FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Acrylic Painting

kaikou
Here's a painting I did recently... Let me know what you think it means Smile

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41159136/
Tumbleweed
For me it gives the impression of someone (a female) taking a tentative step in to the unknown, not knowing if the result of the step is going to be pleasant (white-good) or unpleasant (black-evil), the swirling of the "unknown" makes it hard to make a direct choice of either good or evil , and requires the stepper to make the choice of to step or to not step knowing that they can not choose good or bad, they can only choose to step not the path it will lead them on
ThornsOfSorrow
I agree with the meaning that tumbleweed shared. I definitely see curiosity, but hesitation as well, as we all do when discovering something new. Anyway, you seem to be very skilled with paint. All of the art on your DeviantArt page is really good!
kaikou
Thank you both for your comments Smile Very interesting interpretations! I enjoyed them
Annush_K
For me the blackness is associated with a shadow under the foot, being as twisted as dark parts of one's mind. The edges between white and black also remnid me of one kennel banner I did lately - it's very similar xD
Looks awesome. Is acrylics THAT hard to paint as some of my friends think? o.O
kaikou
Thank you for giving your interpretation Smile

I've always had fun with acrylics. But they do dry quickly, so you have to work as quickly to get colors to blend and such. In that way, it's sometimes very difficult. Of course, you can add stuff to the paint to keep it wet longer Smile Never tried that myself.
albusa
jum, looks like some one diggin in the foot into the oil, man, your crazy acrilyc artist
kaikou
Here's another painting, similar to the last one. This second painting I think represents something really different from the first. Any thoughts?

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41788583/
ThornsOfSorrow
Hmm...I think I like this one even more than the last. Anyway, to me it looks like someone has come to a place in their life where they're not quite on solid ground (since the sand is disintigrating under them). They don't like where they are, since it look ominous and dark, but they can't find a way to get their life back to where it was before. Everything looks as if it's falling down, even the white section at the top of the painting, and the person to whom the foot belongs to is falling as well (although mentally, rather than physically). You've really done a great job capturing emotion in this one, to the point where I almost feel uneasy looking at it. Great job!
kaikou
Thank you Thorns, for your interpretation. I can definitely see all that in the painting.
Hunterseaker
I think the meaning of the 2nd painting is that someone steps on an isolated place like an Island(the thing were the foot is standing on). So the person is looking for isolation or a resting place, a place to escpape busy life.
tefa_taftaf2010
the first ... i feel a violence .. no safe .. Rolling Eyes

i feel i have to escape from it ...

the second .. really not differ

the bright white spot on the extrem left in this picture

seems to be an eye of dinosaur or a wild animal

carry a lot of evil ...

i see the foot which other speak about ..

but i see more the evil from this bright spot

Exclamation
kaikou
Hunterseaker wrote:
I think the meaning of the 2nd painting is that someone steps on an isolated place like an Island(the thing were the foot is standing on). So the person is looking for isolation or a resting place, a place to escpape busy life.

That's an idea that hadn't occurred to me Smile The island refuge. Thanks.
kaikou
tefa_taftaf2010 wrote:
the first ... i feel a violence .. no safe .. Rolling Eyes

i feel i have to escape from it ...

the second .. really not differ

the bright white spot on the extrem left in this picture

seems to be an eye of dinosaur or a wild animal

carry a lot of evil ...

i see the foot which other speak about ..

but i see more the evil from this bright spot

Exclamation

That's interesting that the first one seems violent too. I always thought it was more peaceful than violent. Maybe the calm before the storm. The storm might be the second painting?

But I thought it was cool too, that you said the white spot in the 2nd pic is the evil force. It's interesting because white usually represents light, goodness.

Anyway, I enjoyed your ideas Smile

And I'm curious, what do you think of the black places in the second painting?
Annush_K
The second for some reason reminds me of the 'wind of time'. Also the sand-like surface under the foot does make me think of eternity. Great job on these paintings. I love the emotion on both, especially the second.
Makes me want to paint something expressive Razz
Che
Wow, nice work! Congratulations on such a great painting. Very Happy
Sirpale
Oh my god, that is unbeliavable! Soo great. I hope that I could paint as good as you Razz
unknownc1c
wow thorns, that was a very detailed description of what you see in it.

That's amazing what you did with the Acrylic, i couldn't do anything like that. Deffinatly have some mad skills lol. When i look at it i just think something like "new beginning." It looks like some one is about to step into water to clean off or something and i just think clean as starting over, a new day or something.

lol, i know that wasn't a super good and detailed description like thorns Razz but i tried haha. I'm not going to say i'm good at art or even understand it that well, but i've taken a few art classes so i can try to sound like i'm good at understand art Laughing ^_^
Ghost900
Nice images and great description Thorns

I really like how you make your painting.

Good job and I hope you do more. Very Happy