility with a e-mail client.
Hotmail as to many errors and the disk space is too small.

Gmail is the best and i would recommend it to everyone who need a e-mailaccount with lots of disk space.
Stlstg
Gmail is definately the best web based email programs I have ever worked with. It's functional and yet simple, and given what I use it for, that's just perfect.
fpsaddict
I prefer neither, I use www.30gigs.com
30 GB of space Wink
darkkllr
Well, I would have to say hotmail because its very easy to use...

Yahoo is pretty easy too.

Does anyone remember when Gmail came out, everyone was soooo scared about "Well if Google's Ad service reads your emails to make ads with the words in the email, they might get into private stuff!"

Well, they dont first of all
And secondly, go to www.gmail.com, look at the space ticker thing. It's going up every second...So no matter how many emails you send, or how big that biology paper attachment was...You'll practically never run out of space.

~darkkllr~
fpsaddict
darkkllr wrote:
Well, I would have to say hotmail because its very easy to use...

Yahoo is pretty easy too.

Does anyone remember when Gmail came out, everyone was soooo scared about "Well if Google's Ad service reads your emails to make ads with the words in the email, they might get into private stuff!"

Well, they dont first of all
And secondly, go to www.gmail.com, look at the space ticker thing. It's going up every second...So no matter how many emails you send, or how big that biology paper attachment was...You'll practically never run out of space.

~darkkllr~

It is virtually impossible to run out of space on www.30gigs.com.
2m4a
ok alls now i will get my opinion on them

my first mail was at hot mail and it size was 2m only and i used it for 5 years then its size come to be 25m for 3 years and now its size is 250m and istill using it becouse it is the first one i used and all friends know his name and all that for free

then i using yahoo mail which he give me 100 mega wow it is agreat space and then it's size become 1giga wowowowowo then i said who want some thing else 1giga for free

and comes later gmial with 2700mega and all option which give you security and no spam and chat from ur mail and all that for free also

put when am going to chat am using my msn account not using yahoo messanger or gmail messanger

couse all my freind know that mail and all my friends using hotmail

but for new user of mail i prefere gmail.
rileyvace
I use hotmail because its linked with MSN/Windows Live messenger, and I created an email account and wheeeey, i'm still using it. I have a yahoo but I dont use it much. And gmail, i just dunno never need a use. Maybe when I have a proper career or something, but now, no.
truespeed
scotty wrote:
Google hasn't exactly advertised its service so that may be the reason for it not having a big market share. Then again market share says nothing about the service, we have pretty much concluded that Gmail is the better service.

With regards to those statistics, where are they from (source)?

Source

Is is dated may 22 this year,so perhaps the percentages have changed slightly since then.

Also,for everyone saying hotmail has only 250mb space,beta version of the new hotmail live,is 2gb.

PS: *Junk* ive never had a single junk mail in my gmail,wether thats because i never use it or just because its junk filter is good i dunno.

Yahoo i get lots of junk,they all go to the junk box,but still i dont use it very often,and can find as many as 30 after only a couple of weeks

Hotmail,isnt too bad for junk,i rarely get any,maybe one or 2 a week if that.
-SonyGamer
I use Hotmail the most and like it the most. However, I am impressed with Yahoo's new e-mail system, pretty advanced and cooler.
rhathar
Gmail by far. I hate having to go to a page log in, and then find the tiny button 'Inbox' in some corner before I wait for /another/ page to load with ads before I can look at my email.

Gmail is a basic, beautiful interface. It saves drafts of e-mails WHILE you write them. You can IM from the window without opening up other crap.

I love it. My Yahoo! account that I used for years is the one I give to companies, now.
shamil
I prefer gmail. It is faster in response and has more functionalities.
eLto
Gmail. reasons?

2.5 GB of storage and counting.
10MB attachment limit
pop3 support
great spam filter
simple layout (complete with even more simple html layout, in case your browser doesn't support it)
GTalk implemented in the mail.
archives.
Well-organized messages (e.g: mails replied stay in tabs under each other)
quick load.
no registration, all invitations. That way, you wont have to deal with the number of mail bots.

That do it?
wendy86
I prefere to use yahoo mail.... coz it easy to use
The Phoenix
do u even hav 2 ask??
obviously gmail...
i mean 3 GB of space thats gotta say it all man..

Cool
Phoenix has logged out...
fpsaddict
The Phoenix wrote:
do u even hav 2 ask??
obviously gmail...
i mean 3 GB of space thats gotta say it all man..

Cool
Phoenix has logged out...

Hehe, If you're looking for the interface/space of Gmail, get a www.30gigs.com email.
You get 30 GB of space. That's gotta say it all man...
Rad Ultima 2
I use Yahoo! simply because I have been using them since I discovered the internet, I hate to switch email addresses and notify people, and they scan all files with the latest Norton software for security.
jongoldsz
Gmail.

Almost 3GB of space and it includes a built in Google Talk. Though, I'm getting increased spam everyday. XD.
snowboardude
gmail:

its better in every way.
silverandgreeneyes
G-mail is my friend. Easy to read your emails not to mention not a bunch of random ads cluttering the screen. If anyone wants an invite just ask.
Kaisonic
I pay eight bucks a year for my domain hosted here at FriHost, and just use the built-in email on DirectAdmin. It gives me POP access with my own domain, so I can just download my email to my computer, which relieves any space taken up on the web server for email. It's all too awesome. Also, I can have as many names as I want on my domain, and I can even make up fake names for signing up in random places. Usually, sites block the free email providers for this exact reason, but because no one's ever heard of my domain (and I'm the only one that uses it) they have no reason to block my address anywhere. It's awesome! Screw free email providers! I've got my own email! MUHAHAHA!!! *runs away laughing maniacally*
Tatsumaru
I just use hotmail because it's the most simpel one, and I've had it for a while now. I don't feel like signing up for anything else, hotmail is just fine.
xyweb
I prefer GMAIL ...... Very Happy
fpsaddict
xyweb wrote:
I prefer GMAIL ...... Very Happy

Please state why, just saying 'I prefer GMAIL' is spam.
Temple Of Wisdom
I have used all of these. Yahoo i never log into, its just my sign up for free stuff ect. email address. Hotmail i use my school email acount and msn messagenger. Gmail is the main email account i use. In my opinion IT IS the best free browser based email service. I mean come on its from google. I hae the GNotifier on my desktop so i know when i have a new email. and with the space that gmail provides i never have to delete emails. I have had to go back and look up old emails and i like that i can do that.
quartz
I was used yahoo and other web and pop mail boxes until i found GMAIL. Now i have only one mailbox and im very happy about it Smile
fooch
hotmail by far!!
insolent1
i am using yahoo and hotmail. I am accustomed to yahoo much more than hotmail.Yahoo is better i think.
THE11thROCK™
Gmail simply rules! And the POP3 and other features of Gmail are truly astounding. However, the new Yahoo Beta is pretty slick looking so I may have to test and gauge it firsthand. Very Happy
James007
- Topic moved from General Chat to Websites.
- First post cleaned
- Topic "stickified".
Manofgames
Gmail every time.

a) can use pop with it

b) its FREE

c) easy to use

d) I like google

e) it makes me feel special, knowing not everyone can get it
Manofgames
Kaisonic wrote:
I pay eight bucks a year for my domain hosted here at FriHost, and just use the built-in email on DirectAdmin. It gives me POP access with my own domain, so I can just download my email to my computer, which relieves any space taken up on the web server for email. It's all too awesome. Also, I can have as many names as I want on my domain, and I can even make up fake names for signing up in random places. Usually, sites block the free email providers for this exact reason, but because no one's ever heard of my domain (and I'm the only one that uses it) they have no reason to block my address anywhere. It's awesome! Screw free email providers! I've got my own email! MUHAHAHA!!! *runs away laughing maniacally*

get google apps on your domain.

same, butter gmail on your domain Very Happy
Diablosblizz
Though how much I love Gmail, I would have to say Hotmail.

