FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


How Will the World React to a Nuclear North Korea?






Do you think could be a posibility of a nuclear world war?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

roberpro
I dont want to be alarmist but read this..

CNN

North Korea's claim that it has tested a nuclear bomb brought immediate condemnation from the White House and the international community. Guests discuss the world response and gauge the threat of a North Korea with nuclear weapons.

North Korea's nuclear weapons program has been of great concern to major powers in the region, especially China, South Korea, Japan and the United States, which have spearheaded negotiations aimed at ending that program.

But North Korea has suspended its participation in those talks and now has reportedly conducted a nuclear weapons test.

Do you think could be a posibility of a nuclear world war?

I hope no..
Vrythramax
I am not worried about an entire country, no matter who they are, having a nuclear arsenal. Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) will keep them at bay. I am worried about the 1 fanatic that only wants 1 bomb.
Jack_Hammer
roberpro wrote:
I dont want to be alarmist but read this..

CNN

North Korea's claim that it has tested a nuclear bomb brought immediate condemnation from the White House and the international community. Guests discuss the world response and gauge the threat of a North Korea with nuclear weapons.

North Korea's nuclear weapons program has been of great concern to major powers in the region, especially China, South Korea, Japan and the United States, which have spearheaded negotiations aimed at ending that program.

But North Korea has suspended its participation in those talks and now has reportedly conducted a nuclear weapons test.

Do you think could be a posibility of a nuclear world war?

I hope no..


Possibility of a nuclear world war?, no... Plus who really cares?, We have nukes, america has nukes, why not let everybody have them, or no-one have them?
roberpro
I prefer no-one have them.Spain havent nuclear weapons and i hope that never have them.Its a question of security for the earth and i wouldnt want nuclear weapons for any country.
Soulfire
I wouldn't mind continuing to deactivate nuclear weapons and decrease our arsenals. It does seem hypocritical for the U.S. to be hoarding so many nukes and not allowing others to have them.

Then again - do we want nukes in the hands of, erm... unstable? leaders (such as Kim Jong-il).
roberpro
I think nobody wants nukes in hands of that "leaders"^^
S3nd K3ys
I think it depends on who runs the country and if that country has nukes. A person like President Tom (Iranian Pres according to Beck Wink ) would not hisitate to use nukes or to make them available to someone else with the understand that they're to be used against Israel or America.

I'm not worried about that twit in Korea having them so much (he may be dumb, but he doesn't seem overly stupid if you catch my drift), but what about the next nut-job that runs that shit hole?
RT Cunningham
Soulfire wrote:
I wouldn't mind continuing to deactivate nuclear weapons and decrease our arsenals. It does seem hypocritical for the U.S. to be hoarding so many nukes and not allowing others to have them.

Then again - do we want nukes in the hands of, erm... unstable? leaders (such as Kim Jong-il).


Hypocritical? The U.S. launched the first one and the second one and untold amount of test ones before that. Hoarding is not the right word. Storing... maybe. To ever be used again? Probably, but only as a response.

Kim Jong Il? Not somebody I would trust to NOT pick a fight by being the first to attack with a nuke. His "toy" needs to be taken away from him.

Iran? If they had a nuke, a nuke would be a preemptive first strike to keep them from using it. This I am sure of. I just don't know where it would be launched from.
the-geek
great that its KIM JONG not BUSH. i wonder how in world a creature like Bush... Opppss.
anyway, i and billions like me want peace in earth
roberpro
In my opinion, no nuclear weapons = peace, so no problem for the earth.Those weapons are very dangerous for any country in the world, for humans, animals or other living being.
Vanilla
the-geek wrote:
great that its KIM JONG not BUSH. i wonder how in world a creature like Bush... Opppss.
anyway, i and billions like me want peace in earth


Both Kim Jong and Bush are completely crazy. And no, I DON'T WANT to see nuclear weapons on their hands!

Oh, it will be so cute when everybody starts to think about the other persons! Mad But this is reality. And if nukes can at least get some respect to my country, well, I want them too.
roberpro
Vanilla wrote:
. And if nukes can at least get some respect to my country, well, I want them too.

You are wrong there.Do not be like other people, if someone jumped in to the cesspit, would you do the same?
This is the same situation.If all countries get nuclear weapons would be the worst for the earth.Think in the consequences of that.
HoboPelican
RT Cunningham wrote:


Hypocritical? The U.S. launched the first one and the second one and untold amount of test ones before that....


