FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

about guitar....

dainty_nellie
anyone who could teach me how to guitar????????????????????????
GameFreak
Well, it's quite impossible to teach an instrument online !!

Ask someone in your neighbourhood for assistance in learning the guitar.
happypeso
I have found that the gas-powered leaf blowers are more convenient to use than the kind you have to plug in.

Seriously: Pitch would be controlled by changing the length of whatever is vibrating. Something shorter would resonate at a shorter wavelength which would, therefore, be a higher frequency or pitch. The reverse would, of course, be true for something longer.

I would imagine that one must experiment quite a bit with thumb tension to be able to become consistent enough with the pitches to produce predictable musical tones. First, there would be the amount of force. Then, there would be the direction in which the force is applied. Finally (and probably most importantly), there would be the position of the force (i.e. where along the leaf to put the pressure - similar to using different finger positions for violin, cello, guitar, etc.).

The choice of leaf would probably make a difference, too, especially thickness, length, and width.

All that said, I've never tried such careful experimentation, but have only produced loud shrieks using blades of grass. Even so, it sounds like an interesting idea, and would certainly be more portable than a piano!
"But he can't swim."
*Splash*
soldeinvierno
happypeso wrote:
I have found that the gas-powered leaf blowers are more convenient to use than the kind you have to plug in.

That's funny! In guitar-related topics GAS stands for Gear (or Guitar) Adquisition Syndrome, a very common illness among guitars / bass players Laughing Laughing Laughing
all-australian-reject
happypeso wrote:

All that said, I've never tried such careful experimentation, but have only produced loud shrieks using blades of grass. Even so, it sounds like an interesting idea, and would certainly be more portable than a piano!

Haha i thought this was about guitar not playing grass Shocked
Oh well...I agree it would be hard to teach someone to learn guitar over the internet. Your best bet would be to get some one to teach you to read tabs and then you could slowly learn from doing that. You could learn your favourite songs and slowly you would get to know the guitar abnd the different notes.
Subsonic Sound
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Guitar section on the world's biggest music forum. There's a subforum for beginner questions, and by and large they're quite helpful.

If you have any problems, drop me an IM. I'm an admin. Wink
zurdosoft
A good site for guitar is http://www.guitarristas.info.
In your items is Video Lecciones.

Good luck
hsadmin
I've been playing for almost a year now.. I can only play the 1st 20 notes or so. 4 power chords, then, a little fast playing, then 3 more power chords.. The songs 8:30 long, and I can only play that much
Magicman
Ultimate-Guitar.com is a great place to look up tabs that make learning how to play guitar fun. It also has many articles that may lead you on your way to playing like a pro.
agustin
I used to play t he guitar but i quit 2 yeras ago.... m aybe you can ask someone how plays the guitar better than me!
jrs32
I agree.. it is impossibly to teach someone over the itnernet, but how I learned was just messing around and reading random tutorials. I did get a few tips from friends as i went. The best website is http://www.ultimateguitar.com They have great tabs and all kinds of tutorials on almost anything you can think of that has to do with guitar.
pseudonem
Magicman wrote:
Ultimate-Guitar.com is a great place to look up tabs that make learning how to play guitar fun. It also has many articles that may lead you on your way to playing like a pro.

Thanks for the tip... That site is awsome... Working on some new RHCP tunes.... SAWWEETTTT!!!!!

-pseudonem
androjuni
i advice you to go grabb some tabulature and learn it. and also research about the scaling which is related to notes, it'll be a great way to start your guitar career. Blues scale is the best and the most anjoyable to play for me. there are a lot of helpful sites on the internet where you can learn of guitar playing but it would still be best if you know someone who you can meet regulary to be taught. there are also music shops that offer guitar lessons for a fee! hope you learna lot and become great!
johnflores
i dont use guitar with pick up. much better to have an accoustic without any device
jrs32
Ick .. acoustic! lol I'm more into the heavy distortion and effects such as wah, chorus, and flange. None of that can be done with an acoustic!! Not to mention the tone flexability that you will have if you are playing through a pickup into an amp.
jantje
Just look up some tutorials from the internet. And just do a lot of selfstudy, listen to the guitar parts in songs, if you like it, search a tab for it and try to play it, don't start to hard.
I started with some stuff from nirvana (smells like, polly for example), judas priest - breaking the law, 3 doors down - kryptonite, ac-dc - highway to hell. The riffs should be easy to play
vlad777
uhm, nobody can teach you buddy, this is a thing you must achieve by your own.
Does anybody think that eric clapton, hendrikx, knoppffler took classes
with his neighbour...lol!
JoseRizal
interesting topic, since i myself has the desire to learn guitar.
i found two dvd-roms on the web:
    Beginning Lead Guitar
    Beginning Rhythm Guitar

both by Troy Stetina. i have yet to find time to view them (and to get a guitar Very Happy )
arkebuzer
What way is the best is probably different for everyone.

Personally I started learning by downloading tabs for some metallica songs I like and just started training.
It took quite a while to learn a song, but it was way more fun than just learning some really bad but easy song Wink
The risk is that you learn a lot of easy songs, but since they are no fun you get boored... or well, at least that´s how I work.
Captain Fertile
I am learning using Guitar for Dummies, which really is a superb book for complete beginners believe it or not. I picked up a new copy complete with CD included for a fiver (bargain) from Amazon. There is also a DVD to accompany the book which I have not yet picked up (but shall).

I am also taking advantage of free guitar lessons at my son’s school every Saturday plus picking up tips from the web, my friends and I love messing around with guitar tabs. I use the power tab software (superb AND free) and I found a superb site dealing with chords. Check this out if you haven’t already seen it:

http://www.chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

Hope this helps somebody.

Regards
The Captain
TheSublime
How I learned:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/

This site has amazing lessons for any experience level. They're rated by users so you know what to expect. Chances are, if you've checked around on the internet, this'll be one of the first sites you're pointed to. Have fun!