Why Hotmail?

1. Windows Live E-mail design template
2. Its Fast
3. I got my username that I wanted

Why NOT GMail?

1. Ugly
2. Its not as fast as Hotmail
3. I did NOT get my username that I wanted.

Though I do like the free space, I would find hotmail overall better.
evanct
gmail. because it has huge capacity. oh and its google, google is good. heh
jeet
Gmail ofcourse.

Reasons :

Huge capacity (2.5GB and growing !!)
Quite fast
Pop facility

Moreover, other google apps like Gtalk (VOIP is very clear in Gtalk).
Google Desktop, Picasa .... plus 'n' number of apps by google except google operating system.
legion
i use yahoo ... i like how it looks and it's loading fast Very Happy
FunDa
I use Gmail and I like it...

But I recently saw that Gmail chat doesn't work on Win 98 computers (yes, there are computer which still use Win 9Cool

I really would like for all the email accounts to have built in chat thingy like Gmail has ... makes things a lot easier ...
PunisherLee
gmail

i like the google company so i love all their products

although i got a hotmail account
defnet
I use GMAIL, HOTMAIL and YAHOO!
I preffer:
HOTMAIL -- for MSN (instant messaging)
YAHOO -- for mailing friends and family and signup stuff
GMAIL -- for bussiness and work-related things

Why:
HOTMAIL -- MSN is widely used
YAHOO -- I've been usin it ever since for this purpose and now I am in love with the new layout...
GMAIL -- it sounds better to give a biz card with ..@gmail.com rather than ..@yahoo.com since people are LESS prone to do biz with yaHOOLIGANS!!! Very Happy
Scorpio
I use email IDs with 3 sites:

1. Yahoo! - Basically for all the crap like registrations in sites i visit or simply other stuff which would invite spam.

2. Hotmail: Simply for chatting and also for microsoft related work using the .net passport

3. Gmail: All my personal mail
The-Master
Well I like mail.com for its cool addresses. Also Gmail and my ISP service mail service.
This is a major subliminal message. Please email me if you find it as I think it is really cool. My email address is the-master@supanet.com Anyway Congratulations if you found this as I really did think that no one would ever find it and it would be one of those things on the Internet that no one will ever find like one of those free sites that no one ever visits. Not like ones made on this site they are cool!!! I love this site and thanks for it.
<h1>
GMAIL owns all free emails.. i can't remember what life was like before gmail.. 5mb space? Shocked I store all important info in my gmail and acessing it is as easy as a quick search.. and i never have to delete anything.. Gtalk integration is also pretty rad as well.. I have to say Gmail is the absolute coolest free service it really helps me organize everything.
dmntr
Google mail and google mail it is the best of the best))
pluppen_2
Hotmail for the win Smile.
Its very nice.
But i got som spam mailes.
But not so mutch.
I recommoned hotmail.
8/10..
PenBuddy
I like Hotmail best but i also have my own email service which is linked with my website so i think that that is great aswell, lol.

If anyone wants to create their own email service i suggest www.everyone.net or www.zzn.com
©Wolfie
Hey everybody,

I use hotmail because I need it for MSN, but Gmail is better...
I know!
But, I have the dutch internet connection with XS4all, and that's the best
mail ever!

Greetz,
©Wolfie
jayrelle
I prefer yahoo because here in the Philippines, almost all people uses yahoo. Wink
onlybooks
I prefers HOTMAIL IT's Easy to use and help to avoid junk mail effectively and now it also provides large space....... Very Happy
Alias
I prefer to use Yahoomail and Hotmail. Because its easy to use and simple, plus I use MSN Messenger and Yahoo messenger.
catscratches
I'm using Hotmail so that I can use MSN. And it works very well so I'm not in the mood of changing.
keshav123ks
Man the best.. email i have ever used is in hotmail.. Man they provide so much of security and so fast customer service.. I really like themm... The other email providers is gmail which is also quite good when compared to yahoo... Man u know once my account was hacked i mean in hotmail but when i contacted the customer care of hotmail they immmediately operated on my email and got me back the account.. Many Many thanks to them....
bcarasco
I have two preferred email providers, G-mail and AOL myEaddress

Let's start off with Gmail:

• It's fast to send & receive messages.
  • It's accessable through POP and SMTP so you can access it from programs such as Outlook and Windows Live Mail
  • It has a nice web interface which allows you to use AJAX to automatically update your number of messages
  • It has an amazing spam filter; I never get spam in my inbox, and I never get mail I want in the spam folder.

Now onto AOL myeAddress (domains.aol.com):

• The main reason why I like this email provider is because of the fact you can get a free email address at any domain you like for example I got byron@byronlc.com.
  • I've noticed it has kind of slow mail receiving (about as slow as hotmail)
  • The web interface is ok
  • It too is accessible through email programs through IMAP and SMTP protcols
  • Soon going to the domain, will take you to the AIM Pages for the user that you sign up with.
nhlarry
Gmail, because its a Google service! also but of the space, look, and limited ads.
cr3ativ3
I would have to say GMAIL all the way. Gmail gives you 2.8 gigs and counting, now I have two email accounts one with rogers yahoo a local company and gmail on my rogers yahoo account I have signed up for the same amount of stuff if not less and I get about 10 spam emails a week in gmail I have never gotten spam and non of the email have ever been blocked in gmail.

So gmail is the best if you can find someone to send you an invite. I personal like the invitation system it helps prevent gmail from getting people that make and account then never use it.
aradot
Yahoo!Laughing
I'm using yahoo since 4 years ago I didn't have any problem with it.
billybob
Why do people keep saying that they use hotmail because they use msn messenger?? I use my gmail email address as my msn user name.
I thought it was widely known that you don't need an hotmail account to use msn messenger?
chastise
I really want to use Gmail. But to sign up, you need a cell phone and they only send the text message to a few countries, Canada excluded. I hope they get it working in Canada soon.
billybob
chastise wrote:
I really want to use Gmail. But to sign up, you need a cell phone and they only send the text message to a few countries, Canada excluded. I hope they get it working in Canada soon.

Rolling Eyes you don't need a mobile phone to get gmail all you need is an invite if you need an invite just pm me with your email address and i will send you one...
surdy
I use Gmail. It has all the features i need and that too for free. Moreover i love the innovative and simple design Gmail.

Feautepacked , user friendly , spaciaos , fast ...all this for no cost what more can i ask for.

Just one downside is that it does not allow exe attachments ( which i have to send quite often).
LostOverThere
I use GMail because:

1) It actually blocks spam.

2) Unlike Hotmail, it doesnt mark important stuff as Spam.

3) Google Made it, and Microsoft didn't.

4) It has a shorter name then Hotmail (Can you think of writting @hotmail.com all the time? Insane!).

5) I said so. Smile
lepris
I use several free of charge mail services.
The worldwide one is GMAIL:
+ great functionality, look and feel
+ the option of grouping messages by assigning them a label is just perfect
+ I love the way it organizes history of answers to messages in tabs
+ The contact list with notification of availability is something great.

- disadvantages :
- size of a single message is limited to 4mb.

The other services I use, that are available in Poland:
www.o2.pl , www.onet.pl, www.gazeta.pl.
I use these since I can send larger messages.
dakotali
I use mostly Yahoo, then Hotmail comes, then Gmail. I think among them Yahoo is the best, and it is faster. However, the beta version is not so good. Hotmail increased the mail quata very late, therefore gave up using it. Gmail searches my e-mails and after applying some information-retriaval techniques chooses the related advertisement with my interest. Fot this reason I do not use it for important things.
heridlia
I use gmail.

Reliable, big storage (and still growing), spam filter, chat feature, fast, etc.

