You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stephen Hawking, The Big Bang, and God

It looks an interesting topic to discuss about universe and big bang

Stephen Hawking's bestseller A Brief History of Time is the most popular book about cosmology ever written. The questions cosmology addresses are scientifically and theologically profound. Hawking's book covers both of these implications.

Cosmology is the study of the universe as a whole--it's structure, origin and development. I won't answer all the questions Hawking raises concerning cosmology, but I will try to make comments on many of them. I caution here that you should not confuse cosmology with cosmetology, the art of beautifying the hair, skin, and nails!

Here are some of the questions cosmology seeks to answer (As elsewhere in this lecture, I borrow heavily from astrophysicist Hugh Ross' excellent books The Fingerprint of God and The Creator and the Cosmos.):

Is the universe finite or infinite in extent and content?
Is it eternal or does it have a beginning?
Was it created? If not, how did it get here? If so, how was this creation accomplished and what can we learn about the agent and events of creation?
Who or what governs the laws and constants of physics? Are such laws the product of chance or have they been designed? How do they relate to the support and development of life?
Is there any knowable existence beyond the known dimensions of the universe?
Is the universe running down irreversibly or will it bounce back?

In my opinion universe was created by "anyone" but who knows why and what for
Explain here your commentaries about this topic.

The Universe;
Finite (They know the rough size of teh universe and it's age and speed of expansion)
Shape - Believed to be saddle shaped
It had a begining (As with the whole expansion thing)

Astronomers have worked out the colour of the Universe and it's a shade between aquamarine and a pale turquoise