I assume you meant AFTER, right? There was only one test prior to the two dropped on Japan. In fact, that was all there was, if memory serves me. If Japan hadn't surrendered, the US had no more bombs to drop.
RT Cunningham
Oops, sorry, I meant after. The "Trinity" test I believe was the first one.
Vanilla
roberpro wrote:

You are wrong there.Do not be like other people, if someone jumped in to the cesspit, would you do the same?
This is the same situation.If all countries get nuclear weapons would be the worst for the earth.Think in the consequences of that.


If I were like other people, I certainly would be now giving my total support to those who don't like nuclear weapons. People love to talk about how wrong is develop nuclear bombs, and oh, how bad it is to our planet! But think about it: the guys who have the power aren't giving a s***.

Having a nuclear weapon for me is like saying to other coutries "Hey, don't be stupid, don't mess with me!". They surely will get the idea.
Vrythramax
seems some people are misguided...Bush HAS nuclear weapons at his disposal....he might be crazy, but he isn't that stupid.
tribe
I would not be surprised if we had a Nuclear World War, but after seeing the minimal damage from the first bomb they dropped, N KOREA will not win.

Every country is against these idiots, even China. If they even attempted to shoot a bomb off toward the USA, it will never hit us... there nuclear program is a FAILURE!

If they want a war, then they got one.. It is the USA and anyone against nuclear weapons vs. N KOREA.

These idiots will not scare me, maybe a nuke from the USA will send a message lol... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nameless
Unfortunetly, as more and more countries make more and more bombs the chance of some complete moron leading a particularly nosey 1st world country bombing someone with nukes just grow more and more likely. Confused

Personally, I think the USA is behaving INCREDIBLY hypocritically over the whole issue.
Agent ME
The US isn't going to bomb someone unless they ask for it. The US won't attack any country unless they're asking for it.

There needs to be someone to watch and make sure nukes don't fall into bad hands.
Sergiy
I live in small country and I feel so safe because we have no influence Very Happy If you ask me the nuks are very bad thing for all of us(for the bombers too). I supose if US would take care of their own people nothing will happen, but if any country will threat Korea there could be something but if you ask me the Koreans are only showing their power and I'm OK with that because I wan't some world leaders to realize that they are not alone and that they havo to take care of their own people Confused
Vrythramax
I honestly don't think the US is going to use any nukes....unless possibly as a last possible resort.

Too much conflict involved, and more over (sadly), too much money lost.

Now terrorist is a differant story altogether.

Thoughts anyone?
fpsaddict
I'm not too worried about this, because North Korea are civilised people and wouldn't bomb someone without a strong reason.
-SonyGamer
There probably won't be. Since I hope that North Korea knows that even if they have nuclear weapons, they are actually a pretty small country compared to the US or most of the other countries. We could probably nuke the hell out of them. So chances are, no, unless North Korea decides to nuke first, which is probably not going to happen, also.
Vrythramax
fpsaddict wrote:
I'm not too worried about this, because North Korea are civilised people and wouldn't bomb someone without a strong reason.


Forgive my spam here...but is there really any good reason to use a nuke??
Nameless
Vrythramax wrote:
fpsaddict wrote:
I'm not too worried about this, because North Korea are civilised people and wouldn't bomb someone without a strong reason.


Forgive my spam here...but is there really any good reason to use a nuke??


I second this.

Quote:
The US isn't going to bomb someone unless they ask for it.
Quote:
I honestly don't think the US is going to use any nukes....unless possibly as a last possible resort.
Quote:
because North Korea are civilised people and wouldn't bomb someone without a strong reason.


Isn't it just great when people manage to justify using nuclear weapons and the slaughter of thousands, if not millions, of innocent people?

The world should not have any nuclear weapons, ever, full stop, no exceptions.
Soulfire
So, in reality, I wonder how many people are actually anti-Bush, or just swept into the anti-Bush thing because it seems to be the cool thing to do. Almost everyone I've talked to in person says "Oh I hate Bush", when questioned why, they were either stumped or replied with a "My parents told me to" or something along the lines.
standready
Vrythramax wrote:
I am not worried about an entire country, no matter who they are, having a nuclear arsenal. Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) will keep them at bay. I am worried about the 1 fanatic that only wants 1 bomb.

I must agree. I think that is the biggest fear we face. Some person selling a nuke to a nutcase for their own profit. I think that is what all the fuss is about with North Korea and soon Iran. If someone does sell a nuke to a nutcase, I can only hope that the nuke is used against their country.
bartdou
we should think about why North Korea wants to have nuclear, Korea is a unfortunate nation, such a good nation was divided into two hostile countries by some so-called super country. and now this super country stands out again to prevent Korea having its nuclear,forces Korea to comply the so-called international rule which in fact is constituted by itself.
However, if you don't obey, talk to my guns then! This is our world.
Vrythramax
I have already said it once, but I must reiterate....I don't see any nation committing themselves to a nuclear war....it's simply maddness to even start it. It's not just the US that would retaliate, but nations spanning the globe.