Thanks.
mensun
I prefer yahoo mail. It seems u can use ur user id at many yahoo services. N yahoo rocks because it is free too.
izhar_saifi
In my view....Go East or West Google is best...bcz I love it's services Wink
nobita123
Gmail
its number one
chrismen
I can't believe there are so many of you that don't use gmail. It is so good. Most space, best spam filtering, can receive and send emails from different email addresses, pop3, no huge ads, etc. etc. etc.
Echo Printer
I have a Live Hotmail account, but Gmail look is just cleaner looking and without all of those ads flashing at the top of your Inbox. I like the company Google. I wish they'd put out an open source OS that would rival Vista and Mac as far as usability and "eye candy"....that'd be cool. Razz
Yanyan
I've used both Gmail and Hotmail before and I have to say I prefer hotmail. I find it easier to access and although it gives me less space than gmail, the 100m I get is plenty for me.

I don't see how anyone can use up so much space!!
slchap5
i use Gmail because it gives me the most space with the least hastle. With hotmail it was loaded with ads and was slow. was a bit hard to use, but with gmail it seems all clean cut and easy to use, plus it has i crap load of space to put what ever you like
stojanovic_ivo
I use Yahoo , probably because I use it already 6 years...I have an gmail account to and I think that these 2 are definetely the best free e-mail services!
tones
I like gmail....its easy to use and access, with one click so don't have to navigate through pages, chats and popups to see if I have mail..I do not have the vast knowledge of most in these forums so for me simple is best Wink
ridzuan
I use Hotmail, with the new feature,, all unknown mail will automatically go to junkmail.. and you need to allow the email address if the email from junkmail is not the SPAM Mail.
phil-k
I prefer Yahoo because more convenient and fast. There are some bugs on Gmail in my computer. Sometimes it doesn't start.
cannabis
I prefere Hotmail becouse it's HOT Cool
minik
I like Hotmail and Gmail because they are both quite efficient. GMAIL allows you to chat instantly online and MSN kind of speaks for itself. I don't think I have ever properly used Yahoo! Mail.
karatatar
I prefer Gmail because it doesn’t have annoying flash ads or banners, only text ads. Gmail is faster than others.
ashish2005
I have used yahoomail, hotmail and gmail and I still have accounts on these three. The first one I used was yahoomail and then I switched to hotmail because of the msn messenger. I then switched to gmail because of the huge space it provided when yahoo and hotmail did not. I still use gmail because of the space and it's layout.
chastise
Gmail, for sure. I don't recieve spam. Hotmail, on the other hand, I get a large amount of spam daily. I personally don't like yahoo, because it takes too long to make an email I like. And I don't receive emails if it is sent to yahoo.COM, instead of yahoo.CA, which is kind of irritating. Other mail services, to me, just receive mail too slowly.
Woutan
Gmail have 2gm space and so little spam, good design, fast

Mail.com is good foe choosing domain names like: (yourname@dr.com, yourname@japan.com, and more)
dayveday
Absolutely has to be Gmail!

Just fantastic. Huge amounts of space, great spam filter (not a single false positive yet, and almost all spam caught), and such an intuitive interface. I also love that Gmail lets me use all my email accounts from the one place (I receive and send emails from my other addresses).
lpstong
I prefer Yahoo. But I do also have a Gmail as well. I do like Gmails archiving and huge amount of storage. Their systems is nice if you have bought a domain with them as well as their hosting. A one stop for everything they have including for adwords, adsense and analytics.
matti05
I like Gmail.com though since a short time there account beguile. Does not have spam a lot too and it is a lot place too. Interface has in many languages also.
Edas
I prefer Gmail!

2.5 GB of storage and counting.
10MB attachment limit
pop3 support
great spam filter
simple layout (complete with even more simple html layout, in case your browser doesn't support it)
GTalk implemented in the mail.
archives.
Well-organized messages (e.g: mails replied stay in tabs under each other)
quick load.
no registration, all invitations. That way, you wont have to deal with the number of mail bots.
knightandre
I use Gmail. Unlike Yahoo! and Hotmail, they aren't trying to make me upgrade, remind me of my account limitations, etc. Lots of space, works with my mail client. Never had a problem.
froginabox
I use a LOT of free mails.... keeps me organized when I can have one forum go to one account and one forum go to the other.

The majority are gmails, because of the huge storage space, great interface, and easy use. I have one yahoo, and a few from a service called Bluebottle that are pretty reliable.
ren_sierra
yahoo! I've been using it forever...
Flakky
It is definately Hotmail, the only problem I encounteered was that I could not receive more than 17000 emails (although my inbox still had 20% free).
sambhav
According to me Gmail is the best but I also have an account in rediffmail.com which provides unlimited space.
FunDa
rediffmail reads you links. It changes the links in your email so that it becomes something like http://www.rediffmail.com/cgi-bin/red.cgi?isImage=0&BlockImage=0&red=http://www.fundazone.com
when the original thing is just www.fundazone.com

I don't like that. They force you to go through redirect. Maybe it's to check for phishing or whatever, but they do it without telling you.

Also, I had many emails being lost on the way to my rediffmail . And some turn up hours after they are sent.
For me, Gmail is the best yet. Cool
smartpandian
Gmail has changed the free Email service by thousand times better than any other service..

Its Gmail that turned everyone in providing GBs of space in Free mail service..

More over, Gmail is adding more and more features at rapid speed..

Orkut has crossed 5 billion users , it mainly because of Google..

The People say , Google were peaking in into the data..
not only them.. its every one.. looking for data from other's life.. Even Fri host.. that makes running the business possible..

and they dont do any illegal business...
kitsune-fansub
Loghete wrote:
GMail, by far.

I like GMAIL because:

1.) It's free.

make this words me!

gmail is the best mail free!
pirki
I prefer Gmail, because you can use your Gmail Login for all Google Functions. The next thing is the huge space you have and the great spam filters.
hiquality
In my opinion Google came up a lot during the last years.
I'll ty to make a comparison between Gmail and Yahoo e-mail providers ( free version)

GMAIL
+pop3 access /forwarding
+lots of storage space
+Few ads and most of them text
+no removing of all emails after a period of inactivity

-attachment size limited to 10 Megs
-No possiblity to open several e-mails at a time(using tabs)
-not possible to send .exe files ( verry annoying )

YAHOO

+Possiblity to open several e-mails at a time(using tabs in the new interface)

-lots of ads
-removing e-mails after a period of inactivity (no loggin in)
-attachment size limited
-no pop3 in free version

You can do the sum of this and see wich is best for you...I already made up my mind on this Smile
web-geek
I use Gmail.

i like it because it was the first email that had huge ammount of space. i just stuck with it then... the conversations that gmail puts the emails in is really neat
cosmicx
I like to use Gmail service, it is free and good search capability.
Besides that, the interface looks easy and simple, and the emails or conversations are well-managed...
Siddhesh
I prefer Gmail for communication. I have Yahoo! mail account too but i switched over to Gmail for its sheer capacity. newly released Yahoo! mail beta version is quite good in terms of GUI but its rather slow.
jffclncs
I have accounts in Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo.
My favorite is Yahoo is the only one ive never had problems with.

In hotmail the inbox i had always a problem where when i delete a message or see a message it took minutes to refresh the inbox page and the messages deleted still apeared there. Or sending a message sometimes appeared the message couldn been sent but it was sent. I guess its because its the main used worldwide and has lots of net traffic.

I love the new format of Yahoo its easy to manage and fast to use.

I have like 4 months with gmail and at the moment i havent had problems i think this service will rock too.
anita
I prefer Yahoo because of familiarity. I've been using it for so many years, it is so familiar. I recently started using gmail, and it's fine. After reading the other posts about why people prefer gmail, makes me think I better learn about the features, since I didn't realize it had any additional features over Yahoo. I'm also in several yahoo groups, so I NEED the email to go along with that... but yes, there are also google groups. Anita
classical_c
Is there really that much differance between them all? I use hotmail only because that is what I have always used. I don't know maybe gmail would be beter because anything by the google corperation is always great. But for the purposes I use it for talking to my friend and things hotmail it just plain and simple and is used by veryone else too.
CT93
I don't really have a favourite out of the free email providers. Windows Live Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail are all uniquely good services... and I have accounts for each of them.

