FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sneaking across the Border

S3nd K3ys
...on an elephant.... with a mariachi band....

no kidding... they have video
Laughing

Quote:
To illustrate the joke of border "security," Raj of the Apprentice -- and now a Congressional Republican candidate for Congresss in Pennsylvania -- decided he'd "sneak" across the US-Mexican border on an elephant, accompanied by a mariachi band.

I'd vote for that guy any day! Wink
crdowner
OK, so this guy can make a point. How does that qualify him as a politician? I am sure border security is a big deal in PA.

At least he was willing to prove his point.
S3nd K3ys
crdowner wrote:
OK, so this guy can make a point. How does that qualify him as a politician? I am sure border security is a big deal in PA.

At least he was willing to prove his point.

You wrote 4 sentances in your reply.

One was a question.

The other three answered your own question. Rolling Eyes

:edit: I'm not going to tell you which ones were which, but I'll give you a hint; the question has a different character at the end of the sentance than the three answers do. Wink
glenwood
That's really funny, and a terribly sad commentary on our borders. After having worked with illegal immigrants the last two years in New York City, it is such a hard argument. You talk to these people who have wives and kids back in their countries who they haven't seen for the last three to six years. They use the small amount of money that they do make and send most of it home to their fatherless families and continue living here alone in pretty rough living conditions. But it isn't legal, and it is possible for these people to come legally by obtaining a worker's permit. We can't just build a wall... but something needs to be done.
S3nd K3ys
glenwood wrote:
That's really funny, and a terribly sad commentary on our borders. After having worked with illegal immigrants the last two years in New York City, it is such a hard argument. You talk to these people who have wives and kids back in their countries who they haven't seen for the last three to six years. They use the small amount of money that they do make and send most of it home to their fatherless families and continue living here alone in pretty rough living conditions. But it isn't legal, and it is possible for these people to come legally by obtaining a worker's permit. We can't just build a wall... but something needs to be done.

We CAN just build a wall. We MUST just build a wall. But we can't stop there. It's not just a matter of illegals coming in to work and send money home while taking advantage of our country and using our laws to try to break our laws, it's a matter of national security.

The border MUST be controlled.
glenwood
Quote:
We CAN just build a wall. We MUST just build a wall. But we can't stop there. It's not just a matter of illegals coming in to work and send money home while taking advantage of our country and using our laws to try to break our laws, it's a matter of national security.

I agree with you, that it needs to be controlled. It just seems so primitive and nearly impossible to build a 700 mile wall. And I'm sure you know, but we have tried walls and we have walls installed, and what did the illegals do? They built tunnels, made holes, found alternative routes through rivers and transportation. I guess my point is this... we can't just assume a wall will provide security.

We need to do more in also allowing more LEGALS via worker's permits, etc into this country so that so many won't feel the need to cross ILLEGALLY. I agree, that in it's current form, our national security is greatly in danger, but we need to find a way to accomodate the desires of those who are willing to come to our country legally.
S3nd K3ys
glenwood wrote:
Quote:

I agree with you, that it needs to be controlled. It just seems so primitive and nearly impossible to build a 700 mile wall. And I'm sure you know, but we have tried walls and we have walls installed, and what did the illegals do? They built tunnels, made holes, found alternative routes through rivers and transportation. I guess my point is this... we can't just assume a wall will provide security.

We need to do more in also allowing more LEGALS via worker's permits, etc into this country so that so many won't feel the need to cross ILLEGALLY. I agree, that in it's current form, our national security is greatly in danger, but we need to find a way to accomodate the desires of those who are willing to come to our country legally.

I agree with you on the wall only being a partial solution. We also have to go after people supporting the illegals either thru employment or thru housing. We haev to stop any and all programs that cater to illegals, (there are literally TONS of them).

Only then will we be able to slow the progression. And as you said, on top of all that, we need to make it easier for people to become citizens.
cbf-cma
That video was absolutly horrible! I can't believe that the Mexican authorities didn't just arrest him and charge him with a felony for trying to sneak into Mexico. I mean -- how can you miss a gringo on an elephant?

Seriously!!! Just think of what kinds of weapons gringo's could sneak into Mexico. The US could terrorize peace-loving Mexico just like they did when they stole half of Mexican territory under Manifest Destiny.
S3nd K3ys
cbf-cma wrote:
I can't believe that the Mexican authorities didn't just arrest him

They were busy moving drugs and bodies across the border in the other direction. Wink
napowan
There isn't even a fence along 1/2 the border. President Bush has cut spending on border control...and on the Canadian border, in most places, there isn't even a mark, it is just that, 1/2 of a road is the US and half of the road is Canada...
scotty
Australia is an island! WOOHOOOO. Okay we still get illegal immigrants but it isn't a huge problem. I thought that video was hilarious but how about that news presenter's voice? I thought they would get someone who could speak properly!
chrismen
I thought the guy was a bit of an idiot. If he can't even win in the apprentice why should anyone elect him. Anyways, as someone else raised this questions: border crossing is not important in PA but he is not running for governor so therefore it is a U.S. issue...
S3nd K3ys
chrismen wrote:
as someone else raised this questions: border crossing is not important in PA but he is not running for governor so therefore it is a U.S. issue...

Border crossing is a problem in Pa. Just because they don't have a border with Mexico doesn't mean they're not over-run by illegal Mexicans. Rolling Eyes