As said....I am worried about the single terrorist that wants to make any kind of statement.
kirii
I really dun like war....
But i beleive it will happen also...
roberpro
fpsaddict wrote:
I'm not too worried about this, because North Korea are civilised people and wouldn't bomb someone without a strong reason.

Hi.I was away these days... I read all new posts which have messages very interesting but i prefer being realist and not optimistic.(who thought that the war vs Irak would not be possible?)
[In January 2002.Bush announced in the Congress the objective to come up that the regimes that endorse the terror threaten to the United States or our friends and allies arms of massive destruction?. It mentioned to Korea of the North, Iran and Iraq. States as these and their terrorist allies constitute an axis of badly which weapon to threaten The peace of the world. In the later days to this speech the versions of a possible military aggression in Iraq were multiplied]
I only wanted to say that.
Vrythramax
@roberpro

I think (and I served in the military for the US), he created this war to apease some counrties....it was not done legally.

I'll take any arguements.
evilryu530
i have a feeling we will, i mean, wtf is this world coming to? but i htink we will goto war with someone, having 2 small wars simautanoeuisly will be hard, hop[efully china doesnt side with north korea, then weare in real big trouble, i say save ur money and be prepared...
albusa
that people are to scare about them because they are comunist like CUBA, look bros in the forum, Honduras, has been always a warm country, but at this time usually are raining, an now we have temperatures until 110F, so hot, i think must be because that bombs.

REALLY i dont know why they are testing that bombs, look, what a bomb does? kill people, why they dont proube it mathematicaly ? they can calculate the ratio? they can calcule the power.
Vrythramax
evilryu530 wrote:
i have a feeling we will, i mean, wtf is this world coming to? but i htink we will goto war with someone, having 2 small wars simautanoeuisly will be hard, hop[efully china doesnt side with north korea, then weare in real big trouble, i say save ur money and be prepared...


The world has always been screwed up. I just can't see anyone really committing themselves to a nuclear war. It's simply insane.

BTW....if all the stores are either bombed or closed....what good is money??
Dat Nguyen
standready wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
I am not worried about an entire country, no matter who they are, having a nuclear arsenal. Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) will keep them at bay. I am worried about the 1 fanatic that only wants 1 bomb.

I must agree. I think that is the biggest fear we face. Some person selling a nuke to a nutcase for their own profit. I think that is what all the fuss is about with North Korea and soon Iran. If someone does sell a nuke to a nutcase, I can only hope that the nuke is used against their country.


Strongly with you guys here. If we were to live in a perfect world, then sure, no one would have nukes. But we're not so they cant have it - we dont know who they will sell it to - that notion is just too scary.
Vrythramax
Dat Nguyen wrote:
standready wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
I am not worried about an entire country, no matter who they are, having a nuclear arsenal. Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) will keep them at bay. I am worried about the 1 fanatic that only wants 1 bomb.

I must agree. I think that is the biggest fear we face. Some person selling a nuke to a nutcase for their own profit. I think that is what all the fuss is about with North Korea and soon Iran. If someone does sell a nuke to a nutcase, I can only hope that the nuke is used against their country.


Strongly with you guys here. If we were to live in a perfect world, then sure, no one would have nukes. But we're not so they cant have it - we dont know who they will sell it to - that notion is just too scary.


Isn't that what we both said?

Nuclear weapons are going to prolificate.....but no one with even half a brain will use them.
Nameless
Soulfire wrote:
So, in reality, I wonder how many people are actually anti-Bush, or just swept into the anti-Bush thing because it seems to be the cool thing to do. Almost everyone I've talked to in person says "Oh I hate Bush", when questioned why, they were either stumped or replied with a "My parents told me to" or something along the lines.


Many people who support Bush only do so because they have biased media and limited information shoved in their faces all the time. The same can be said of those who oppose him - if you're parents and cursing him all, the chances are, you will be too. As for those who form their own opinions the reality is is that 'revolutionists' (as it were) are always louder then those who support the current government.

I have no idea about numbers though.
Vrythramax
@nameless

now you bring politics into the conversation.

Mad
Related topics
Money for education or war.
The War is a Quagmire
Communism ?
China makes push to restart talks with North Korea
North Korea tests a nuclear weapon
UN Approves North Korea Resolution
North Korea (Allegedly) Succeeds at Nuclear Fusion
Is a war between North and South Korea likely?
North Korea makes some gestures toward calm
North Korea & The United States
North Korea conducts a 3rd nuclear test underground
North Korea cut emergency phone to south
Possible War with Korea
North Korea launches 3 short-range missiles
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.