One thing I do like about Gmail is the ability to access the messenger service from the internet, instead of being forced to download it.

Yahoo! is good because of its layout. It is very similar to Microsoft Outlook, and Windows Mail.

Windows Live Messenger is good because it has the same layout as all of the Vista Microsoft Office programs. Once you click on the logo, a number of options are given - just like in Word, Excel, etc.

So I don't have a favourite - they are all as good as each other. Smile
icedrakon
Try this one www.inbox.com
dinael
I prefer Gmail, although I'm forced to have an account in Hotmail too.
sigh Confused
anonymous21
I'm more to yahoo. It's because when I started to have my own e-mail, my aunt told me to sign in Yahoo... So, I lived with it for... 5 years.

For me, Yahoo would the option.
shkumbin
anonymous21 wrote:
I'm more to yahoo. It's because when I started to have my own e-mail, my aunt told me to sign in Yahoo... So, I lived with it for... 5 years.

For me, Yahoo would the option.

Same here, my first e-mail account (or for that matter my first web site that I saw was Yahoo.com), so I have been using them since then, I like it, a lot of nice features, unlimited space, just the graphical ads are a bit annoying, but I'm used to ignore them. I also have an Hotmail account just so I can use messenger with my friends, because it's so popular here and joined Gmail just for the fast transfer of big attachments Smile
FunDa
Hotmail is too bloated for slow internet connections like mine. And I cannot still figurwe out how to set up mail filters in Yahoo.

So , my choice is Gmail.

But I do have accounts at all three to communicate to all my friends. But, anyway, hotmail / msn is being integrated with yahoo .

And Google uses the open Jabber protocol, so it connects to a zillion other chat services.

Just waiting for Google and Yahoo to partner up in messaging / chatting atleast Wink
nivinjoy
In my opinion Gmail,developed by the Internet Giant GOOGLE is the best mail service that the internet world have ever seen.....They provide a whopping 2GB space and remember that its still increasing....and i have
felt the ad free environment gives a neat and executive feel for the users
that they are using a Premium service like one given by Yahoo etc...
But you guys please also check this mail service also.That is mail service
provided by www.inbox.com They too boast of a 2 GB space and
they too have an ad free environment....Thus these two mail services have turned out to be my favoutites...But still i dont hate Yahoo and Hotmail...But hopes they too start giving their users ad free environment for free of cost....I am looking forward to that.....
Urban
I use Hotmail and Gmail, Hotmail for my msn and Gmail for my personnal e-mail just for important things.

I hate Yahoo and well I hate every Yahoo service .. Dunno why Rolling Eyes
djcaution
Hotmail for the win, DUH...
nivinjoy
Guerrilla Mail provides you with disposable e-mail addresses which gets expired just after 15 minutes.You can receieve,read and reply to e-mail that are sent to the temporary e-mail addresses within the given time frame.
soulery
I use the mail service on my site hosted on FriHost. It's awesome.

But I still use my hotmail account so I can use MSN messenger
gerpg
I prefer gmail.

Gmail is a new system and has only just come out of its beta period but is already excelling in the majority of areas.
you can:
- setup pop3 and smtp access.
- setup remote accounts
- setup forwarding emails etc.
- setup filters
- block unwanted emailers and report spam

gmail automatically can group emails into predifined labels, and groups all emails together so that you dnt have to go searching through your history to find the last email that person sent.

Gmail also has a little over 2.5Gb of free storage and will send up to 10Mb attachments.

Gmail has a inbuilt spam system and it gets a fair amount of the spam out of your inbox but still allows you to view it under the 'spam' tab.

Gmail also has a fully inbuilt chat system, although very limited atm and only allows text, audio and file transfers it is still a great way to contact friends, gmail also logs all conversations and saves them to another tab under the 'chats' tab.

These are my reasons for choosing gmail.

Louis.
alem
my choice is Yahoo!. Because i have an yahoo account may be for 5 years and everyone knows my yahoo mail address. in fact i want gmail and i also have gmail but i forgot my password... Smile
ftv_flung
I use GMail, Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail - all for different purposes, and here they are...

GMail
I use for personal emails and it's my primary one.
The pages load fast and it doesn't have to refresh the browser or change pages to see a new message.
I LOVE the keyboard shortcuts and use them ALL the time!
I have about 6 accounts with GMail - to work with different projects and websites I create. haha
The space is fantastic and I also love using the Filters and Labels - SOOO useful!

Hotmail
I've had my Hotmail account since I was about 10, so nearly 7 years.
I only really use it for MSN, but occasionally check it when WLM (windows live messenger) tells me there's a new email and it's either spam or an email asking if I want to join a *new* social network.
It loads slowly, especially the "Live Hotmail" one, which is what I "upgraded" to.

Yahoo! Mail
Again, I rarely use this.
The account was given to me by a friend after he gave up being webmaster for a band website. I still have the account and the band is still going!
I use the account for using Yahoo! Answers and nothing else really.
Same as Hotmail, a bit sluggish.

Blue Bottle
I use this for things like Second Life and other stuff that I don't like people Googling etc. Totally different alias etc.
Sometimes a bit complicated, but useful nonetheless and excellent spam filter!

So that's me!
hempparulaa
Well i am using Hotmail AND Gmail but personally i like Hotmail better, because it's working together well with Messenger.
bantoo_4u
Gmail no doubt about that...

gmail makes all other look like they belong to previous generation...
FunDa
The reason I like an email service is not because of its size.

It's because of its spam filtering, Labelling of messages, ease of forwarding to and from other email accounts, and things like other services with the same login,

And, of course - less ads.

I use Gmail most often. Hotmail I find to be more bandwidth demading than Gmail - I'm not sure though, sometimes Gmail takes quite a long time to load.

Rediffmail is absolutely a waste of time !!!!

They send you junk mail and you cannot label them as spam. And sometime, they don't even deliver some mail - lost in cyberspace I think. And most emails come very late. All this with a claim to give you unlimited storage space !!! Who needs unlimited storage if it doesn't even work ?????
soulery
I used to use gmail, but now I use http://ownemail.com/ and it has a bunch of different domains to choose.
rurouni
i prefer GMail, because it has lots of features that im using it like iGoggle Very Happy
the-guide
I've heard many well story about Gmail, but I have never try using it because now I have Yahoo and Hotmail that I thing enough for me. However, I prefer to use many other service from Google like iGoogle, Google Reader, Google Suggest and etc. They are very useful services.

Sincerely'
R. Apichart
bloodrider
I have some emails, but the one that I prefer is Gmail, the reasons were stated here by many, I will not repeat them Wink
Other email that I really like to use (although they have some pub, but I get used to it) is my_name@email.com from www.mail.com. I use it more for professional things, and it is always fun to see people face when I say my email Laughing More simply to remember you ca not get Exclamation
patasarriba
I prefer care2.com. The actual e-mail service itself isn't the best but still is helpful, and you can have your POP accounts delivered there too. I use it because they donate their profits to wildlife NGOs. They also have really good e-cards and a ton of other stuff on their website. Another good one is PlanetSave.com.
Damarus
I like Yahoo and net.hr freemail. Both are gr8, but i like net.hr more becuse it's simple and really fast to use.
Shewolf
dinael wrote:
I prefer Gmail, although I'm forced to have an account in Hotmail too.
sigh Confused

You and me both...
And I have a yahoo account for use on places where I'd rather kept my email to myself.
vicarious
I use Gmail. I like the POP connection support for my local client. Hotmail caused me all kinds of problems as I do not use IE. I do not know if this is still a problem, but that is why I left this account to the spam hyenas over 10 years ago. I used to have an obscure host from Malaysia (www iklahs .com email) for a long time, but they went went out of business finally. I liked it due to the lack of spam because no one had heard of them. I got almost no mass mailings. Gmail is my 1st tier account (for spam and general online use) and I use my ISP account for friends and people I know I want to do business with if they don´t spam my Gmail acct. It works out pretty good. I also like the fact that I can sign up for a million email subscriptions and search them when I want something (they are usually on software I use) and ignore the rest. I sure one day I will get desperate and use an online gif conversion tool or something else that seems innocent enough and the hyenas will find me and I will have to dump it, but lets hope not. Its been good to me thus far.
gibbo
well i preffer hotmail simply because all my other friends did, i have recently opend a gmail acount for the hell of it when i decided to get google ad sense, never tried yahoo dont really want to either iv seen other people using it but i think i will always stick with hotmail, dont see the point in changeing anyway i only use gmail for things that i may get spam for. i dont really like this new hotmail live though its just as bad as vista itself seems to me microsoft is going down hill by focusing to much on design, i hate the new hotmail feature as every time you get an email it says this may not be safe click here safe : not safe and the images e.t.c dont show up till you mark its safe.

o yea and another thing am i the only one that gets spamed the hell out of within a night on gmail about every to days i will have 200 spamed emails.
BLAK
I am also using Hotmail, but I have email accounts in Yahoo, Onet.pl, Wp.pl as well.
FunDa
The good thing about Gmail is that all the Spam goes straight to the Spam folder.

And Gmail has labels instead of just folders, so u can give many categoriees to the same email and sort them well..

The new Windows live takes too much time to load and the interface is not that good either.

Stay away from rediffmail, it sometimes delays your incoming emails for several hours.. ANd it changes all the liks to go through it.
iamarun
Right now i am using Hotmail and am still in search of a secure e-mail service. I heard about gmail being a very secure e-mail service provider. I also have my account in gmail.

May be i will continue to use my hotmail account and also use gamil.
ileuriza
Yahoo!

hands up!

nice interface
swizzy
i use, and stick to gmail... the new gmail (gmail 2.0) is especially cool, intuitive and faster

advantages:
uncluttered
no reloads
unique features

disadvantages:
bit slow...
smartpandian
Nowadays.. All free emails were good...
Even Hotmail is not left behind..
but one has to stick with one...

I use Gmail .. because of its ability to extract mails from other pop3 mails + email Forwarding option..
guissmo
I think I'd go with Gmail. Yahoo and Hotmail doesn't appeal that much to me.

GMail has big space, neat interface, 'fast' reaction times, etc.
johnBdoe
I have upgraded my hotmail account to "Live Hotmail". I found that it is really annoying whenever opening an email with attachements, pictures or links because the new Hotmail will block them and requires additional click on the "Show Content" link. Is this a good way to tackle malicious email?! I doubt so. Before the upgrade, Hotmail will redirect user to another page to download attachments, which is an additional step for the user. I reckon that it should be done in a page for ease of use.

But then again since I have been using MSN messenger heavily, it is now a habit for me to use Hotmail more than gmail or yahoo although gmail seems to have a neater interface and good usability. I guess Microsoft monopoly tactics works one way or another.
maruthi_gow
I USE GMAIL AND YAHOO.
BUT GMAIL IS EASIER TO USE..
SMOOTH..
I DON GET SPAMS AS MUCH AS I DID IN YAHOO...
James007
Poll added.
eXon3
Well, I guess the best e-mail service for me is Gmail. I used to have problems with Hotmail, so I moved to Gmail. Plus, all my friends have a Gmail account so we can chat amongst ourselves using the browser chat. It's the fastest and the most secure of all free e-mail services I know. And the greatest thing about it is that the volume of the mail box always keeps growing. Smile
catscratches
I used to have hotmail, but then someone gave me a tip about Gmail. I wasn't too quick on the bite, I couldn't think of anything that could be really better, I mean, it's just mail. But when I got it, everything was Perfect, simple and useful design, quick loaded, good conversation system, GTalk, Everything was perfect.
frih
i prefer gmail and yahoo.

but you can try www.rediff.com, www.indiatimes.com . they also provide good email services with unlimited space
FunDa
frih wrote:
i prefer gmail and yahoo.

but you can try www.rediff.com, www.indiatimes.com . they also provide good email services with unlimited space

Rediff had major problems with mail delivery.

I had to wait hours before I could receive my registration confirmation mail on some sites.

Really got on my nerves.

Another very bad thing that rediff does is that it changes all links in your mail to rediff mail . com /cout.php?Your link.

So all your links go through rediff beofre they let you open it. Why ?? maybe it's for catching Phishing sites but I don't see google doing that. Rediff is spying on me.

Also, recently my Yahoo email account has been receving truckloads of Spam(in my inbox)
Google receives a modest amount of spam, but everything goes into the spam bin. Yahoo doesn't learn even after receiving the same spam over and over
MeddlingMonk
I use Gmail, mainly for three reasons:
1) The space
2) I can link my other email accounts to it
3) The spam filtering

So far, I have rarely had any spam mails in my inbox (in fact, I can only remember one instance in the past two years) and rarely any proper mail ends up in spam (occasionally a newsletter ends up there). I find the ability to access my other email accounts useful, as I have one for my Internet access, one for my webhosting and one for business. I simply link them all into Gmail, allowing me to access all of them at the same time from anywhere. The large amount of space means I don't have to worry about running out of space, as I do with my other accounts (so I can archive things from my other accounts that I want to keep, but don't have the space for in the rather limited storage of my other accounts).
ftv_flung
I have loads of GMail accounts for different stuff, and it's my personal favourite.

One feature that I discovered last year, that I really like is that if someone sends you an MP3 in an email as an attachment, you can play it in a "Google Video Player-like" player by just clicking the file! It just opens in a small window.

I also have 1 hotmail account, a Bluebottle email too.
Crinoid
I had never heard about Gmail before, worth to check Very Happy .

So far I'm using (and like them) operamail.com and FastMail.
1. Opera (provided by the same company, as the Opera browser) is reliable and spam free, unlike other services I used. And really user friendly.
But it hasn't Spam/Junk folder, and during subscription for a my previous host, the confirmation email was lost with no possibility to find it.

2. FastMail is very different from usual email providers, but so far is very reliable and spam free too.
uninverted
http://www.fastmail.fm/
They've got a nice clean interface, no spam, and basically just get out of the way.
mazito
i voted for gmail, because is easy, have a lot of space, and is fast, and have many services correlated that is amaizing

Shocked
adri
I voted for hotmail ( Cool ) because it's easy in use, but has also many features and most important of all, is the messenger all my friends have hotmail so if I wanna stay in contact I almost need to have hotmail.

Adri Cool
zjosie729
I like Gmail because:
1. it is faster than many other ones (I have a slow computer)
2. it has a plain and simple interface
3. I like the way I can organize emails with it
MythicalFault
I prefer gmail because I've never had to deal with any spam at all. Its also very easy to keep up with important emails, and I don't have to worry so much about keeping my inbox clean because there's just so much space. Gmail is a wonderful service altogether.
filet
the funny thing i use all the above options for mailing for different target audience, i like best yahoo maybe because i'm checked my email from there mostly
Rajiev
another GMailer here Cool

But i use yahoo too Embarassed
Most Indians say that Yahoo is kinda slow and buggy in India. But no such difference in Lanka Very Happy

I like Gmail mainly cos of the add free thing. What a relief compared to yahoo's mail in adds Very Happy

Both of them are having there pros and cons. But i can't really understand the Hotmailers Confused
SonLight
uninverted wrote:
http://www.fastmail.fm/
They've got a nice clean interface, no spam, and basically just get out of the way.

I agree. I prefer to use fastmail myself. I am reluctant to depend too much on Google, even though I have a Gmail account. They simply know too much about me, and I'm sure someday I'll have to kill them Laughing .

There are a couple of restrictions on Fastmail. You have to have an ISP email account to sign up, although they may have other/better methods of verifying you're a real person by now. They will suspend or delete free accounts if you aren't regularly active. I paid a one-time fee for them because I thought they were well worth it, but even now I could lose the account if I don't use it for a few months.
Faraz
Gmail is the best! It's fast, you don't have to delete your emails, and I like the way it shows the replies in a chat style.
smasha
Gmail hands down, its only getting better with googles other intergrated services.
Horizon
Well I see email as just a way to communicate. As long as there is an easy-to-use email host, then they'd get my vote.

But my parents used Hotmail, and I decided to use it as well, seeing as they didn't have any problems with it.
inganta_tarigan
I have using gmail for more than 4 years. Because its support pop3.
My secondary email is yamil. Free email service from yahoo.co.id. This provider also support pop3 mail.
Kekku
I prefer Hotmail, and Netti.fi which is one of Finland greats e-mail sites.
scbrazil
I have used Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo!.
Yahoo is BY FAR and away the best free email site today. It has improved immensely since some of these posts. Unlimited storage, inbuilt chat (MSN compatible), good anti-spam, download all photos as a rar file, upload five photos at a time, tabbed usage, free throw-away addresses etc etc. No comparison.
teaminfamous
gmail is the best Smile
smasha
gmail all the way.
buyudunyasitr
ý usu hotmail, yahoo, gmail but ý like hotmail
GiocoDigitale
I've tried many mail, but my favourite one is Yahoo
eldietro
Grown up with Hotmail and still using it! Enough space for me, handy and fast! Everything I need, so Smile
mgeek
2m4a wrote:

Gmail. It doesn't spam like Hotmail. It loads faster on my browser than Yahoo.
gcaughill
2m4a wrote:

Obviously GMAIL.

A number of reasons:

1. It was first to offer large amounts of storage space.
2. The brand is better than Yahoo/MSN amongst programmers. (better to have a @gmail.com address.)
3. It has great features.
Sami
i have hotmail. haven't tried any else email... hotmail is good enough even for a Donkey.. ;D Exclamation Exclamation
Lily
I've got hotmail/windows live mail, it's not very fantastic but it's handy if you like to use wlm messenger.
ProfessorY91
Gmail. It is by far the most powerful (integrated chat, server space, speed, uptime, reliability), customizable (filters, lables), accessible (POP3, forwarding) free online email service availible.

I will now refute the arguments of the Yahoo/Hotmail addicts.

Security:
Gmail does have a virus scanner, and a very very efficient spam filter. If a message contains a harmful attachment, or suspected attachment - it is caught, and left on the server. Gmail also has the option to block images from certain emails or mailinglists - pretty stringent security if you ask me.

Space:
I have 7255MB of storage, you pitiful losers jumping for joy now that Yahoo/Hotmail has 2GB... utilizing the freeware program called Gmail Drive, I can actually upload files to my account and use it as a personal fileserver. Eat that.

POP3 Access:
Who the hell wants to pay for this? I dont. Not to mention that I have Gmail check my university email as well. Hell, I can even set filters for the annoying mailing lists that get ahold of my university email. Not to mention, the free POP3 access is dead useful.

Filters:
If you haven't the foggiest idea how to use these, or what I'm talking about - learn. This is seriously the most useful invention in email history, the ability to redirect certain email that you receive into different folders, forward certain emails, auto-delete others, mark some as read, archive others... the possibilities are endless. Gmail now also supports advanced functions/search criteria.

Integrated Chat:
Useful. Enough said. I will never install the ultra annoying MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger on my computer. I'll just use meebo. If I can't be arsed to log into meebo, I'll check my gmail and talk with someone there.

Labels:
The equivalent of folders, only prettier.

Google Docs:
Ever used that damn computer in the library or soemplace that doesn't have MS Word installed? Need to read that damn attachment? Use google docs to open it straight from the email. View it in HTML, if you don't want to deal with that.

Gmail Labs:
Oh hell, I've said enough. Yahoo/MSN don't let you submit improvements to their system do they? Gmail Labs does, and lets you use apps designed for ease of use - designed by the people.

Have I said enough yet?
amperx
i use gmail, 1 like most says, its the size, and next is its features, man, they keep adding on to it, really useful ones
Horizon
I certainly have changed my mind on the service provider after sticking with Frihost.

Hotmail, my old choice, can be easily hacked into which can obviously lead to a bad result for yourself. Plus there's so much spam I'm getting, such as winning tons of money more than once under different names???

But the RoundCube service from Frihost works perfectly. It loads nice and quick, I have never received a bit of spam, and (as far as I know) it's not exactly 'hackable'.

So if I could change my vote, it would be to "Other". Roundcube = best ^^. However! It doesn't have the Live Messenger, but that's not something I use often.
guissmo
I like Gmail for the same reasons you guys mentioned such as getting signed in to all the Google stuff and having the products integrated in one.

The thing is, I can't use the Google Talk thing since most of my contacts are Yahoo Messenger users and thus it is very hard to migrate permanently to Google Talk. The rest of my contacts of Gmail don't have an idea about Google Talk since the only instant messaging they know is YM.

That's my case. I can put up with this though. Smile
hamza1122
Hotmail for the win! I also like using gmail though, just as an extra email account for junk stuff.
edwinl
I prefer gmail, simple and fast .
chartcentral
My primary preference would be Yahoo! Mail, then secondary is Gmail. Smile
metalprincess666
i'd prefer Gmail
but I use hotmail for messenger
metalfreek
I like hotmail because it has a very less adds than yahoo. Hotmail seems more close and personal than yahoo. so, I like hotmail and than gmail. I rarely use yahoo.
riccopt
gmail is the best one...
I only use hotmail because of MSN...
it was my 1st email ever...
too bad they didn't evolve with time and they still hide the URL on the emails you receive, since that makes things easier for spammers/scammers
edwinl
Security and simplicity is for me the best reaon to prefer gmail as my favorite mail .
jsfdan
Hotmail.
The interface is so sleek and easy-to-use.
Oleg
Gmail is the best post service! Cool
n3k0
Gmail is a good one, it is very easy to work with it, it is faster. Its wonderfull classification with labels.

May be it is dangerous to bring all kind of information about as to a single company (with our search, with our mails, our calendars, and also our documents)....

But I think that it has the better services
thommichhan
anyway i like yahoo
jomar
i prefer gmail
CosmicDisturbance
I use gmail usually, but I might switch to the email on my Direct admin panel. Haven't tried it yet.....
rockacola
Definitely Gmail..
Not just because if its clean interface and no eye hurting flash ads but its features that allows me to
- link multiple pop3 accounts
- use filter to add labels or skip inbox
- forward email to different email account using filter
Laughing
Tuvitor
I prefer gmail simply for ease of use and feature set.
FunDa
Gmail went crashing down. You can't rely on anything now.

I couldn't access my gmail for hours together...

http://www.fundazone.com/2009/02/googles-gmail-is-down-now-atleast-for-some-people-me-included/

Status Update
2/24/2009
We’re aware of a problem with Gmail affecting a number of users. This problem occurred at approximately 1.30AM Pacific Time. We’re working hard to resolve this problem and will post updates as we have them. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.
Google has recently been crashing in a few other places like search too.
elliottbrooks
Gmail all the way.

Sorry to be a little anti-google though, but the spam box filtering is good, but you can turn it off. And despite its best efforts, it does catch some of the stuff you want. Shove on top the fact that it empties itself every thirty days and you've got a problem.

Also, the fact that google insist on using the weird conversation listing thing to structure email 'conversations' is annoying, not lease because, surprise surprise, you can turn it off. Its ridiculous. Honestly...
gueda
I like hotmail just for rotine.... I use since I am child \o/
but i use it because I integrate with skydrive, and I use a lot skydrive, so is more easy.
tamilparks
i prefer gmail, its very nice, and very fast, its look up also fine, even we can chat.. online
FunDa
Me too.

But Gmail crashed more than once recently

But Hotmail also crashed, though not many people knew about ti..

Is it because too few people use Hotmail, or is it becuase they recovered faster. Hope Gmail doesn't run into more problems again.
tobenna
As for me gmail is the best followed by yahoo. Although yahoo mail started before gmail, gmail is better because of its products and interactivity, its design and view. There are so many things which gmail has or is linked with that yahoo and other services donot have and they cannot definately beat gmail although yahoo started to copy gmail about a year or two years ago with the fact of Chat & Sms inside the mailbox itself, and also with the name of their email the started "@ymail.com".
Moshkin_Khan
Gmail looks cleaner and is convenient for me. I used to use hotmail but I was getting more spam back then.
love_her_freida_pinto
Gmail ftw! first of all there is the pop3 function and there is also the design your own email's look eg. background. It is a great and free email service. it is also less cluttered like yahoo.
darkwater49
I prefer gmail because of the clean look and lack of too much memory just to load the whole page. I also prefer because we can use the same account for other google services.
Raidation
Definitely Gmail.
I used to use Yahoo, but I quit when I found out they put a test email from my website into the spam folder.

Sad
Spiritfall
I like GMail because it's simple to use, it looks fine and it loads fast. It doesn't need flash like yahoo. I also like that you have a lot of space to store your emails. For example I have emails from 2004.. It's nice .. they are like memories.. (those from my friends Very Happy)

Plus.. Yahoo don't have the ability to use a POP e-mail client. You must upgrade to Yahoo! Mail Plus or download a damn resource hog email client called Zimbra. You can't use Yahoo Mail with Outlook or Thunderbird without additional support like yPOPs or the webmail extension. But I have to use Outlook because I must synchronize it with the sharepoint system. I tried with yPOPS but it was very glitchy.
Now I'm trying to find a way to integrate yahoo into gmail. GMail has a lot of cool features. I integrated all my @live.com accounts into my gmail account. So now I have only 2 accounts into outlook, not 6.

GMAIL is the GREATEST.
Itachi69
atm I currently use yahoo as my free email account and have so for years,although I'm thinking about deleting it and switching over to Gmail.
sierramultimedia
Google mail (Gmail) is the best one so far I have used of the free email services.
jabce85
just started using gmail after years of using yahoo......

moral: gmail is a googleplex times better than yahoo..... yes, that's right; a GOOGLEplex.. haha
rosgar
Typically, people using emails like gmail, yahoo, hotmail. Well I use all of them, they are cool because you can use a chat application especially Gmail. Yahoo mail, however, seems too slow on my internet (maybe the cause of it are advertisements). Anyway, I'm using GMX mail as a test. Smile
joostvane
Using Gmail here aswell. It's clean, loads fast, lots of space. You can easily switch into your documents/calendar/.... Gmail's spamprotection is also much better than any other service out there. I don't really need all the space, but its very comfortable knowing that I will never run out of it.
FunDa
joostvane wrote:
Using Gmail here aswell. It's clean, loads fast, lots of space. You can easily switch into your documents/calendar/.... Gmail's spamprotection is also much better than any other service out there. I don't really need all the space, but its very comfortable knowing that I will never run out of it.

It gives me a smile seeing the 1% used when I scroll to the bottom of Gmail

And I have never deleted an email !!!
Jase
I absolutely love GMail, with Google Talk and chat as well. It's easy to navigate and I love the speed of it.
cscorpian
I like Gmail because:-

It's free
Lot of Space
Different Themes (firefox addon)
Best Spam Filter
Chat
Customizable side bars(Eg: Change the location of chat box)
fladry
I use gmail because it is fast, simple and powerful. It has enough space to keep all my messages and it's spam filter is awesome. And, most important of all, one gmail account is all i need for adsense, analytics, and other google services.

Knowing that i use the email service of the biggest company in that field makes me secure also Wink
hamza1122
I use both Hotmail and Gmail and both are good to use but i prefer using Hotmail. Very Happy
pscompanies
GMAIL FTW.

It's the safest, easiest, most user-friendly, best interface mail provider. Most storage space and least bs also. No paid stuff, completely and truly free.
babarus
I prefer gmail because of Pop3 service and because is quicker then all others mail services.
In adition i prefer google as prime search engine. Also i am "part" of google with Adwords service.

An other good program is picasa from my point f view.
kutekitten
I own all three, mostly for the messaging purposes, but gmail is my main, mostly because of the space, and I've had it since it was in beta form, it's a reliable email and I get barely any spam. My hotmail is where all those forwarded messages get sent to, I really hate sorting through them to get to any valuable email, I just kind of let it build up, so if someone sends me an email there, I have to search. Yahoo is mostly just a backup, for messenger mostly, but I sometimes use the email if I sign up for something.
silverdown
i been using gmail for the past 4 years, so i will have to go with gmail
ProwerBot
The one that I have with my hosting on frihost... =)
meep
I'm using hotmail, mostly because everyone I know uses it, and it became a matter of routine.
Also tried gmail once but i didn't like it, never tried yahoo though.

Bad thing about hotmail is the weird spamfilter though, sometimes it lets spam get in and dumps non-spam in unwanted emails Confused
TVme
With all the Yahoo! bashing going on (and most of it deserved) they have always had a great, ever improving free e-mail service. As someone mentioned it's hard to switch after many years. I have had a Yahoo! e-mail address for fourteen years. Yahoo continually up-grades their e-mail service as the competition improves. I don't really recall needing something that Yahoo Mail didn't provide.
bjornhoogeveen
That is a simple question to me: gmail. I've had used them all, but gmail is in my opinion the fastest and easiest of all. Specially when you talk about sending a attachment. Gmail allow you to sent big attachments. It only depends on the receiver if it will be succeed...!
gunkillergun
GMail because of the convenience of loading time, and the speed of sending/receiving emails.
mukesh
Yahoo and Gmail both using but gmail perfect for me. Gmail open easy, good data storage capicity, mail send or recieve easily and good adjustment.

Thx gmail Very Happy
ProwerBot
I never use email really, but if I do then I use my frihost email or gmail.
vetid
Hotmail, cause I like it! it was the first place where i could use mx server for my own domain name Rolling Eyes
FunDa
Nobody on wave huh ?

It is not yet time for Wave to come out properly, but when it does, I am going to use wave !
James007
FunDa wrote:
Nobody on wave huh ?

It is not yet time for Wave to come out properly, but when it does, I am going to use wave !

Actually, Wave got deprecated last month.
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/update-on-google-wave.html
Plaintiff
i prefer gmail, pro spamfilter ^^
michaelagustin
I prefer for www.gmail.com it's fast and easy to use.
rocking
I prefer Gmail.
why?
1. Free (Like all the email providers nowadays).
2. A lot of hosting space (Not to special in this days).
3. Reliable (More then other mail providers...).
4. Easily managed (In my point of view).
5. Fast (In Israel...)
frenz4ever
I like gmail for its huge capacity and i can't leave my yahoo at all because i mostly use this for my official use.As for some online email delivery issues with yahoo and hotmail,I use gmail for such work.
cybersa
I like this name satheesh@cybflash.tk.
But i like gmail features.
So,i made a automatic mail forwarder to my gmail account.

My Vote for Gmail.
surekha1976
Friend I am generally using gmail because gmail can access in orkut, facebook etc. but now recently my facebook account is hacked so I am using yahoo ID.

But for the business purpose gmail is most popular.
FunDa
surekha1976 wrote:
Friend I am generally using gmail because gmail can access in orkut, facebook etc. but now recently my facebook account is hacked so I am using yahoo ID.

But for the business purpose gmail is most popular.

Gmail and facebook are completely unrelated as far as I know.

Facebook can be used with a new user account
celebi269
I go for GMail.

GMail, for me, is very reliable, consistently fast, and hassle-free. Unlike the other email services, GMail focuses mainly on its function - Email. And the good thing is that, it's almost spam-free.

EDIT: I came over this comic from The Oatmeal. It's kinda true. LINK
Known
I use Hotmail and GMail, however I like Hotmail better as it seems to be more clearly and round focused.
Adiiforu
definately gmail. In some countries it is called googlemail. It easy clean and no bullshit
acidrain
i prefer gmx because its very simple and a good support
and had many features
MrNovus
I've used Hotmail for well over 3 years and have not been disappointed. Their layout and their system is pretty awesome, although GMail is a definite contender, for it's layout is much smoother and easier on the eyes than Hotmail. Razz
kmontano
I'm a gmail guy. I use gmail for all of my email. One account is my main google account and I have a google apps account set up for my domain that forwards to my main account. Email synergy FTW!
nepalstar
Thanks to the free email service providers, due to their service nowadays email became so popular and that's in no cost. I have created free mail in all major free email provider i.e. Google, Hotmail, Yahoo etc. Currently I'm using Gmail and Hotmail and sometime I use yahoo mail too. Nowadays facebook is also providing email service too. I like gmail much because gmail provides ads free interface, it shows only text ads.
Thanks to the free service provider...!
psychorollercoaster
Gmail all the way, prefer it for a lot of reasons....the best is the apps and integrations with other software's that it provides
steep
I prefer gmail: it's user friendly and I really love its 'Google Drive'.
heimi
Gmail for all. friendly, useful Very Happy
playfungames
Like the most of the posters here, I too prefer Gmail. Back in 2003 it was Hotmail that had this spot and Yahoo was my secondary email because of all the free space that it provided. But ones gmail came, I struggled to get an invite and once I did, I quit all my other emails. They are still active though, I just don't use them. I've been using gmail since 2005.
crystalkey
I use gmail for 95% of my communications. It just simply works and has more features than the others. I still use a hotmail account from the 'old days' when I had it setup 10 years ago. As far as yahoo, I use that one for a spam account which I check probably every other month or so.

Yahoo has a clumsy interface.
zimmer
2m4a wrote:

before Yahoo is the best.... then i transfer to Hotmail with yahoo becomes slow in email send/receive but now i choose gmail with many options such as customized google talk, google analytics, and many more options to my site which is applicable to my site.. And become more responsive compared in yahoo and hotmail now..
RosenCruz
a compilation of all of them
manfer
In my opinion gmail is the one that offers best features. You want to use it as webmail, you can. You want to use it with pop, you can. You want to use imap, you can... The size they provide is fine. And the mail account gives you acces to a lot of other tools.

Yahoo is good too but has less features. Years ago in some countries, including USA, they were not providing free pop. I don't know about their policy now.

Hotmail in my opinion is the worst. They give it for free but... microsoft even on its free staff always puts some limits. Not too long ago I think pop was not possible. Imap forget about it.

Anyway lately I'm starting to be a little upset about google policies:

- Their shit persistent request of a phone number to include on your email account -for your security, to prevent spam or whatever- is greatly annoying. If you decide to don't share phone number with them, why the hell they have to insist so often?

- Their presence everywhere tracking us. No matter if you don't want anything with them while surfing you probably are hitting google servers 90% or the times because of people using their stats services, recaptcha, ...

- Their shit policy on update of its desktop apps. They install a hidden daemon to look for updates and it has no uninstaller nor a way to disable that feature. If you try to find how to uninstall it on google docs you clearly see their policy is no, it can't be uninstalled, if you don't want it just uninstall any google software. And this is a shit policy I never liked hidden applications added to my system without any notice. It is bad in all aspects inlcuding that you can be working happilly and suddenly this shit updater decides to run and slow down your work or worst if you are with a huge resource consumption task the updater can totally block you for some time. Sucks. (obviously there are ways to get rid of it but that isn't the point).

and anyway it is difficult to decide to stop using their services.
weblinuxtime
They best way to get the features of gmail, with a better choice of names is to do this. Register for a free .tk domain at dot.tk. Go to apps.google.com and get the free version set up for your .tk domain. The free version gives you 10 accounts so you can give out emails too. Then you can pick an address from a blank set.
rx9876
Is there any other new free email service in 2012?
All my firends are using gmail.
Some small web service providers are not build their own mail server and use gmail instead.
Even some smaill business companies too.

Gmail is the best, and earned a lot through email keyword advertising.
Even facebook is using the dirty cheat to change user email to facebook email address without user agreement to get email traffics.
lightningleo
Well.. Hey.. I now use in.com mail service... The smallest email server i've ever seen and there are not many users currently so you can get your desired username now.. Have a 10gb mail space... Quite standard panel and have a great inbox system.. Its main website is similiar to yahoo... Try this service, you'll truly appreciate it..
firstroad
i have an account on each one of them
*Hotmail is the classic... i remember when my friends created email accounts only one in the whole class had a yahoo account. Also as a guy said it's useful for MSN messenger
*Yahoo is what i call the best, it's fast and secure, light and simple
*Gmail is like my headquarters, i use a lot of google tools so i never, i mean it, i never logout, google drive, youtube, google docs, analytics, webmaster tools, everything is connected there

i have also used mail.com and i have no complaints, it's only thing that makes it different is that offers a variety of domains where you can add your mail
uzfrrdam9992
yahoo... best !!
bluxberry
hot mail is the best i thing .. after they change it like outlook its really so fast and looks very cute.. you can do everything same as outlook.. and like 10 years i was using outlook and for me now hotmail is the best.. in this case gmail also good maybe someof you says gmail better than hotmail but its the poing when i start to using internet while i was 12 years old i started it with hotmail and msn.. becuase of it i cant change it.. ofcurse i have another account on gmail but generally i use hotmail for my all personal stuffs and other things.. my all documents in hotmail.. its really safety and fast.. what u need from an email service? Speed , quality and stability.. Hotmail have this 3 things since they start to do this job.. maybe some of you will strt to thing that hotmail pays me money for write that post but really its what i thing.. sorry for my english.. Best regards .. Good nights from Turkey!!!!!!
kaysch
Some people here have suggested that hotmail has been around for so many years. And that is probably my main reason to keep the e-mail address there. It is reliable, fast and easy to use.
I don't like Yahoo Mail too much anymore since they changed its layout.
Not sure about GMail, but Google is already collecting too much data.
RoylanM
I prefer gmail and the microsoft email services due to the simplicity and the reliability of them both.
UltimateCoder
2m4a wrote:

Ofcourse HotMail, one of the first free WebMails!
RoylanM
I use Live.com, GMX for my personal emails but I prefer to use Gmail or Mail.com for my business emails. All are really great mail services.
KneeDeep
I recently turned my hotmail into an outlook.com address so I can have the email address I want. These days I think online Outlook is just as good as Gmail Currently I am using Outlook, Gmail and Bigpond (my ISP). I had Yahoo years ago but it was bad then, and not much better now. Plus I love Gmails calendar.
Insanity
Gmail is the best. I've used it ever since it came out with it's free service and was in open beta for the longest time. It's funny how it's become something that was born as a crazy idea with insane amounts of storage space into something that's now used for everything. Almost everyone has a Gmail account and it's free and provides so much space that it's ridiculous.
jamesparker
I prefer hotmail and gmail.
jamesparker
HOtmail & Gmail.
Adalew
I prefer gmail, because it has a lot of services that I like
supermanlovejan
Gmail..................and yahoo........
seraphimalia
Hi,

I use gmail - because it gives you 15 gigs of storage and it is nice to have google drive/youtube account all the same un/pwd

I also use outlook.com - greate mail interface, allows 10 aliases and is perfect for my "not gmail" account - i.e. I use it to sign up to things so I don't get spammed to my gmail account.

Seraph
Sorcerertech
I use http://mail.com for my personal email. It's unlimited storage there.

I use my other web hoster for my business email. Smile[/url]
RosenCruz
Zoho and GMX are also nice alternatives for free e-mail. With zoho, you can use your own domain too